Extended Stay America - San Diego - Mission Valley - Stadium
Ranked #216 of 279 Hotels in San Diego
Reviewed 19 February 2013

I've stayed at extended stay hotels before, but this hotel is by far the best. The staff was extremely friendly and helpful and the property was very clean. The kitchenette was very useful and it saved me some money on fast food. I would definitely stay here again

• Stayed: January 2013
James B, Manager at Extended Stay America - San Diego - Mission Valley - Stadium, responded to this reviewResponded 21 February 2013

Thank you for taking the time write a review of your stay. I'm so pleased that the associates provided helpful and friendly service and the kitchen was a benefit during your stay. Thank you again for sharing your experience with us. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!

Reviewed 12 February 2013

I had a business trip and decided to stay here . I definately dont regret my decision because everyone was so nice to me it felt like i was at the waldorf astoria. Great customer service. I will be back anytime im in town for business .

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
James B, Manager at Extended Stay America - San Diego - Mission Valley - Stadium, responded to this reviewResponded 17 February 2013

I appreciate you taking the time to write such a fantastic review of our property, specifically the customer service provided by our associates. I'm thrilled to hear that you will stay with us again next time you are in San Diego. Thank you again for sharing your experience with us.

Reviewed 7 February 2013

From the beginning of my stay until the end, the staff was terrific. Everyone was friendly and helpful from the front desk staff to the housekeeping staff. I stay in many different hotels when I travel throughtout the US, however I have never felt like I at was at home until I stayed here. Thank you to all the staff for making this feel like a home away from home!!

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business
James B, Manager at Extended Stay America - San Diego - Mission Valley - Stadium, responded to this reviewResponded 10 February 2013

I appreciate you taking the time write such a complimentary review of our associates and property. I'm so pleased that you felt like we were your home away from home. Thank you for sharing your experience with us. We look forward to welcoming yo back in the future!

Reviewed 29 January 2013

When I stayed at your guys hotel I was greeted with such warmth and the employees were amazing. They were nice friendly and very helpful and informative. I was visting San Diego and they told me all the hot spots I could go to. I had so much fun during my stay. You have my business for life. Thank you to all the employees for making my time there an amazing trip.

• Stayed: October 2012
James B, Manager at Extended Stay America - San Diego - Mission Valley - Stadium, responded to this reviewResponded 4 February 2013

I received a copy of your review, and wanted to express my gratitude for your unbelievably kind and generous comments. When you say that we've earned your business for life, I cannot begin to say how appreciative we are in your vote of confidence. I'm so pleased to hear that our associates went above and beyond to make your trip to San Diego so much fun. Again, thank you so much for the excellent comments about our associates, we look forward to your next trip to San Diego.

Reviewed 18 December 2012

Rooms were very clean and updated. Grocery store and Walmart are only a block away. Qualcomm stadium is literally the next exit. Couldn't beat the free wifi. Flat screen tv with a great selection of stations. We will defiantly come back!!!

• Stayed: December 2012
1  Thank 4yomama
Susan L, Manager at Extended Stay America - San Diego - Mission Valley - Stadium, responded to this reviewResponded 20 December 2012

Thank you for your great review of our property. I'm glad that you found the accommodations to your standards and the location worked well for you. Thank you again for your review. We look forward to seeing you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.

Reviewed 17 November 2012

Immediately upon entering the room there was an odor of dog and just stink... We notified the front desk who had no freshener or anything.
The beds were okay I guess but the pillows were of the cheapest quality, flat and small not to mention there were only three for our bed. The site says that the rooms were renovated and they may have been but we must have been placed in a room that was overlooked. There were other rooms that had granite counter tops though, those rooms had a smell as well. Two other rooms we seen why we were there had a cracked TV screen and after day 1 that is still in need of repair and the other room had an inoperative telephone. All in all this place is very low budget and I would avoid staying here again at all costs. I felt as though the place has a ton of potential but for whatever reason is allowed to under achieve. Some of the small things that I expect from any room was lacking severely. If I had been given a choice the Residence Inn would have been my choice. My family and I have stayed in there rooms on several occasions and we have NEVER been disappointed,

I hate that my family and I had to stay there but at least it was for only two days.

I did have a positive thing to say and that is parking and wifi are free.

Room Tip: Dont book here
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family
James B, Manager at Extended Stay America - San Diego - Mission Valley - Stadium, responded to this reviewResponded 20 November 2012

"Thank you for taking the time to make us aware of your experience. Providing for your total satisfaction, from the moment you arrive to the moment you depart, is my staff's primary duty. Hearing that we failed in your case is truly disheartening, and for that, I offer you my sincerest apology. Please understand that maintain strict quality control standards, which demand that every room is inspected prior to making it available to our guests. Clearly there was a failure in our system during your stay. In response to your comments, I’ve personally met with all of our staff and used your review to demonstrate in which specific areas we can improve.

Reviewed 4 September 2012

We moved to San Diego for a month for my husband's hospital assignment. The apartment we originally rented was not ready when we arrived and we were left with no where to stay. After spending all day searching, we decided to drive over and check out the rooms at this Extended Stay America. Antonio at the front desk was very nice and allowed us to view a room before booking. The hotel has been recently remodeled and it was way better than I was expecting an extended stay to be. It was very affordable for our long stay as far as renting a hotel goes. Antonio even went out of his way to call us to let us know that there was a discount offered through the hospital my husband was working at.
The room had a full size refrigerator, 2 burner stove, and microwave. The breakfast is grab and go and has oatmeal, muffins, coffee, apples, and bananas. There is coin-op laundry onsite too ($2 a load). Free internet, AC works great, room has windows you can open and enjoy fresh air. Close to I15 so you can get anywhere and there is fast food, Walmart, Dollar Tree, and grocery store very close by.
The room was clean and the front desk was very nice (a few times after our sheets had been changed by the maid service, we noticed stains on them and they had no problem exchanging them for different sheets). The only small negative to our stay was that we were on the 3rd floor where half of the rooms are smoking. We were in a non-smoking room and never had any problem with the smoke coming into our room, but you could smell it in the hall.
Overall, If you are needing to stay for a week or longer in SD, I would definitely recommend looking into staying at this extended stay.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled on business
3  Thank caref247
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - San Diego - Mission Valley - Stadium, responded to this reviewResponded 10 September 2012

It was very kind of you to for take the time to publish such a positive review of your stay at our hotel and for recognizing the efforts of our staff, especially Antonio. Our company motto is "Excellence Every Day, Every Way", and my promise to you is that we will continue to operate according to this practice.

It would, of course, be our pleasure for you to repeat your experience with us in the future. Thank you once again, and feel free to reach out to us directly if we can assist you in any of your future travels