“outdated”

Ranked #191 of 279 Hotels in San Diego
Palm Desert, California
“outdated”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 July 2012

Just wanted to get out of the heat in Palm Desert and headed to Carlsbad. Went to Hotels.com and this place looked ok online. Found out the price is the same had I not went through hotels.com. I called the Hotel the day before our arrival just to make sure all we asked for was available. Showed up and the desk guy had no idea that we wanted a pool view and that we had a small dog. Made a big deal of having to find a pool view for us and that we had a dog. He put us on the bottom floor next to parking area so we got to hear everyone come and go and there were a lot of people that weekend. Online says all rooms has WiFi only to find out you had to go to the front desk to get WiFi. False advertising!!! The next day we found our tub filled with water and feces floating in it. They gave us a room on 2nd floor but we had to pack all our stuff and they didn't even offer to help us up with all our stuff. Just a sorry you are now in room 2??. Won't go there again or use hotels.com. Ick!!!

Room Tip: Possibly away from pool area. Wouldn't know.
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank Jenny H

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
  • Turkish first
Avondale, Arizona
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 July 2012

This is the worst place I've ever stayed! I travel with kids so I have to rent at least 2 rooms. So I'm careful about price and I need 2 queen beds in each room. One of the rooms we had stunk so bad we asked to be moved. It smelled like cigarettes and someone had tried to cover it up with a horrible air freshner. The room we moved to had a bed that had sand in it when we pulled down the covers. The majority of the outlets and the lamp in my room didn't work. The outlet next to the bed was on and off working, so the alarm clock plugged into it was constantly flashing. The fridge stopped working. When I askled them to look at the fridge, they said they would send someone in the morning. Nobody ever came. After I complained, when we got back to the room, the A/C was spewing out a vineagar smell. (Sabotage? I think so)The people working there were mostly rude. It was dirty and the property smells like old garbage. I searched for another place to stay but everything was booked for comic con. I would have preferred sleeping in my car.

Room Tip: My only tip is find another hotel. It's the worst one in the area.
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
Highland, California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 July 2012

So this is an honest review and im Shure most people who have stayed here can agree. This place Is poor. I stayed here comic con weekend which is thee only reason why I stayed here . I was not impressed at all. The people at the front desk are not polite. And the rooms are super small and in ok condition. My main reason for writing this review is because in all the pictures they showed nice rooms with flat screen tvs WRONG !! There are not flat screens and the cable sucks ! Seriously about 10-15 channels and they are so static you can't even really enjoy what your watching , I would not advise this place to anybody!!! Also since we stayed here for 3-4 nights and got our room cleaned/towels and what not , they didn't even leave us any clean towels they just picked up the ones that were used . Everyone please take my review into consideration and don't stay here ! They really need to improve customer service and room quality .

• Stayed July 2012
North Hollywood
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 July 2012

Choice Hotels should be ashamed that they allowed their brand name Quality Inn to be placed upon this property. I stayed in room 405 and the A/C didn't work. When I asked for a new room, they sent some old guy up who just fiddled with the controls. Since the fan blew, he said nothing and walked out the room.

He knew it wasn't blowing cold.

And that's the problem with this hotel, they just don't care. They want your money and that's it.

Any hotel in this area is better than the Quality Inn.

DO NOT STAY HERE.

Room Tip: Choose another hotel
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Chrissypoo
Tucson, Arizona
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 July 2012

First off this hotel is part of Choice hotels which in my opinion does not deserve to be. It is not up to choice standards what so ever. At check in the lobby was packed with guest waiting to check in by one GSA while the manager did nothing to help or let the guest know they were short of staff and would be with us shortly. I just had surgery and asked for a bottom floor which was not accommodated. The GSA who helped was too busy flirting with a young woman giving out brochers than helping guest checked in. Finally after completing the check in process i was checked into a room who already had guests in it. Then after i was checked into a room with the A/C not working and the beds were so uncomfortable it was ridiculous not to mention the room smelled of dog pee. At this point i was irate and completely dissatisfied with how the staff and manager on duty Portia handled things...wait thats right she did nothing to step up to the plate as a manager to take care of guests staying at her property. As a manager at a choice property in Arizona i expected a lot more hospitality. After a planned vacation over a month i had to scramble to look for another hotel to stay at last moment. I would recommend not staying here at all.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank ADU7
Phoenix, Arizona
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2012

This hotel was the pits. The beds were so uncomforable you could feel the springs and in one of the other rooms where someone else in our party was staying the A/C wasn't working. They moved them to another room and then gave the same room to other travelers and they opened the door up on the twice with the key. The carpet was damp and your feet were black on the bottoms from the filthy carpet. The free breakfast was a joke one waffle maker and hard as rocks danish. We ended up going to Denny's down the street. Stay away from this hole in the wall its really bad.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Kim T
Homewood, Alabama
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2012

This Quality Inn is an older hotel, that is really trying to become a better place... with out spending a lot of money for a desperately needed renovation.
I had a little bit of trouble at check in. I made the reservation on the Quality Inn web site, and when I got to the hotel, they didn't have my reservation. Luckily they had a room for available, and we were able to complete check in.

The rooms are very small. Really small. I have had more room in Japanese business hotels in Tokyo. We stayed in a one queen room, and barely had enough room to get in to the bathroom.
The room was clean, however after years of use, the age of the hotel definitely shows. Old stained carpet on the floor, and cracked tiles with grout starting to crumble, stained black from age and dirt.

You are paying for location, and the hotel is close to everything.
I would not stay again, especially with a Marriott Courtyard charging just a little bit more not more than a block away.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple