“Great Stay!”

Ranked #128 of 278 Hotels in San Diego
SD
“Great Stay!”
Reviewed 7 October 2013

I have thoroughly enjoyed my stay at this hotel. Having to travel and stay in hotels throughout the year can get exhausting but my time here in San Diego has been very comfortable and enjoyable. I have been here 2 weeks now and feel right at home with the gym, pool, and game room. The hospitality is great and the bartender, Albert, is amazing during happy hour. Albert is very social and truly enjoys making all of us feel welcome. I will defiantly be back and will always hit up happy hour to watch football and grab a drink from Albert.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
RIMVGM, General Manager at Residence Inn San Diego Mission Valley, responded to this review, 10 October 2013
I would like to say thank you for that review. What you stated is our goal for all our guests. We know especially for business travelers that most hotel stays can be routine. We want to refresh your view on what a hotel can bring you and always make you feel at home here. We will be looking forward to your next visit and I know Albert will have a nice cold beverage waiting for you.

Todd Capizzo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (158)
  • Korean first
Reviewed 3 October 2013

Everyone at this hotel bent over backwards for their customers. Especially helpful were Laurel Ingle who arranged our accommodations and helped in many other ways. Also notable was Albert the bar tender who was a master for the social hour. We commend him for his memory on each customer's drink preference.
The evening meals for social hour as well as breakfasts were plentiful and very tasty

Ron and Ursula

• Stayed September 2013
RIMVGM, General Manager at Residence Inn San Diego Mission Valley, responded to this review, 7 October 2013
As the General Manager of the Residence Inn Mission Valley, let me thank you for your business, and gracious complements. I’m so glad that your time here was excellence with great memories. I will tell my team at our next meeting on what a great job they are providing to our guest. We thank you for all the great informative comments and hope to see you back soon.

New York City, New York
Reviewed 1 October 2013

Stayed here for 2 days visiting friends and family, Short drive to Balboa Park/Zoo. Also not far from the airport. Room was clean and bed was comfortable. Overall property is well maintained. Breakfast at this Hotel has a good selection of items. Staff was courteous and professional. Only negative.If you get a 5th floor room, the elevator servicing that floor is a bit out of the way..so stay on the lower floors.Would certainly stay here again on any return to San Diego.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank hapd2267
I’m so happy you enjoyed your stay with us. We get a lot of great complements on our location here at the Residence Inn Mission Valley. I enjoyed hearing your feed back, as you were able to see why we are the preferred hotel in our area. We hope all is well and look forward to your next visit.

Delhi
Reviewed 30 September 2013

Stayed for Two nights with Family. Location was good, close to Seaworld and Zoo. Breakfast does not caters for Vegetarians. Sufficient parking space Service requires improvement. I will not stay there next time inspite of good location

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank sorabh
Hello and thank you for taking the time to write a review after your recent stay here at the Residence Inn Mission Valley. I will discuss your comments with my staff to see what we can do to improve our guests experience here. We hope you will give us another opportunity to stay with us and see what new changes we are making today. Thank you

Charleston
Reviewed 30 September 2013

This is a very unique hotel that caters to long term guests. By this I mean they do a lot of extra things you don't get in other hotels that make it feel more like home. Such as, breakfast and dinner everyday, really nice outdoor grills for you to use, and (best of all) free micro-brew beer most nights. The great beer is served up in a comfortable room with 3 large big screens for watching all the sports. The food and beverage manager, Albert Silva, not only makes sure we never run out of high quality beer, food and entertainment but is also a very personable guy that just made us all feel welcome. Every staff member I dealt with was top notch and went above and beyond to take care of everything we needed. I will be back next month!

I only gave them 4 stars because the room was noisy. I could hear folks in the next rooms. But, that is not enough not to make this place my favorite in San Diego.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
Hello and thank you so much for this great review. I’m very fortunate to have such a great staff that goes the extra mile to makes sure that our guests stay here is so enjoyable. I will look forward to telling Albert and my staff again what a great job they are doing. Thank you again for the kind words and we are looking forward to your next visit at your favorite hotel in San Diego.

Gautier, Mississippi
Reviewed 25 September 2013

I continue to travel to San Diego month after month. I could not find a better place to stay. The staff here at the Residence Inn continues to prove their ability to take care of their guests. I could sit here and list many people who continue to make my stays very enjoyable but will only list a couple. Albert in the lounge, Danielle and Beverley continuously make me feel like I am part of the family here. A very comforting feeling when you stay at a hotel as long as I do. I usually stay 23 days and when I leave am always looking forward to the next stay. Continue to keep up the reat work. Will see you again in the near future.

Room Tip: 5th floor is the quietest
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
RIMVGM, General Manager at Residence Inn San Diego Mission Valley, responded to this review, 1 October 2013
Hello and thank you so much for the kind words and great review. My staff and I work so hard on trying to make every guest feel at home and especially our long time stay guest. You are part of our Marriott family and we are so glad to have you with us. I can’t wait to pass this comment to my staff at our next meeting. Thank you for the being a long time loyal Guest/Family member and taking the time to send us your review. Look forward to seeing you soon.

Reviewed 24 September 2013

Stayed here for two nights as we were attending a graduation at the MCRD. From check in to check out I loved every minute at this hotel! The location was perfect and a short drive to many of San Diego's attractions. The breakfast buffet was excellent and a great way to start the day. I have absolutely no complaints and plan on staying here again next time in SD!

• Stayed September 2013
Hello and Thank you for the great review. We are so glad your stay with us was such a great experience. We love our location here in the center of San Diego also. You can’t beat being 15 to 20 min for most locations. I’m also looking forward in passing your wonderful response to my staff this week. This is what keeps our staff excited to do even a better job. We hope to see you and your family the next time you stay in San Diego.