Residence Inn San Diego Rancho Bernardo/Scripps Poway
Ranked #87 of 279 Hotels in San Diego
Tucson
“Good Stay”
Reviewed 26 February 2014

I wanted to try different hotel for my business travel. Last month I stayed at the Residence Inn Rancho Bernardo/Carmel Mountain Ranch (two exits north of this location). There are just a few differences between the properties. This hotel has a much nicer (2-3 times larger) breakfast eating area, which is good for spreading out on crowded mornings during the weekend. So if you are deciding which property for your family, this one would be a better choice. The room was equal to the other property, I'm still hoping they update the beds to the ultra-comfort style that has almost become standard in the industry. Some of the drawbacks from this hotel versus the other is the location. There is a gas station, a Chili's and a Wendy's within walking distance. The other property has a lot more options within walking distance. This location has a more "hotel" feel. It is contained within a 3 story high rise as opposed to the one to the north that has a more "residential" apartment feel with more mature gardens etc.

Overall I had a great stay and would not hesitate to stay here again.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Kelly_Herrington, General Manager at Residence Inn San Diego Rancho Bernardo/Scripps Poway, responded to this review, 27 February 2014
Thank you for sharing your experience on TripAdvisor. We value our guest's comments, and were so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay. We hope we get a chance to serve you again in the future.

Kelly Herrington

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (90)
Flagstaff, Arizona
Reviewed 25 February 2014

I travel frequently for business and pleasure, and I rarely find a hotel that stands out above the rest. This hotel was one of the few that really made an impression on me. Upon entering, I was pleasantly surprised by the size of the room which is one of the largest I've yet to stay in. There was plenty of space to make myself at home, plus a FULL size stove, dishwasher, and fridge. What really surprised me was the details included in the room that other hotels would have left out. There was a full set of silverware, cooking utensils, a few pots/pans, even a corkscrew. They even threw in some microwave popcorn incase we needed a snack. (also a microwave, toaster, and coffee maker) Of course the staff was friendly and the rooms were clean. Breakfast was fantastic. They didn't skimp on some of the things probably could have gotten away with, and that made all the difference. This will be my go-to hotel next time I'm in the area.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Kelly_Herrington, General Manager at Residence Inn San Diego Rancho Bernardo/Scripps Poway, responded to this review, 26 February 2014
Thank you for your glowing review! We work very hard to maintain a culture of service and friendliness and we're thrilled that we were able to demonstrate that on your most recent trip. Hopefully we have the opportunity to serve you again soon!

Louisville, Kentucky
Reviewed 23 February 2014

I traveled here on business and it was great, exactly what I expect from a residence inn. I am very satisfied with how this hotel is run. the front desk staff are great, some of the best in the business. It seems that residence inn consistently has some of the best customer service out there, and i will definitely stay here again. my only complaint is that one of my towels had hair on it, but they were all swapped out for new ones.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank artisfun123987
Kelly_Herrington, General Manager at Residence Inn San Diego Rancho Bernardo/Scripps Poway, responded to this review, 24 February 2014
I'd like to take this opportunity to thank you for the review! Our team is committed to making our guests' stay both enjoyable and comfortable. We value your feedback, and are grateful for the recognition you placed on the staff. We hope you'll come back and visit soon.

Warm regards,
Springfield, Illinois
Reviewed 16 February 2014

After flying out of subzero temps we arrived at the hotel just before midnight for a 10 day r&r. My wife and I were upgraded to 2 bedroom 2 bath suite (only room left). Entire staff we encountered was friendly and helpful, suite had full kitchen, beds comfortable and clean as was the suite, breakfast and happy hour foods good. Centrally located from all attractions. Would stay again in a heartbeat.

• Stayed January 2014
1 Thank Drysy1
Derek E, Manager at Residence Inn San Diego Rancho Bernardo/Scripps Poway, responded to this review, 18 February 2014
Dear Drysy1,

Thank you for your great review and we are delighted that you and your wife enjoyed your stay with us! It is our pleaseure to ensure the complete satisfaction of our guests.

We look forward to your next visit to San Diego!

Best Wishes,
Derek Edwards
Assistant General Manager
(858) 635-5724
Minnesota
Reviewed 9 February 2014

Our family of six recently stayed at the Residence Inn for three nights during a trip. We chose the hotel based on excellent TripAdvisor reviews and we weren't led astray. The hotel is in a great location and is very clean and beautiful. We stayed in a two-bedroom suite that was perfect for our family. Everyone had room to spread out a little and we felt welcomed back each long day of site-seeing. The breakfasts were delicious, with plenty of choices. We even loved the fresh fruit bowl that was restocked all day. The kids used the pool as soon as we were settled in. (It was too cold outside for other guests, but the water was heated and we're from Minnesota, so the weather felt amazing to us!) Laura helped us get checked in the first day and even printed out directions to her best seafood restaurant recommendations. We ate at them both and loved our meals. We would definitely recommend staying at this hotel.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
4 Thank ajpeterson
Kelly_Herrington, General Manager at Residence Inn San Diego Rancho Bernardo/Scripps Poway, responded to this review, 10 February 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share a review of on Trip Advisor. I appreciate you sharing your positive experiences with us. It is nice to hear that you found the property to meet your needs during your stay here in San Diego. Hope you to see you again in the future.

Thanks Again,

Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 6 February 2014

I travel all the time and appreciate a courteous staff who make your stay convenient and enjoyable. The staff at the Scripps Poway Residence Inn are fabulous and take good care of their guests. Laura, Kenton, Kyle and many others ensure your stay is pleasant. The Pesquanitos canyon trail right down the hill is a great place to exercise and enjoy the great outdoors after work.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Kelly_Herrington, General Manager at Residence Inn San Diego Rancho Bernardo/Scripps Poway, responded to this review, 8 February 2014
Thank you for sharing a review on Trip Advisor. I have passed along your wonderful feedback to the staff and they could not be happier to know that their hard work was recognized. It was our pleasure to have you stay with us.

Cape Carteret, North Carolina
Reviewed 6 February 2014

Returned for an additional month long stay during January, previous visit was Aug-Sep. Like me if you have to work in San Diego this is a great place to stay. It is nice to see the same friendly faces. The staff is very stable and create a warm and welcoming environment. The counter staff always greeted me by name and everyone else smiled and spoke to me. They all continually asked if there was anything they could do for me. The common areas are clean and modern.
One of the elevators' floor carpet became stained and the carpet was replaced the same week.
One weekend there must have been a big kids basketball tournament in the area as the hotel was filled with families. On that Sunday the hotel was asked to move the breakfast time ahead to allow some of the early players an opportunity to eat before the normal 0700 start. The hotel added extra kitchen help that Sunday and opened at 0600 and stayed open until the normal 1000. My room was large and comfortable on the second floor overlooking the pool. Housekeeping was many different ladies and all of them were professional and kept my room in great shape.
Thanks Carly M. for setting up the tour for our group. Thanks Derek E. for managing to make our stay enjoyable again. Pass my job well done to the following staff; Margaret, Karlie, Cindy, Sonya, Elizabeth, Maria, Ruth, Rosa, Tamara, Kenton, Kyle, Nhoree, Cynthia, Heather, Laura, Alexis, Kathy, and all the others I forgot.

Room Tip: I liked overlooking the pool area rather than a room on the East side looking at vegetation. There...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Harold J
I'd like to take this opportunity to thank you for the review! Our team is committed to making our guests' stay both enjoyable and comfortable. We value your feedback, and happy to hear that we took good care of you. We hope you'll come back and visit soon.

Warm regards,