Residence Inn San Diego Mission Valley
  • Breakfast included
  • Breakfast included
  • Fitness centre
  • Pool
The Atwood Hotel(San Diego)
View Hotel
All reviewshotel circlesea worldmission valleyold towntwo bedroom suitefree beer and winefull kitchenfront desk staffparking feeliving areafamily vacationfashion valleythe breakfast areayogurtshort driveheated poolbalboa park
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 25 May 2011

Stayed 3 nights while on business and had a good stay. Hotel was located off the interstate; a few minutes from Sea World and the zoo. They had just renovated the hotel, so it looked modern and fresh. Parking was $13/day.

I requested a top floor corner room and was given one. However my room faced the interstate, so there were some car noise. Hotel was situated far away from the interstate, but it maybe a problem for light sleepers.

Room had just be renovated and had new bedding and furniture. I was given a family suite that had a master bedroom and kid's bedroom with bunk beds. Kitchen had stainless steel appliances and there were 2 LCD TVs.

As with other Residence Inns, they offered free breakfast and evening socials. The breakfast was nice with hot foods such as sausages, eggs, potatoes. The evenings socials were a big hit for me. It was convenient and I didn't have to spend money to go out to eat. They had hot dogs the first night; tacos the second night; and pasta the third night of my stay. Beer was free as well.

Overall this was one of the better Residence Inns. It is perfect for business and leisure trips.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled on business
3  Thank atlantic2580
Reviewed 24 May 2011

When you arrive at this hotel and park on the side or rear of the building ($13/night) you find yourself on the 2nd floor. Two elevators go serve floors 1-4 only and one secret elevator (not on the diagram at the front desk) serves 1-5. My room was on 5 and it was quite an adventure finding it. And the lobby and breakfast/dinner area is a standalone building. I know it never rains in Southern California but when it does, be prepared to get wet just going to breakfast or the front desk. At least they could have an awning to keep you dry. Breakfast was OK as were the afternoon snacks although I have seen a lot better at other Marriott properties. But with a friendly staff and convenient location, this place is OK, especially for families.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank 1NicePerson
Reviewed 18 May 2011

I was very impressed with this hotel,and the renovations were outstanding. The staff was very professional and friendly not to mention willing to help. I would most definitely stay here again. Great location and easy access to the freeway. Very happy with my stay. Can't wait to do it again.
DeAnna/ Palmdale

3  Thank deonday
Reviewed 17 May 2011

Purpose of this trip was to take our baby daughter to SD Zoo, so we chose this hotel because of the kitchenette, and the east of location.

Pro :
-Staff was really good. We wanted to get extra towels for the room, they got it to us in a hurry. We also asked for a hairdryer since the one in our room was not available, a staff brought it to us in less than 5 minutes. Courtesy call was nice to insure that we received what we asked for. I could not find any fault with the staff... better than most 4 star rated hotels we've stayed at.
- Room was quiet. We were afraid to stay near the railroads like last time, so we chose this area to be at. It was pretty quiet, with the exception of some running from the lobby. There was some sort of basketball tournament in the area, and the hotel was filled with teenagers. But this didn't detract from how quiet the room was.
- Another wonderful kitchenette. Bathroom was clean, bed nicely done. The only thing was the sink area.. right under the sink, there is a faux cabinet that it looks like someone tried to yank out before. No biggy, just don't touch it. We mentioned it to the staff up front.
- Breakfast was very nice. More food than we could expect. Baby liked the scramble eggs. Good enough for baby, good enough for us.

Con :
There wasn't many things we can nitpick... but here are some
- The sign is tiny. Residence inn is next to the Extended Stay. All the other hotels were easily visible, but this sign was tiny.
- Pillow was a bit hard. This is more of a personal preference than anything, but still, the pillow was hard for me. No big deal, I don't really find it a fault of the hotel though. I just use some of the extra towels as pillows.
- Parking stated $13 on one brochure when you check in. On the Map brochure of the hotel it says $10. Nevertheless paying for parking is blah. It's nice to have in and out privileges, but to pay extra for this is blah.

Summary :

We would stay here again. Perfect for families with children. Lots of convenient locations in the area... easy access to freeway.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Buddynutnut
Reviewed 16 May 2011

Hotel was clean, roomy, and organized. Upon checkin, staff provided directions to grocery stores, Target, etc. in the area, which was very helpful while toting small children! Location was great, very close to Sea World!!! Onlly negatives were no fitness center (very important to me!) and a charge for parking...