I arrived late, just past midnight. On the fourth drive by, I found the hotel lol. The signage could be brighter at night. There was someone available to check me in for my 7 night stay in a smoking King room. Dogs are not allowed on the elevator, just as an FYI.
First thing I did when I arrived in the room was pull back the covers on the bed to make sure the bedding was clean (as per a previous review). There was a hair in the bed! However, the bedding seemed clean. I think the hair was from the housekeeper who made the bed so no big deal. The mattress was hard, but I find that to be preferable to being too soft.
The room was hot and the A/C didn't seem to be functioning. I called downstairs and either they did something from down there or coincidentally the A/C began working; whichever, it continued to work throughout my stay. The windows do open, a very nice feature in a smoking room. There were only two hangers in the closet.
The next day when I went down for breakfast I asked the desk clerk for more hangers. She was busy and distracted but took down my room number. Ten minutes later to my surprise, housekeeping was at the door with plenty of extra hangers. The grab 'n go breakfast consists of coffee, tea, oranges (and maybe apples), and snack bars.
One of the nicest features was having a full kitchen in the room. There is very little dishware and utensils, and I suppose that is understandable. I was in a room meant for 2 people, and there was certainly enough for two. Plus, after the guest leaves, it is easy enough for housekeeping to clean all the dishware and utensils, even the seemingly clean ones in the cabinets & drawers.
The walls are not ultra thin. I did hear light murmuring through the walls once and a few times a dog barking, but not during the night.
The bathroom was clean and the shower was awesome! The water pressure was the best I've seen... perhaps ever!
As mentioned in a previous review, the hotel is conveniently located near many fast food restaurants, coffee shops, a gas station and a supermarket. It took me 15 minutes to get there from the airport.
All in all it was a very nice stay. I would not hesitate to recommend this hotel to friends or family.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Cash is accepted as a form of payment for those guests paying by a weekly or monthly rate. A valid credit card must be kept on file for incidentals. Cash is not accepted as a method of payment for guests paying the daily rate. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Extended Stay, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, Cancelon and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Extended Stay America - San Diego - Mission Valley - Stadium reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Extended Stayamerica San Diego-Mission Valley Hotel San Diego
- Extended Stay America San Diego
- Extended Stay San Diego
- San Diego Extended Stay