Residence Inn San Diego Mission Valley
  • Breakfast included
US$399
Marriott Hotels
  • Restaurant
Hilton San Diego Bayfront(San Diego)(Great Value!)
US$435
Hilton.com
US$236
  • Restaurant
Hyatt Regency La Jolla at Aventine(La Jolla)(Great Value!)
US$214
US$209
  • Pool
Estancia La Jolla Hotel & Spa(La Jolla)(Great Value!)
US$220
US$333
US$224
US$210
US$190
  • Room Service
The Westin San Diego(San Diego)(Great Value!)
US$217
US$165
Travelocity
  • Pool
Hotel Indigo San Diego Gaslamp Quarter(San Diego)(Great Value!)
US$220
US$213
Agoda.com
  • Restaurant
All reviewshotel circlesea worldmission valleyold towntwo bedroom suitefree beer and winefull kitchenfront desk staffparking feeliving areafamily vacationfashion valleythe breakfast areayogurtshort driveheated poolbalboa park
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 26 December 2013

Due to a prior visit a couple years ago and a great deal on a 2-room family suite (1 King, Bunk beds, 1 bath), we chose to stay at Residence Inn Mission Valley. I love staying on Hotel Circle as it is convenient to the freeway, Fashion Valley and Westfield Mission Valley malls, Sea World, etc. Residence Inn is the best hotel. The staff (front office, housekeeping, dining) was super friendly and helpful. From check-in, Bryan, evening Front Office Manager, made us feel like we were being welcomed home, not just like another hotel guest. He accommodated all of our requests and helped with directions during our 2-night stay - all with a smile and words to make us smile or laugh, always addressing me by name. The free full breakfast and evening reception were delicious; breakfast was worth getting up for. The kids loved watching holiday movies in the kids corner. The holiday decorations, especially the kid-made gingerbread houses, were a nice touch. The room was spacious for the 5 of us, though the king bed is tight in one room. Kids loved the bunk beds and 3 TVs in the room. Would have liked firmer pillows and a much quieter heater (can disturb light sleepers) in the king room. My son left his hat in gatehouse after breakfast; the hotel already had it at the front desk when we went down to find it and the General Manager was so friendly in returning it to him. Overall, great hotel, great staff, great last minute holiday trip. We'll be back!

Room Tip: Poolside rooms are quieter - northeast corner of hotel is noisier (higher car traffic due to hotel driveway and parking gate entrance)
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
RIMVGM, General Manager at Residence Inn San Diego Mission Valley, responded to this reviewResponded 3 January 2014

Happy New Years..
I awesome reading reviews like this. It really makes me feel good to know my staff is working so hard to make our guests feel right at home here. I will make sure Brian will receive a copy of this review at our next meeting. Thank you so much for taking the time to write us this great review. Hope to see your family at your next last minute Get-Away.\

Reviewed 23 December 2013

This hotel is so clean and the staff are very professional kind and make you feel like you've known them for years. We stayed in the children suite. Are kids loved the bunk beds. The complementary breakfast was 5 star. Special thanks to the GM Todd Capizzo for helping make our stay extra special, He is truly a 5 star GM

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family

Happy New Year...I love to hear when the kids are having a blast here. I’m so happy I could help make your stay here more enjoyable. Don’t be a stranger. We would love to see your family back again. Thank you for taking the time to write us such a great review.

Reviewed 10 December 2013

Stayed a total of 10 nights on business. My family was arriving a few days later, so I ordered a crib for our infant. Called to verify that they would have a crib. When we arrived, we were told it's a "pack and play"... much different than a crib. They admitted they made a mistake and ordered a full size crib for us at their expense. We were on the 4th floor S-F of week 1 and someone checked in on Weds and it was like living under a herd of elephants. We told the front desk that we'd like to move the the 5th floor for our 2nd stay, and they graciously blocked the room and brought the crib up to it so everything was ready when we checked back in. Special thanks to Beverly, Dan and the entire front desk staff.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the 5th floor, away from the elevators and not facing the pool.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
RIMVGM, General Manager at Residence Inn San Diego Mission Valley, responded to this reviewResponded 23 December 2013

As the GM here, I’m so glad to here that my staff did everything to make your stay here wonderful. I’m sorry for our mix up with the crib and I’m very happy that we could get the situation straighten out as soon as possible. I will be showing my staff your great comments at our next meeting. Thank you for taking the time to write us a great review and we will be looking forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 7 December 2013

We had the best experience at this Residence Inn in Mission Valley during Thanksgiving. The location is very conveniently located close to freeways. I found it on the Internet and was surprised at how nicely remodeled it was and how spacious. What a comfortable unit we stayed in. The one-bedroom suite we had was like a full one bedroom apt. with a full kitchen. They call it a kitchenette b/c it only has a stove and no oven, but it had a regular refrigerator and a huge built in microwave. The bedroom with two queens was spacious with extremely comfortable beds; and the living room had lots of seating area and nice comfortable furniture to relax on -- as well as a nice flat screen TV. We really enjoyed our holiday dinner in our unit. Oh, the breakfast the next day was great and is included in the room. One last thing -- the staff was so accomodating and helpful. They let us borrow two chairs for our dinner. Brittany at the front desk was so helpful. When we arrived, she worked to find us a unit that was clean in a quieter location. When we had a problem, the maintenance man was there in 5 minutes. This place has not only great rooms but excellent service. We're coming back next time we go to San Diego.

Room Tip: The rooms in the back are quieter and larger. We first saw one in the front and it was smaller. Also, you can park in the back and go in the back door instead of walking all the way through the pool area -- very easy to get to the units in the back when you park in back.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
RIMVGM, General Manager at Residence Inn San Diego Mission Valley, responded to this reviewResponded 9 December 2013

This is another great review from another great guest. I’m excited to have more great reviews to show my staff this week. We will keep improving your experience and can’t wait to see you next time.

Reviewed 6 December 2013

I was extremely pleased with this hotel. The location was extremely convenient for business and tourist attractions. The freeways were easily accessible as well. The room was very nice and quite large. It was very comfortable for stays of several days. The staff was very professional and courteous. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business

Thank you for this great review. I’m so glad you were pleased with your stay here. We as a hotel strive for reviews like this. Thanks you again and we will look forward to your next visit.