“Wouldn't hesitate to go back again.”

Residence Inn San Diego Mission Valley
Ranked #129 of 278 Hotels in San Diego
New Jersey
“Wouldn't hesitate to go back again.”
Reviewed 3 January 2014

I coordinated a trip for 40 High School age swimmers and coaches. Our contact at the hotel, Rebecca, and her staff were awesome. When we arrived, we were warmly greeted by the staff and they had all our 15 rooms and room keys ready. Our swimmers can eat and the buffet breakfast proved more than ample. A couple times when we got back late from morning swim practice, the hotel made the breakfast available to us after their "closing' time. We did take advantage of the free dinner and used the outdoor pool barbecue also. I was a bit "under the weather" and got an email today from the hotel asking how I was feeling. Talk about customer service!! Also, the rooms were very spacious and clean. I would not hesitate to go back again.

Room Tip: every room seemed great to us. There main road was far enough away that you did not hear traffic...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
RIMVGM, General Manager at Residence Inn San Diego Mission Valley, responded to this review, 5 January 2014
I would like to start off by saying Happy New Years to you, your staff and all your kids. I’m glad you’re feeling better. We love having you all here. You have a great group of kids. I’m glad we could make your stay great and look forward to your next visit.

Todd Capizzo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (158)
  • Korean first
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 2 January 2014

This hotel is a model of how great hotels should be! The check in staff was friendly and helpful. The room was great - clean with plenty of space, lighting, hangers, outlets, etc. The breakfast is amazing, as well as the evening hospitality. The pool was fun for the whole family.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Happy New Years! We work so hard to do the very best for our guests. For you to tell me that we should be a model of how great hotels should be! Well, you couldn’t give us a better complement. From my staff and me, Thank You! We hope to see you and your family on your next trip here.

Cheers!!

Logan, Utah
Reviewed 1 January 2014

Our stay was extremely pleasant! We were signed in & greeted by Amanda the first night. She was so friendly, helpful, & full of great area advice. The few other staff members we worked with at different times were also very friendly and willing to help with anything. The dinners & breakfasts were awesome! Our room was clean & very functional. The location was convenient to everything we wanted to do; beaches, SeaWorld, the zoo, the Safari, & Qualcomm Stadium.We would definitely stay here again & would absolutely recommend this hotel to anyone! Thank you!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Happy New Year! Thanks for this great review. I know Amanda will be so pleased to hear your wonderful review. My staff loves it when they make a guests stay more enjoyable. That’s what we strive for. We hope to see you and your family next time your in San Diego.

Bountiful, Utah
Reviewed 30 December 2013

Wonderful staff, awesome service. I have never stayed at a hotel that offered full breakfast and happy hour with dinner. On top of that, free beer and wine. I have been very impressed with the housekeeping and the cleanliness not only in my room but throughout the building. I will definitely stay at this hotel again. Thanks, Nick

Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
RIMVGM, General Manager at Residence Inn San Diego Mission Valley, responded to this review, 3 January 2014
Happy New Year Nick! I will pass this along to my staff. I’m sure they are going to be ecstatic to hear another great guest and another great stay. We can’t wait to see you and your family again to see if we exceed your expectations once more. See you soon.

Wellington, New Zealand
Reviewed 28 December 2013

We stayed for 5 nights in October as part of our recent trip to the US and we were very pleased with our choice. All the staff we encountered were extremely helpful and friendly. We also felt the hotel was very warm (not just the temperature) and I think having the complimentary breakfast and light dinner helped create this environment. Coming from little New Zealand we were looking for a place that made us feel welcome and The Residence Inn certainly did this. The complimentary food was well balanced and the only issue was the queue for the pancakes - but worth the wait! Some feedback - the design of the rooms was okay but could not understand the size of the kitchens given the complimentary food so may be a kitchenette would be better and this may allow for more room elsewhere especially for families with a lot of luggage and no car. The other feedback was around the transport. We did not have a car so walked to Fashion Valley and the Trolley's which was ok. However, it would be fair to say the quality of the taxi services / transport provided was fair. It might be a good idea to tender out the work, if you can not provide a Hotel vehicle, to ensure you have consistently a very good level of service. While not a direct reflection on the hotel the taxi company was recommended by the hotel. I guess most people bring their own cars but it might be worth investigating for those visitors who do not have a car. Based on the experiences I think it would have been better to use the bus and trolley system for our trips to Sea World and the Zoo even though it was a good walk to the trolley station and it would have taken longer to get there. However, definitely a place we would stay again.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Happy New Years...

Were so glad you had a great stay here in San Diego. I love bringing reviews like this to the company meetings to show my staff the great work they are doing. I always like input on how to make the hotel a better place. We as a staff will keep working harder to make your next stay even better. Thank you for this review and we hope to see you soon.

Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 26 December 2013

Due to a prior visit a couple years ago and a great deal on a 2-room family suite (1 King, Bunk beds, 1 bath), we chose to stay at Residence Inn Mission Valley. I love staying on Hotel Circle as it is convenient to the freeway, Fashion Valley and Westfield Mission Valley malls, Sea World, etc. Residence Inn is the best hotel. The staff (front office, housekeeping, dining) was super friendly and helpful. From check-in, Bryan, evening Front Office Manager, made us feel like we were being welcomed home, not just like another hotel guest. He accommodated all of our requests and helped with directions during our 2-night stay - all with a smile and words to make us smile or laugh, always addressing me by name. The free full breakfast and evening reception were delicious; breakfast was worth getting up for. The kids loved watching holiday movies in the kids corner. The holiday decorations, especially the kid-made gingerbread houses, were a nice touch. The room was spacious for the 5 of us, though the king bed is tight in one room. Kids loved the bunk beds and 3 TVs in the room. Would have liked firmer pillows and a much quieter heater (can disturb light sleepers) in the king room. My son left his hat in gatehouse after breakfast; the hotel already had it at the front desk when we went down to find it and the General Manager was so friendly in returning it to him. Overall, great hotel, great staff, great last minute holiday trip. We'll be back!

Room Tip: Poolside rooms are quieter - northeast corner of hotel is noisier (higher car traffic due to hotel d...
Happy New Years..
I awesome reading reviews like this. It really makes me feel good to know my staff is working so hard to make our guests feel right at home here. I will make sure Brian will receive a copy of this review at our next meeting. Thank you so much for taking the time to write us this great review. Hope to see your family at your next last minute Get-Away.\

El Cajon
Reviewed 23 December 2013

This hotel is so clean and the staff are very professional kind and make you feel like you've known them for years. We stayed in the children suite. Are kids loved the bunk beds. The complementary breakfast was 5 star. Special thanks to the GM Todd Capizzo for helping make our stay extra special, He is truly a 5 star GM

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Happy New Year...I love to hear when the kids are having a blast here. I’m so happy I could help make your stay here more enjoyable. Don’t be a stranger. We would love to see your family back again. Thank you for taking the time to write us such a great review.