“Perfect family hotel for a weekend at the Safari Park”

Residence Inn San Diego Rancho Bernardo/Scripps Poway
Ranked #91 of 278 Hotels in San Diego
Santa Monica, CA
“Perfect family hotel for a weekend at the Safari Park”
Reviewed 5 December 2013

We stayed in a 2-bedroom suite for two weekend nights in November as a base for a Saturday trip to the Safari Park (it's about 15-20 minutes away). Upon entering the driveway we noticed the hotel looked newer and clean. There was no real loading/check-in zone, although luckily there was an open parking stall near the entrance. Check-in was quick and easy and the gentleman behind the desk was efficient and helpful.

The room was standard for a newer Residence Inn: stainless steel appliances in the kitchen, flatscreen tvs in the living room and bedrooms, clean bathrooms. There was plenty of room for our 3yr old to run around.

The complimentary hot breakfast was nice (a pleasant surprise to my parents who aren't accustomed to "free" breakfasts of this quality): waffles, eggs, sausage, bagels, cereal, oatmeal, toast, fruit and even rice and furikake for Asian guests.

The neighborhood seemed safe and there are plenty of amenities nearby (restaurants, etc.).

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
4 Thank socaljsb
Kelly_Herrington, General Manager at Residence Inn San Diego Rancho Bernardo/Scripps Poway, responded to this review, 6 December 2013
I'd like to take this opportunity to thank you for the review! Our team is committed to making our guests' stay both enjoyable and comfortable. We value your feedback, and are grateful for the recognition you placed on our breakfast and quality accommodations. It was our pleasure to have you stay with us.

Kelly Herrington

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (93)
San Diego, California
Reviewed 26 November 2013

Sent here on business for two months and I can not imagine a better place to stay. My first day here I was greeted by a personalized welcome basket in my room that made me feel very special. All the ladies that clean my room every day show respect for all my personal belongings which gave me great peace of mind. All the front desk staff are friendly and helpful but especially Laura and Cynthia, very pleasant young ladies always with a smile, just made me feel good every day. Cindy was the best part of this home away from home. She made sure I had something to eat and someone to talk to every day after work, not just someone who works here but someone who became my friend. This has been my best trip ever!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank Phil G
Kelly_Herrington, General Manager at Residence Inn San Diego Rancho Bernardo/Scripps Poway, responded to this review, 27 November 2013
I'd like to take this opportunity to thank you for the review! Our team is committed to making our guests' stay both enjoyable and comfortable. We value your feedback, and are grateful for the recognition you placed on the staff. We hope we'll see you again!.

Wuelfrath, Germany
Reviewed 6 November 2013

We stayed here for four nights and enjoyed it very much! We had a room with a king size bed and a sleeping sofa. Well the sofa was not too comfortable, but my wife didn't complain, our son and I shared the king bed, which was very comfortable. And the kitchen had all you need to cook a simple meal. Even a dishwasher!!! :-) The pool was heated and the jacuzzi was very relaxing. On special days during the weak there is a free dinner, not the best, but nice. The same is to say about the breakfast. Quit good and it is complementary. The only thing I didn't like were the disposable dishes.
The room was clean and the housekeeping did a great job. Also the staff was very friendly.
Only a short drive away is a shopping facility (Vons) with some "restaurants", most are fast food. I would recommend the Luna Grill!
Overall I would recommend the hotel for a stay in San Diego and would book it again!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
4 Thank thorstochter
Kelly_Herrington, General Manager at Residence Inn San Diego Rancho Bernardo/Scripps Poway, responded to this review, 8 November 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share a review of on Trip Advisor. I appreciate you sharing your positive experiences with us. It is nice to hear that you found the property to meet your needs during your stay here in San Diego. We look forward to your next trip back.

Thanks Again,

Saint Paul, Minnesota
Reviewed 6 November 2013

If you plan to visit san diego with your family always choose this hotel without giving a second thought.Very courteous staff, respond in minutes for every need.Surroundings are very safe if you are going with your family.It is also located in a very good area accessible to every other place you wanna visit in san diego.I have been to san diego with my 11 week old baby and me and my husband took a great choice being here.They helped us in every way possible.Well ultimately i would say we had a great trip and the stay is best

Mr and Mrs Allam

Room Tip: With babies kitchen is must
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank keerti a
We were simply delighted to read the wonderful review you shared on TripAdvisor. Our team is committed to providing service so memorable, and we're glad it showed. Thank you for the kind words. We look forward to having you stay with us again in the future!

Warm Regards,
Haymarket, Virginia
Reviewed 2 November 2013

Just wanted to compliment the front office staff, especially Laura, on her can-do attitude and utmost professionalism. Helpful in every way to make my stay the best ever. Whenever I had a problem during checkout, she spent all morning to make sure it was fixed. The breakfast is outstanding and the free Stone IPA during the manager's reception is not bad either. If you stay there, make sure to try out Yanni's restaurant!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
Kelly_Herrington, General Manager at Residence Inn San Diego Rancho Bernardo/Scripps Poway, responded to this review, 4 November 2013
I'd like to take this opportunity to thank you for the review! Our team is committed to making our guests' stay both enjoyable and comfortable. We value your feedback, and are grateful to hear Laura took care of you. We hope you'll come back and visit soon.

Ahwatukee arizona
Reviewed 2 November 2013

I go visit San Diego a lot and I continue to stay at this hotel. Rooms are always clean. It is a quiet room when I was there I noticed there were lots of young kids and I never heard a peep in my room. The staff is great and are very helpful. one night it was late and we didn't get a chance to stop and eat. So I called the front desk and asked who has the best delivery pizza they gave us a great place the pizza was the best. I highly recommend this Marriott.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank Liz K
Thank you for the GREAT review! We value your feedback and appreciate you taking the time to evaluate your stay. We are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and that the staff took good care of you. We hope you come back and visit soon.

Warm Regards,

New Bern North Carolina
Reviewed 30 October 2013

I have been here for a month and have been continually impressed by the entire staff. The managers have done an outstanding job training their staff. Everyone from housekeeping to food servers to the folks at the front desk always do their best to ensure the guests are taken care of. Also my family came out for a few days and Cynthia went out of her way to ensure my wife and daughter had a special experience. Fantastic. MHC

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank maho_10
Kelly_Herrington, General Manager at Residence Inn San Diego Rancho Bernardo/Scripps Poway, responded to this review, 1 November 2013
I'd like to take this opportunity to thank you for the review! Our team is committed to making our guests' stay both enjoyable and comfortable. We value your feedback, and are grateful for the recognition you placed on our staff. It was our pleasure to have you stay with us.

Also consider these accommodations in or near San Diego
SpringHill Suites San Diego Rancho Bernardo/Scripps Poway
Staybridge Suites San Diego Rancho Bernardo Area
Residence Inn San Diego Sorrento Mesa/Sorrento Valley
Residence Inn San Diego Rancho Bernardo/Carmel Mountain Ranch
Hampton Inn & Suites San Diego-Poway
HYATT house San Diego/Sorrento Mesa

Been to Residence Inn San Diego Rancho Bernardo/Scripps Poway? Share your experiences!