“Great stay. Returning next month.”

Residence Inn San Diego Rancho Bernardo/Scripps Poway
Ranked #131 of 286 Hotels in San Diego
Reviewed 28 October 2013

I stayed here for work for a week in September. I loved it. The location was great being an exit or two up from a big restaurant and theater complex, restaurants in the parking lot (Wendy's, Chili's) and close enough to where I was working in Poway. The room felt nice, fresh, and well maintained and was quiet even though I was on the restaurant side of the building. Breakfast was reasonably good (I know, all Marriotts are the same menu, food vendor, etc. but it was well kept, stocked, and fresh.)

I met lots of the staff as I was in and out a little during the day and found them all amicable and engaged. I'm returning next month on the same project and feel like I'll go back and they'll recognize me and ask how I’ve been, like I've made friends almost. Very friendly vibe, I like that a lot.

Also, local beer in the area 2-3 miles was exceptional. Ballast Point, AleSmith, Rough Draft. Hours on some of them were not really conducive to out-of-towners though

1  Thank Daniel F
Kelly_Herrington, General Manager at Residence Inn San Diego Rancho Bernardo/Scripps Poway, responded to this reviewResponded 1 November 2013

Thank you for the review! We value your feedback and appreciate you taking the time to evaluate your stay. We are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us. Glad to hear you are returning next month.

Warm Regards,

Reviewed 25 October 2013

I mailed a letter to the General Manager almost four weeks ago and have not heard back from her. I had an unacceptable experience with my confirmed reservation some weeks ago and had to stay instead at another property this GM manages. I'd rather not reach the GM through this vehicle, but her unresponsiveness has forced my hand. I do love this property, and was disappointed that I had to stay somewhere else, but I'm more disappointed the GM has not responded to my

1  Thank Greg L
Kelly_Herrington, General Manager at Residence Inn San Diego Rancho Bernardo/Scripps Poway, responded to this reviewResponded 28 October 2013

Greg,

I’m so sorry to hear about your reservation issue and would like to know more. Guest concerns are very important to us and we’re disappointed that this one slipped through. Unfortunately, I have not received your letter. I do appreciate that you took the time to write your concern to us and would very much like the opportunity to remedy the problem.

You’re welcome to call my office at any time. Simply ask the front desk for me and I promptly return all guest calls. The front desk can also provide you with my email address. Marriott customer service is also great way to express a hotel concern. All guest concerns funneled through customer service are directed to the hotel’s General Manager and a timely response is required. Marriott has a great, comprehensive system for customer feedback and it’s very important to me that all guests get the service and attentiveness that they deserve.

Please feel free to reach out to me any means and we’ll be on the lookout for your letter.

Regards,

Reviewed 23 October 2013

I have stayed here for 5 months and the staff is very helpful and friendly. Laura is very helpful making reservations and Maria and Cindy ensure there is plenty of food for breakfast and dinner. I highly recommend this hotel staff - they continue to treat me very well.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Kelly_Herrington, General Manager at Residence Inn San Diego Rancho Bernardo/Scripps Poway, responded to this reviewResponded 27 October 2013

Thank you for sharing a review on Trip Advisor. I have passed along your wonderful feedback to the staff and they could not be happier to know that their hard work was recognized. We look forward to your next stay.

Warm Regards,

Reviewed 23 October 2013

This Residence Inn is great! Very close to Sea World (15 minutes), excellent breakfast, and clean, nicely furnished rooms! I was so thrilled, that as a Silver member, I was upgraded to a two room suite, at the same price as the studio I had reserved! I was so surprised I was pretty much speechless! We had two separate bedrooms with televisons, two very nice bathrooms both with tubs, and two large closets, a very nice living area and a full nicely appointed kitchen. My grandkids were thrilled to be able to pick two items from the little store as a Silver member also! The location is superb with many sit-down and fast food choices, as well as close to a mall with even more shopping. This hotel will be my go to place for my future San Diego Trips.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family

Thank you for taking the time to share a review of on Trip Advisor. I appreciate you sharing your positive experiences with us. It is nice to hear that you found the property to meet your needs during your stay here in San Diego. Hope you to see you again in the future.

