“Great place to stay”

Residence Inn San Diego Rancho Bernardo/Scripps Poway
Ranked #101 of 278 Hotels in San Diego
Reviewed 4 October 2012

I stayed at this hotel for 30 days for temporary living prior to moving into my apartment. Staff are excellent; the room, or I should say suite, was great. It is a great location, close to I15 (but not too close). All the necessary amenities are close by (restaurants, gas, stores), and their are hiking/biking trails nearby. I would really recommend this hotel to any of my friends !! Enjoy !

Room Tip: I picked a bottom floor room fairly close to the back parking lot,...nice and (very) quiet, and easy...
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled solo
There are newer reviews for Residence Inn San Diego Rancho Bernardo/Scripps Poway

Reviewed 4 October 2012

So where do I begin...I am an RN at a bay area trauma center and stressful is an understatement. It takes a special environment to attempt to wash away the residue, heartache and day to day trauma.
From the moment I put my suitcase down in my amazing suite to enjoying my first glass of wine sitting by the fire pit, i knew this would be "mission accomplished" by the end of my stay.
Hours in the pool, by the pool, reading my favorite books, to enjoying your healthy, fresh meals made for a perfect vacation. I will not only be returning, but have already referred no less than 15 of my friends as well.
Thank you Residence Inn for hiring the most professional, front desk staff that I have ever dealt with. Every question or request was immediately addressed and attended to. The front desk staff of any hotel of where I travel, to me, is the most refective of the overall service that I can expect. Bravo Bravo!!! What more can i say except that, "I AM COMING BACK!".

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 23 September 2012

I stayed here for a week. Staff are excellent; the room, or I should say suite, was great. Breakfast was ok (I am used to the full service restaurant at the Courtyard (CY) in Rancho Bernardo (RB) but, does cost $ for the meal there). I stayed here for two reasons - the CY in RB is showing its age, IMHO. Secondly, I've stayed at this hotels sister hotel, the Springhill Suites by Marriott several years ago (right next door) and it then was good (thought, has been recently renovated). I will be back in a week for two week duration then back in Nov for one more week since I liked this place and, feel safe and comfortable here.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 19 September 2012

My husband and I stayed in September 2012 for about 5 days (wished it could have been longer.) Matt, at the front desh was very friendly and made us feel very welcomed. The hotel staff was helpful and pleasant. Our room was abolutely superb! The complimentary breakfast and dinner at the hotel was amazing! The location and amenities were perfect! Our check-in & check-out was incredibly fast! Great service, Great time and Excellent staff........what more could a person ask for?

Thank you Marriott for making our trip enjoyable and hassel free. We're planning a longer trip to San Diego and look forward to staying at the Residence Inn in Poway, San Diego, again. We might even bring our dog with us.

Room Tip: We really enjoyed the two bedroom suite on the higher floor.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Louise K
Reviewed 14 September 2012

My husband and I stayed here the first week of September! Everything from the time of check in to check out was amazing!! The staff was supper friendly and answered any questions we had about directions or anything! Having breakfast and dinner at the hotel was awesome if we couldn't figure out what we wanted or just didn't feel like going back out! The room was very clean and the beds were very comfy and I LOVED having 5 pillows on the bed!! The hot spa and the pool was also a great way to end the day!!!

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 September 2012

My family and I stayed at this hotel the first week of September. Everything from check-in to check-out was fantastic! Matt at the front desk was very friendly and ensured that we had everything we needed to ensure our stay was very enjoyable. In fact, each of the staff members we encountered were pleasant and always asked if we needed anything.

LOCATION
The location of this hotel for the price simply can't be beat. It is located right off of the 15 and is minutes (less than 20) away from nearly any attraction you want to visit. There are a few restaurants within walking distance (across the parking lot) - Wendy's, Chili's, and Nugent's Fire Grille (a well-known local seafood and steak favorite). If those don't satisfy your taste buds there are several other food options only about 1 mile away.

FREE BREAKFAST & DINNER
The complimentary breakfast offered both hot and cold, something for everyone in out group. They also serve a complimentary dinner M-Th, which included free soda and adult beverages (don't know which ones because I didn't consume any but they were available). A plus for my family was the bowl of fresh fruit that was always filled in the area where breakfast and dinner is served. Taking advantage of the free breakfast and dinner certainly saved my family money and allowed us to have a little more! If you prefer to prepare your own meals there is a grocery store about 1 mile away. The fully equipped kitchens in the rooms make it super easy for you to enjoy home-cooked meals right there in your room! The refrigerator is great, especially when traveling with children.

AMENITIES
This hotel offered free in-room wi-fi which is a must for myself when traveling. The connection was fine, it never lagged or dropped the connection. My husband and son took advantage of the hot tub and pool in the evenings. There is also an on-site laundry facility, which is nice for longer stays or big messes, or if you are like me and like to travel with clean clothes.

Overall, the location, convenience and price for this hotel and the friendliness of the staff was great! I will definitely be staying here again when I return to San Diego!

Room Tip: We stayed in the 2 bedroom suite. Each bedroom had a queen bed and the sofa in the living area conve...
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Lisa M
Reviewed 28 August 2012

Stayed at this hotel mid-August. Everything was fantastic! The beds were extremely comfortable and the rooms were quiet. Front-desk staff was very knowledgable about the area: restaurants, grocery, attractions, etc. Attentive to our needs. Housekeeping service was good. Complimentary breakfasts and weekday dinners were delicious! I will definitely stay at this hotel again the next time I visit San Diego!

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
Hampton Inn & Suites San Diego-Poway
Residence Inn San Diego Del Mar
Residence Inn San Diego Del Mar
#104 of 278 in San Diego

Been to Residence Inn San Diego Rancho Bernardo/Scripps Poway? Share your experiences!