“GREAT FOOD,GREAT SERVICE,GREAT COCKTAILS”

Prepkitchen Little Italy
Reserve with OpenTable
Prepkitchen Little Italy is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #168 of 4,964 Restaurants in San Diego
Price range: US$30 - US$30
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Home Style
Cross street: Date & India
Description: The newest location to the Prepkitchen family, Prepkitchen Little Italy sits on the corner of India & Date Street in San Diego’s historic Little Italy. The second-story dining room boasts views of the city’s busy streets and local farmer’s market on Saturday mornings. Named one of San Diego’s “Best Restaurants” in 2012 by San Diego Magazine’s food critic, Troy Johnson, Prepkitchen Little Italy serves artisanal, farm-to-table cuisine in a fun & sociable environment and is the only Prepkitchen restaurant to offer a full-service bar. Happy hour is offered daily, where guests can enjoy a selection of award-winning $4 tapas, $5 glasses of sangria or $20 pitchers, $8 signature and handcrafted cocktails, as well as 25% off all bottles of wine. Prepkitchen Little Italy is open for lunch and dinner daily, as well as brunch on the weekends, which includes happy hour priced mimosas, $1 coffee and welcoming scone bar. You can also visit Prepkitchen in La Jolla & Del Mar.
Reviewed 16 April 2014

My son and I came here on a Tuesday night, the restaurant in Little Italy has a nice ambiance that balances casual with chic.
We started with two modern classics cocktails (French 75), delicious.
The steamed mussels were great, same with the slow roasted pork belly with a great apple pure.
.The service was great, thanks Ali for make one first time there one to remember.

Reviewed 15 April 2014

I have not had food this good in a long time. I never would have thought I could spend $18 on a burger, and think that I got a great deal. Their WNL Burger is amazing. Do NOT take out the bacon! My wife does not even like bacon, she loved their homemade bacon! Flatbread was also amazing, as well as their tagliatelle. We went for lunch, we will be back for dinner. I also visited Truluck's, in the area. While decent food at Truluck's I would not return. I will go back to Prepkitchen as many times as I can before we head back home.

Reviewed 12 April 2014

I go to this restaurant when I travel to San Diego for business, I have never been disappointed. The staff remembers me, provides the right level of service, and the food is always delicious.
Great place, great vibes.

Reviewed 21 March 2014 via mobile

There's nothing I DIDN'T like here. Quirky and fun decor.....(I loved that the plates on the wall were all people with animal heads except for...Mr. T?!). Service was genuine and knowledgeable, and the food was just fantastic. We had the warm bean and arugula salad, which is as good as it sounds. The pork tagliatelle was warm, comforting, fresh and perfectly al dente. Desserts were very good too, particularly the goat cheese torte.

So, yeah, it lives up to its hype. I don't have any adjectives left.

Reviewed 17 March 2014

Surprised the great cuisine here hasn't elicited more reviews. My husband and I were looking for a place for a nice grown up meal out while we had my mom around to babysit, and this fit the bill well.

Minor quibbles before we get to the good stuff: it is quite noisy in there, the tables are packed in with little to dampen the sound. Also, our server didn't seem interested in spending much time with us--we had to ask a lot of questions to get information out of her. She did provide prompt service, though.

The food, though, was fabulous. We shared the "Cutting Board" appetizer, which was a nice selection of house cured meats, cheeses, olives, spreads, etc. I wasn't entirely sure about trying the head cheese fritter, but it was delicious and I'm glad I did! A really nice mix of flavours on the board, and perfect for two people.

My husband had the short ribs and I had the tagliatelle. Both were amazing. The sauce on the short ribs was rich and packed with flavour, and was fabulous on the mashed potatoes. Even the little details were perfect--the carrots served with it were divine! The tagliatelle was less complex, but delicious--excellent sausage, nice creamy sauce, fresh perfectly cooked pasta. We finished with the chocolate budino, which was a nice tasty bite, especially with the caramel gelato on top.