Thanks Again,

Reviewed 22 October 2013

I recently spent about 4-1/2 months at the Residence Inn on Scripps Poway Parkway in San Diego. All of the staff went out of their way to make my stay a memorable one, including the managers, the front desk staff and housekeeping. But the ladies in the food service area were especially helpful and pleasant, including Ruth and Maria in the mornings for breakfast and Cindy in the evenings, during dinner and happy hour, four days a week. Cindy made sure there was fresh, varied and plentiful food and beverage at the buffet. One weekend I got a last minute visit from my family, and needed to change rooms from a divided room to a suite to accomodate them. The staff was very helpful in helping with this change of plans.

George W

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
Derek E, Manager at Residence Inn San Diego Rancho Bernardo/Scripps Poway, responded to this reviewResponded 24 October 2013

Dear George W.,

Thank you for such a great review. One of the most satisfying parts of working here is establishing lasting friendships with our guests that stay for such a long time. Thank you also for recognizing our valuable staff. Part of our success is a direct result of the service provided by associates such as Ruth, Maria, and Cindy.

Hopefully we will get a chance to see you again soon!

All The Best,

Derek Edwards
Assistant General Manager

Reviewed 14 October 2013

Everything was so fast and easy, particularly checkout by Cinthiya C who was just a gas and a blast. We had a great time and thought the price excellent for the quality of the product and the renovations made a large difference. Strongly recommended for this type of product

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Kelly_Herrington, General Manager at Residence Inn San Diego Rancho Bernardo/Scripps Poway, responded to this reviewResponded 16 October 2013

I'd like to take this opportunity to thank you for the review! Our team is committed to making our guests' stay both enjoyable and comfortable. We value your feedback, and happy to hear that Cynthia took good care of you. We hope you'll come back and visit soon.

Warm regards,

Reviewed 12 October 2013

In the first week of October, we stayed at the Residence Inn San Diego Rancho Bernardo/ Scripps Poway for three nights. We were thoroughly pleased with our room, the staff and the facility in general; and we would not hesitate to return if we are ever in the San Diego area again.

As we had requested when making our reservation, our room was on the top floor and sufficiently far from the highway to insure not being disturbed by traffic noise. Initially, we were concerned to find that we were quite close to the elevator; but we were never bothered by any noise from the hall. The room was large, nicely decorated and clean. The bed was very comfortable, and there were multiple pillows of various thicknesses and firmness to satisfy any preference. In fact, the bed was so comfortable, that we plan to try to buy the same mattress for our home. The housekeeping staff was almost overzealous, putting dishes and cups that we had rinsed and left to use later through the dishwasher. And any time we passed any of the housekeepers in the hall, they always greeted us with a smile and were always most pleasant.

All of the staff members that we dealt with were great and very helpful. They quickly fielded all of our questions about local attractions and shops were we could find items that we wanted to pick up. And anything that they did not know personally, or were not certain about, they immediately researched to get us the information we needed. Derek E suggested a nearby restaurant, Que Pasa, which we liked enough to go to for dinner twice. He also explained to us that they sold passes for the zoo at a discount, which saved us a few dollars. Cynthia C was also very helpful in finding stores to buy needed items, investigating if a federal monument was open (it wasn’t), and coordinating with the Engineering staff to deal with the alarm clock (more below).

The breakfast buffet was nothing special, but quite adequate. Suffice it to say that we never left hungry in the morning, and the staff servicing the buffet was as pleasant and responsive as everyone else. We were surprised to learn when we checked in that a light supper buffet was also provided on week nights. We took advantage of it only once, as we preferred to go to Que Pasa for their great Mexican dishes, margaritas, and banana fritters, and Evan, our terrific and helpful waiter/ bartender.

Our only minor negative experience involved the alarm clock in the room; and we hasten to add that the staff and the Inn were not at fault. The previous occupant of the room had set the alarm for 4:30 am, and it worked VERY well our first morning. Turning it off proved challenging in our foggy state. And unsetting it was even more challenging when we got up for real. After struggling with the various buttons, nobs and switches for 15 minutes and succeeding in only partially changing the alarm time, we gave up and went down to ask Cynthia how to turn it off completely. She said that she did not know, and deferred to the head of Housekeeping, who said that it had to be done by opening the case, and that she would get Engineering to deal with it. We told them not to bother and just set it for a time when we would be out of the room.

Room Tip: Check the alarm clock before retiring.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family

Thank you for taking the time to share a review of on Trip Advisor. I appreciate you sharing your positive experiences with us. It is nice to hear that you found the property to meet your needs during your stay here in San Diego. We look forward to your next trip back.

Thanks Again,