“Fantastic visit”

Hungry Lu's
Ranked #35 of 161 Dessert in San Diego
Cuisines: Delicatessen
Reviewed 12 April 2014 via mobile

I have long used TripAdvisor for recommendations, but the sandwiches my family and I ate at Hungry Lu's made me want to actually write a review. This place is amazing. The service was fantastic and was only outdone by the wonderfully delicious sandwiches, cookies, and bread. We would definitely drive out of the way to visit again!

Reviewed 23 February 2014

I had the grilled cheese feta sub and butter cookies. The bread is made fresh daily. The Italian cookies are some of the best I've ever had. Highly recommend for anyone that wants delicious food, great service, at a great price!

Reviewed 8 January 2014

If you are ever in Ocean Beach Ca. Make sure to stop by Hungry Lu's. This wonderful little cafe has so many great things to rave about. I'll start with their personal Pizza. We had 2 different ones. Tje Pepperoni and the other on I can't the name but they were both delicous. Our Friends had 2 of the sandawiches specials and they were big enough for 2 to eat 1 sandwich. But best of all was the fabulous array of sweet treats on display, The macaroons were to die for. The cookies were OH SO GOOD and the service was just like a neighborhood cafe where the owner wants to know your name.
So Stop and enjoy the best little cafe in Ocean Beach

Reviewed 7 June 2013

While I can remember the taste of my GREAT toasted sub-sandwich, the name totally escapes me. I believe it was a cheese sub with capicola ham added - very tasty. But the real treat is the desserts! We shared a chocolate dipped cannoli with chocolate chips and crushed pistachios. I could have spent a few hours sampling the rest of their delicious-looking treats! While there was not a fresh iced tea option, their other beverages were varied and received good reviews from my friends. There is very limited seating, but the sidewalk tables were perfect for our alfresco lunch. I highly recommend this place!

Reviewed 3 April 2012

Ate here with my family on spring break. Had pizza and eggplant sandwich. Food is authentic deli with homemade bread and cookies. Owner was so nice and friendly. Loved it and will definately come on our next trip. Off the beaten path so not crowded like rest of Ocean Beach.