“A great place to stay.”

Ranked #88 of 279 Hotels in San Diego
San Diego, California
“A great place to stay.”
Reviewed 10 October 2012

My family and I have had the pleasure of being a guest at the Residence Inn on two, long term occasions and have been more than pleased on each occasion. The staff, which to our amazement, has not changed much over the last four years, makes you feel like family starting with the General Manager, the Senior Management, all the way down to the folks that serve breakfast and dinner. You feel like one of the family when you stay at this location. The rooms are immaculate and the grounds are well kept. The hotel is centrally located to downtown, north county and the other locations in San Diego. I highly recommend staying at this location!

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Don A

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (90)
los angeles
Reviewed 7 October 2012

I just came from an overnight stay at this Marriott property and I am absolutely happy with this find. First of all, it was difficult to find a last minute, decent and affordable place to stay within San Diego during this month when they have the Kids Free promo. The one bedroom suite was so clean and restful, I wished we could have stayed longer. The kitchen and the separate living room area was nice especially since my son had long gone to sleep by the time we arrived at the hotel, tired from all the sights and shows of Seaworld. It was perfect to have a mom and dad space without disturbing my little one's rest. Although farther away from downtown SanDiego, we actually enjoyed the peace and quiet of the area. We found a nearby church early this morning and went back to the hotel for a full hot breakfast. Wow! The staff was amazing. I can understand how easy it is to give a free continental breakfast to guests, but it was obvious how much more effort was needed to give guests a good hot breakfast and making sure that there was enough for everyone from opening time (7:00 am ) to closing time (10:00 am). Check out was at 12:00 noon, which was 2 hours later than what we get from other hotels. We were actually able to dip into the pool before leaving. I was thinking that the best way to say thank you for such a nice stay was to write this review and give it 5 stars! Go ahead try it out yourself!

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank LAtravelbug_11
GMSDMarriotts, General Manager at Residence Inn San Diego Rancho Bernardo/Scripps Poway, responded to this review, 19 October 2012
LAtravelbug_11,

Thank you so much for the positive comments. With 18 reviews in 9 cities (as of this message), we can tell that you are a savvy traveler and are thoughtful in your reviews.

Thanks again for taking the time to let us know how we are doing. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

-Trent Selbrede, General Manager
San Diego, California
Reviewed 4 October 2012

I stayed at this hotel for 30 days for temporary living prior to moving into my apartment. Staff are excellent; the room, or I should say suite, was great. It is a great location, close to I15 (but not too close). All the necessary amenities are close by (restaurants, gas, stores), and their are hiking/biking trails nearby. I would really recommend this hotel to any of my friends !! Enjoy !

Room Tip: I picked a bottom floor room fairly close to the back parking lot,...nice and (very) quiet, and easy...
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled solo
Scotts Valley
Reviewed 4 October 2012

So where do I begin...I am an RN at a bay area trauma center and stressful is an understatement. It takes a special environment to attempt to wash away the residue, heartache and day to day trauma.
From the moment I put my suitcase down in my amazing suite to enjoying my first glass of wine sitting by the fire pit, i knew this would be "mission accomplished" by the end of my stay.
Hours in the pool, by the pool, reading my favorite books, to enjoying your healthy, fresh meals made for a perfect vacation. I will not only be returning, but have already referred no less than 15 of my friends as well.
Thank you Residence Inn for hiring the most professional, front desk staff that I have ever dealt with. Every question or request was immediately addressed and attended to. The front desk staff of any hotel of where I travel, to me, is the most refective of the overall service that I can expect. Bravo Bravo!!! What more can i say except that, "I AM COMING BACK!".

• Stayed August 2012, travelled solo
Brampton, Canada
Reviewed 23 September 2012

I stayed here for a week. Staff are excellent; the room, or I should say suite, was great. Breakfast was ok (I am used to the full service restaurant at the Courtyard (CY) in Rancho Bernardo (RB) but, does cost $ for the meal there). I stayed here for two reasons - the CY in RB is showing its age, IMHO. Secondly, I've stayed at this hotels sister hotel, the Springhill Suites by Marriott several years ago (right next door) and it then was good (thought, has been recently renovated). I will be back in a week for two week duration then back in Nov for one more week since I liked this place and, feel safe and comfortable here.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled on business
Eugene, Oregon
Reviewed 19 September 2012

My husband and I stayed in September 2012 for about 5 days (wished it could have been longer.) Matt, at the front desh was very friendly and made us feel very welcomed. The hotel staff was helpful and pleasant. Our room was abolutely superb! The complimentary breakfast and dinner at the hotel was amazing! The location and amenities were perfect! Our check-in & check-out was incredibly fast! Great service, Great time and Excellent staff........what more could a person ask for?

Thank you Marriott for making our trip enjoyable and hassel free. We're planning a longer trip to San Diego and look forward to staying at the Residence Inn in Poway, San Diego, again. We might even bring our dog with us.

Room Tip: We really enjoyed the two bedroom suite on the higher floor.
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Louise K
San Diego, California, United States
Reviewed 14 September 2012

My husband and I stayed here the first week of September! Everything from the time of check in to check out was amazing!! The staff was supper friendly and answered any questions we had about directions or anything! Having breakfast and dinner at the hotel was awesome if we couldn't figure out what we wanted or just didn't feel like going back out! The room was very clean and the beds were very comfy and I LOVED having 5 pillows on the bed!! The hot spa and the pool was also a great way to end the day!!!

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near San Diego
SpringHill Suites San Diego Rancho Bernardo/Scripps Poway
Staybridge Suites San Diego Rancho Bernardo Area
Residence Inn San Diego Sorrento Mesa/Sorrento Valley
Residence Inn San Diego Rancho Bernardo/Carmel Mountain Ranch
La Quinta Inn San Diego - Miramar
Hampton Inn & Suites San Diego-Poway

Been to Residence Inn San Diego Rancho Bernardo/Scripps Poway? Share your experiences!