“Good Location, Close to Seaworld and Zoo”

Residence Inn San Diego Mission Valley
Ranked #135 of 278 Hotels in San Diego
Reviewed 30 September 2013

Stayed for Two nights with Family. Location was good, close to Seaworld and Zoo. Breakfast does not caters for Vegetarians. Sufficient parking space Service requires improvement. I will not stay there next time inspite of good location

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank sorabh
RIMVGM, General Manager at Residence Inn San Diego Mission Valley, responded to this reviewResponded 7 October 2013

Hello and thank you for taking the time to write a review after your recent stay here at the Residence Inn Mission Valley. I will discuss your comments with my staff to see what we can do to improve our guests experience here. We hope you will give us another opportunity to stay with us and see what new changes we are making today. Thank you

Reviewed 30 September 2013

This is a very unique hotel that caters to long term guests. By this I mean they do a lot of extra things you don't get in other hotels that make it feel more like home. Such as, breakfast and dinner everyday, really nice outdoor grills for you to use, and (best of all) free micro-brew beer most nights. The great beer is served up in a comfortable room with 3 large big screens for watching all the sports. The food and beverage manager, Albert Silva, not only makes sure we never run out of high quality beer, food and entertainment but is also a very personable guy that just made us all feel welcome. Every staff member I dealt with was top notch and went above and beyond to take care of everything we needed. I will be back next month!

I only gave them 4 stars because the room was noisy. I could hear folks in the next rooms. But, that is not enough not to make this place my favorite in San Diego.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business

Hello and thank you so much for this great review. I’m very fortunate to have such a great staff that goes the extra mile to makes sure that our guests stay here is so enjoyable. I will look forward to telling Albert and my staff again what a great job they are doing. Thank you again for the kind words and we are looking forward to your next visit at your favorite hotel in San Diego.

Reviewed 25 September 2013

I continue to travel to San Diego month after month. I could not find a better place to stay. The staff here at the Residence Inn continues to prove their ability to take care of their guests. I could sit here and list many people who continue to make my stays very enjoyable but will only list a couple. Albert in the lounge, Danielle and Beverley continuously make me feel like I am part of the family here. A very comforting feeling when you stay at a hotel as long as I do. I usually stay 23 days and when I leave am always looking forward to the next stay. Continue to keep up the reat work. Will see you again in the near future.

Room Tip: 5th floor is the quietest
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
RIMVGM, General Manager at Residence Inn San Diego Mission Valley, responded to this reviewResponded 1 October 2013

Hello and thank you so much for the kind words and great review. My staff and I work so hard on trying to make every guest feel at home and especially our long time stay guest. You are part of our Marriott family and we are so glad to have you with us. I can’t wait to pass this comment to my staff at our next meeting. Thank you for the being a long time loyal Guest/Family member and taking the time to send us your review. Look forward to seeing you soon.

Reviewed 24 September 2013

Stayed here for two nights as we were attending a graduation at the MCRD. From check in to check out I loved every minute at this hotel! The location was perfect and a short drive to many of San Diego's attractions. The breakfast buffet was excellent and a great way to start the day. I have absolutely no complaints and plan on staying here again next time in SD!

• Stayed: September 2013

Hello and Thank you for the great review. We are so glad your stay with us was such a great experience. We love our location here in the center of San Diego also. You can’t beat being 15 to 20 min for most locations. I’m also looking forward in passing your wonderful response to my staff this week. This is what keeps our staff excited to do even a better job. We hope to see you and your family the next time you stay in San Diego.

