Extended Stay America - San Diego - Mission Valley - Stadium
Ranked #216 of 278 Hotels in San Diego
Reviewed 8 August 2013

I arrived late, just past midnight. On the fourth drive by, I found the hotel lol. The signage could be brighter at night. There was someone available to check me in for my 7 night stay in a smoking King room. Dogs are not allowed on the elevator, just as an FYI.

First thing I did when I arrived in the room was pull back the covers on the bed to make sure the bedding was clean (as per a previous review). There was a hair in the bed! However, the bedding seemed clean. I think the hair was from the housekeeper who made the bed so no big deal. The mattress was hard, but I find that to be preferable to being too soft.

The room was hot and the A/C didn't seem to be functioning. I called downstairs and either they did something from down there or coincidentally the A/C began working; whichever, it continued to work throughout my stay. The windows do open, a very nice feature in a smoking room. There were only two hangers in the closet.

The next day when I went down for breakfast I asked the desk clerk for more hangers. She was busy and distracted but took down my room number. Ten minutes later to my surprise, housekeeping was at the door with plenty of extra hangers. The grab 'n go breakfast consists of coffee, tea, oranges (and maybe apples), and snack bars.

One of the nicest features was having a full kitchen in the room. There is very little dishware and utensils, and I suppose that is understandable. I was in a room meant for 2 people, and there was certainly enough for two. Plus, after the guest leaves, it is easy enough for housekeeping to clean all the dishware and utensils, even the seemingly clean ones in the cabinets & drawers.

The walls are not ultra thin. I did hear light murmuring through the walls once and a few times a dog barking, but not during the night.

The bathroom was clean and the shower was awesome! The water pressure was the best I've seen... perhaps ever!

As mentioned in a previous review, the hotel is conveniently located near many fast food restaurants, coffee shops, a gas station and a supermarket. It took me 15 minutes to get there from the airport.

All in all it was a very nice stay. I would not hesitate to recommend this hotel to friends or family.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - San Diego - Mission Valley - Stadium, responded to this reviewResponded 16 August 2013

Thank you so much for posting a review of our property. We strive to provide each and every guest with a pleasant stay at our hotel by providing them with a "home away from home" experience. Although there were some minor issues upon your arrival, I am glad we were able to resolve them quickly and efficiently. As well, it is great to read that you found our hotel to be comfortable and clean overall.

Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 31 July 2013

Once again the ESA came through, my stay was great and I received so much help from the staff in relocating to San Diego. About the call of duty, once again Thank You for making my move to San Diego the best time I ever had.

Room Tip: The room was great housekeeping was excellent.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple

It is so rewarding to read that you had a great stay with us. Thank you for your comments. I am so glad to hear that our team was able to make our hotel your "home away from home" during your relocation. We hope the move went smoothly!

Reviewed 24 July 2013

Good Hotel, good location, good room and excellent staff. The check in process was fast and easy, and the staff was friendly and very helpful in getting us options as to where we could eat. They also got us directions to several nearby beaches. The "breakfast" was ok: muffins, oatmeal and coffee. Our disappoint came when we were given a smoking room, which never of us smoke (They explained that because we book thru a travel site that's the best room they could get us). The true value in this hotel is its staff, always friendly and willing to help with directions, options and advice.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple

Chris - The team and I appreciate your encouraging remarks. Thank you for letting us know that the customer service we pride ourselves on met your expectations. Still, we are sorry that we were unable to provide you with a non-smoking room and that our grab-and-go breakfast did not meet your expectations. The breakfast is a new feature at our hotel, so as we continue to improve it, we will keep your feedback in mind.

Reviewed 11 July 2013

We were heading to San Diego to with our dogs and had a hard time finding a hotel that would take our two large dogs. When I called to make my reservations, I spoke with Kayla and the front desk. I explained to her the situation, that I had two large dogs and was concerned that they would not be excepted. She took my information and said she would speak to the manager and get back with me. I received a call from her about 2 hours later letting me know that they would take my dogs.

This was my first time traveling with my dogs and I could not be happier with the service I was provided. All the of the staff were very friendly. Even when walking my dogs in the morning all of the staff that I came across stopped to give my dog a pat and say good morning.

The room was clean, the location was pretty good (a little ways out, but good), staff was wonderful, breakfast bar was ok.

The only complaint I have was having to pay two pet fees. I knew this ahead of time though and I agreed to it. But I don't know why you have to pay one for each pet when it wasn't any more effort to clean up the room after two dogs.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - San Diego - Mission Valley - Stadium, responded to this reviewResponded 19 July 2013

Thank you for your great review of our property. I'm glad that we were able to accommodate you and your two large dogs. As well, your positive comments regarding our staff are greatly appreciated and I will make sure to make them aware of the wonderful things you mentioned.

Reviewed 9 July 2013

Great Hotel, Had a great stay!
I had read the reviews and was a little scared at first. When we arrived I realized how wrong they were. The check in process was great and the room was super clean and very comfy. I needed a hotel with a kitchenette because we are 5 and I wanted to be able to at least cook breakfast at the hotel, (2adults and 3 kids). The kitchen was great to work in, simple but just what you need. We had a great stay, 15 minutes away from la Jolla beach, 30 minutes away from Leggo Land and you have all you need around, from walmart to nice restaurants, walmart was 3 minutes away and a nice restaurant about 10. Fast food restaurants all around and all kind of services.
The staff was very friendly and helpful, I asked Diana if she new about a theater close by because we wanted to watch despicable me 2, she told me to give her 5 minutes, when I went to the lobby for the info, she had printed a map to the theater, showing times and had all the hotel info in case we got lost, that was son nice of her. Antonio was very friendly and helpful, i had questions about the bill and wanted to make sure I got a discount i was offered when I booked, he explained all the charges and credits, he was very nice. I also spoke to Antonio one day when I told him there was a small leak in the kitchen sink, he offered to get it taken care of right away but we were in the room and it was nothing major, so I told him if it was ok I would rather have him fix it when we left in a couple of days. There was another very nice lady in the night shift on Thursday July the 4th, but I did not get her name, I am used to a extremely soft bed at home, and I asked her if it would be possible if she could lend me an extra matters pillow, she was so nice and did not even ask why I needed it, she got another very nice employee to get me one. The grab and go breakfast was a plus! I did not even know they offered one, I was able to get the kids snacks and and fresh coffee for my self every day.
Another plus! my husband loves to work out and did not want to miss the gym, we asked if there was a fitness center near by, they printed a map for world gym for him and gave him a free pass all the days while we were there!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - San Diego - Mission Valley - Stadium, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2013

I wanted to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. I am so glad to read that you enjoyed your time in San Diego, but most importantly that your stay with us was nothing short of fantastic.

The staff and I would like to thank you again for posting such great comments. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!

Reviewed 28 June 2013

Loved the kitchen, cleanliness and the staff. The value of this hotel was off the charts! The location was perfect for us as we had to go to different parts of SD. I have a large family and this place worked out perfect. The staff was extremely helpful!

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank Bluhorshu
Reviewed 26 June 2013

We have been here 6wks working. Did a remodel at Ikea. The staff are very nice & friendly. They are very helpfull. the rooms are nice & clean. We had a great time here & will come back. Our stay was & very quiet. Thanks! from Steve & Lisa Patrias

Room Tip: In the back. The pool was terrible because there was No Pool
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business

I appreciate you taking the time to write such a great review. It's great to hear that you had comfortable and enjoyable stay with us. I also appreciate all comments about our team and will be sharing it with them .

Once again, thank you again for posting your review. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any of our other brand locations, in the future.