“Never again!!!” 1 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #195 of 279 Hotels in San Diego
Salinas, California
“Never again!!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 September 2013

For this Labor Day weekend I booked a hotel room with Quality Inn in Hotel Circle South in San Diego but neither me, nor my family were able to enjoy it.

On Sept 1st, 2013, at about 9:15 P. M. my family and I entered the lobby of the hotel and tried to check in. For our astonishment we were told that there are no rooms avialable. Niara, the front desk agent did not even offer us accomodation in another, nearby hotel. She just said that the manager Portia Khan overbooked the hotel and apologized in her behalf. However, her aplogies could not fix our inconviniens; we had to drive 27 miles to another hotel to spend the holiday far away from S. D. Downtown and the local attractions.

For us this hotel does not even exist on the map anymore. As for you, If you want to visit it, good luck. You may be more lucky than we were.

Room Tip: Find a a hotel where the manager does not overbook the rooms.
Stayed September 2013, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
  • Turkish first
Borrego Springs, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 September 2013

This room really saved me. My whole vacation was crazy and a mess and I happened to pull into their parking lot, thankfully! The staff was very helpful and friendly, the room was great - nice and clean - breakfast was fine, and they sell Sea World tickets! They sell them in a package deal and they sell San Diego Zoo tickets as well. I had low expectations at first pulling in (the cheap price caught my eye) but I left much more satisfied than I would have thought. I defiantly recommend this hotel to any traveler.

Room Tip: Just explain to the front desk what you need and they'll be more than happy to accommodate you.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
tempe az
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 September 2013

This hotel really should not be part of the "Choice Hotels" chain.... it is old, shabby, and although the staff is very nice and try to be helpful, my experience was very poor. Tired looking furniture and fixtures, stained and lumpy carpet, no pool, no patio/verandahs, crowded breakfast area with old, battered furniture. The bathroom was not nice at all; new countertop, but installed poorly, tub was stained and the drain did not work well, and the wall had mold spots! Beds were okay, but that was all. Rooms are very far from soundproof; very very noisy neighbors, which while not the fault of the hotel, certainly gave a poor impression. I would not ever recommend this hotel, unless you need something close to attractions, and don't care where you stay!

Pahoa, Hawaii
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 August 2013

Yes, this ppty is absolutely GREAT for a Business Traveler alone. The Hotel Circle location is
right at the junction of the 8 and 163 Freeways, so you are an easy drive to any part of San
Diego area, including the Downtown High Rises. There is a small Exercise Room, which I did
use, and found it of more use than the usually ice cold pool at many other properties for those
of us with fitness concerns. The complimentary breakfast is very good indeed--Im not a fan of
a heavy brreakfast, but I did note that this is one of the few properties that serve sausage and
some simulation of eggs rather than just the usual excellent waffles. And, I am thrilled to note,
there is a lobby computer for guest use that worked very well.
But, the rooms are very small indded, though the bathroom is nicely done with a granite
countertop and a tile floor. There is no closet, as one's closthes hang on a rod in a corner of
the room. With a nice and comfy work or dining table and two chairs, the walk around the bed
is a tight fit indeed. As a person traveling alone for business, I found the room great, as heat
pump and air cond seemed new and worked very very well......but if I were there with my GF
we would have been totally crowded.
GREAT Staff, too.....

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
Owatonna, MN
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 August 2013

The hotel was overall an average accommodation. It served the purpose of staying and visiting nearby touristic attractions. The hotel had their water shut off without any courtesy intimation, when called they kept of saying that the water will be back in 10 minutes, that lasted for an hour and then frustrated we just left. The staff attitude and service is just plain unfriendly and very cold!!!!

Room Tip: Choose rooms facing the mountain side!!! They are quieter!!!
Henderson, Nv
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 August 2013

This place is located on Hotel circle so is convenient for zoo, sea world, old town, etc. The room we stayed in was very small, with a comfortable queen bed. Bathroom was small but clean. Since we were only in the room to sleep and shower it was ok. Breakfast was quite good, with eggs, sausage, waffles, cereals, yogurt and sweet rolls. One unusual aspect that we enjoyed, there were garages for the cars.

1 Thank USNRetired1980
Norwalk
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 August 2013

I hate writing bad reviews but then again its my opinion, Headed out to san diego with my family of 6, after our first hotel had over sold we went searching, but all hotels were booked, finally at 10 pm we found this hotel, my last resort since by this time and hours of driving children where moody. I spent 123.00 on each room (got 2), staff at front counter was really nice, but the room....super disappointment, rooms where sooo small bed was 2 feet away from the table and tv stand. 1st room we found a "silver fish" under the pillow, 2nd room had an old big TV box set, I had to use my laptop to watch Netflix since the TV would make a ringing sound.
Breakfast was complimentary, it was a so-so basic but clean.
I don't think I would ever stay here again simply because the rooms are just to small and stuffy, needs a real upgrade and more ventilation.

Room Tip: None, hotel needs renovations.
    • 1 of 5 bubbles