Reviewed 23 September 2013

This is a challenging review, as the people working for this hotel are INCREDIBLE - very helpful, courteous, and really work to make things happen (like balloons and cake in the suite before we return). The design of this property is one of the oddest of any Residence Inn I've ever stayed at. It is four separate buildings around a central pool. You cannot get from one to the other without going outside - either out to the parking lot or through the pool area. Some doors and stairways lead to the 1st floor, others to the 2nd floor- and the same goes for the elevators in each building. Laundry room was a haul through the pool area OR a long walk around three buildings via the parking lot and then into one of the stairways and then if you get it wrong- over to another elevator to finally get to the first floor. The parking space are SO SMALL, that any mini-van or full size car cannot park easily in any of these spots. AND, its another $13 a day to park here (which is nowhere near downtown, so its an unnecessary fee on top of $250/night rooms). The carpet outside our 2-BR, 3 bed suite smelled like a tire fire. The rooms lack adequate and appropriate lighting in many spots. Either way too bright over there, or a real dark zone over here. The light switches are beyond odd in that they are not near where you'd expect a switch to be and sometimes it turns on a light that also has a switch on it way far away. The bathrooms are very small and the sink area outside the bathroom is also underwhelming for a Residence Inn. The kitchen lacks a fan, so any other room doing cooking will be in your room, as the vents are in the bathrooms and suck all the air from the hallways into the bathroom. The walls are thin. I lay in bed and heard snoring on three sides of me. We heard our downstairs neighbors conversations in the loving room as well as their TVs. For a non-smoking hotel there was a lot of pot smoke coming in (all that glaucoma going around these days). The food was mediocre-especially for a Residence Inn. It was only OK. The wine at the evening social was undrinkable, but it was fermented grape. YET, the people are wonderful and very nice to guests and each other and everyone is genuinely happy to be there and it shows. THAT says a lot. It's a mixed bag.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family

Hello and thank you for taking the time to write a review after your stay here at the Residence Inn Mission Valley. My Staff and I take much pride in making your stay here as pleasant and enjoyable as possible. I must agree that my staff is doing a great job, and I’m looking forward to sharing your nice comments with them at our next meeting. I will be also following up with your issues with my maintenance crew and see what we can do to make our guest stay even better next time. I thank you again for your informative comments and I hope you give us another try in the future.

Reviewed 20 September 2013

This hotel has a few minor issues, but they are small. The hallways are extremely outdated to the point that they are depressing. Housekeeping does not service the rooms of the people staying another night until late in the afternoon which didn't work with our schedule. We ended up getting service once during our five night stay, despite spending most of our time away from the hotel. The breakfast is decent, but crowded. There was usually a line, and we stayed during off-peak. The pool area is neither nice or awful; however, it's not a place you would make your lady feel special.
The rooms and beds were comfortable. The bathroom was clean. We lost power during our stay for about an hour despite the lack of any inclement weather. The surround area is not the high end district by a long shot either.
The staff was friendly, and the service was fantastic. I was going to rate this place a 3, but altered it to a four when I reflected on the service. Nice place for a large family.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
RIMVGM, Manager at Residence Inn San Diego Mission Valley, responded to this reviewResponded 7 October 2013

Hello and thank you for your insight on our hotel. We do have a great location for all the tourist spots. We are only 10 to 20 min away from most locations. I’m glad you enjoy your over all experience with us. I always like to see how we can make changes or to improve the overall experience of our guests. I will meet with my staff and talk about the things we as a team need to approve on and tell them the great things they have accomplished. Come stay with us again and we want you to see the improvements and quality service we work so hard for. We hope to see you soon.

Reviewed 20 September 2013

Stayed 2 nights 9/6 & 9/7 recently. Nice staff. Room was small but good enough for one person. There was hair on the bathroom floor though!

Sufficient A/C but it was loud. TV channel selection was limited. Breakfast was good with a good variety of food. Will stay again.

• Stayed: September 2013
RIMVGM, General Manager at Residence Inn San Diego Mission Valley, responded to this reviewResponded 23 September 2013

Hello and thank you for taking the time to write a review after your recent stay here at the Residence Inn Mission Valley. My sincerest apologies for the hair found on your floor! I will inform my housekeeping staff, and do my utmost to ensure that it does not happen again. I am happy that your experience withus was otherwise pleasant, and we do hope you join us again in the future.