“Friendliest staff ever!”

Ranked #129 of 278 Hotels in San Diego
Charleston, South Carolina
“Friendliest staff ever!”
Reviewed 12 January 2014

I travel a lot for my job and value the friendly staff at the Residence Inn Mission Valley. Albert, who helps in the lounge has undoubtedly helped with all of my dining and entertainment decisions. He is a huge asset to the RIMV staff!!!!!! Best San Diego football parties ever, way to go Albert.

• Stayed January 2014
RIMVGM, General Manager at Residence Inn San Diego Mission Valley, responded to this review, 14 January 2014
We as a staff are very happy we can make your stay here so enjoyable. Especially when we know you have to travel so much. Albert will be excited to hear that he could help you enjoy San Diego like a local. And yes we know he takes his football seriously. I love having him as a part of our team. Thank You for this great review and we can’t wait to see you on your next trip here.

Todd Capizzo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (158)
  • Korean first
Barrie, Canada
Reviewed 11 January 2014

Stayed here for two night with my family of three kids. The rooms were large and spacious. I have no complains about this place. The breakfast was great, the evening reception was plentiful as well. Clean rooms, comfortable bedding, and friendly staff. My toddler was jet lagged (we are three hours ahead) so she was awake at 3am (yey me). we had snacks and milk for her but by 5:30am she wanted out. The staff were really nice and let us have breakfast early with my kids. It was very much appreciated, thank you again. The hotel is at a convenient location and the front desk staffs restaurant recommendations were good. The water temp in the pool was warm and comfortable for Dec. Would most likely return here if we were to visit again.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
I’m so happy my staff was able to help your family with your adjustment coming from the east coast. Reviews like yours, show me that my staff is going the extra mile to make sure that your stay is nothing but the best. As the general manager I couldn’t ask for more. Thank you for this great review and we hope to see your family next time your here in San Diego.

Glastonbury, Connecticut
Reviewed 11 January 2014

We vacationed in San Diego over the holidays and the Residence Inn in Mission Valley provided us with fantastic amenities for our entire stay making my family feel right at home! Meals were exceptional and always full of selections that all of us could enjoy, including my picky 2-year old. All employees provided us with prompt service and hospitality that we can always expect at a Marriott establishment and all of our questions about the area were answered with a multitude of options for us to plan one of the best vacations we ever had! The kids wade pool and hottub were perfect for the end of our days and we slept like babies in the consistently clean beds that were more comfortable than our own at home. We didn't want to leave!!! Cudos to all the staff at this Residence Inn and we will definitely return again!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
I’m so happy you had the best vacation here in San Diego. My staff thrives on hearing and seeing what a great time our guests are having. This will put a big smile on there faces when I bring this review to our next meeting. Thank you for taking the time to give us such a great review. We can’t wait to see you and your family on your next vacation here.

Sao Paulo, SP
Reviewed 10 January 2014

We arrived at the Residence Inn late afternoon after a long drive from Las Vegas. All my family wanted was a shower and a good place to sleep. When we got into the room, we unpacked and when my 2 and half year old boy was playing in his bed, I saw at least three drops of blood in the pillow case. I was horrified. When we looked further, the bed was completely dirt with pieces of food and gum over the bed. Besides that it seemed that the bunk bed was not cleaned at all for days.

I was really angry and maybe I was a little bit impolite with the hotel's workers but that was the kind of mistake that couldn't have happened. I am a Marriott gold member and I never saw this before in my life. Simply discusting...

Room Tip: Remember to check if your 2 bedroom room has a bunk bed. Sometimes that can be a problem.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank LostBrazilians
First and foremost I apologize for your experiences during your stay. We strive to make all of our guests have an excellent and problem free trip here at our hotel. After reviewing the incident in depth with our Management TEAM and our entire Housekeeping staff, it is understood that any stained linen should immediately be reported to the Hotels Management and discarded in accordance with the hotels policies. We were very clear with them that there are no exceptions to this policy.

I am happy to assist you with anything further you might require regarding these matters. Please feel free to call the property to discuss if you feel so inclined. Have a nice weekend, and we hope to see you again so that we might can to change your mind about the cleanliness of our hotel.
West Bountiful, Utah
Reviewed 6 January 2014

I can't say enough good about the Residence Inn. They offer a free full breakfast every day which was fabulous. They offer free dinners Mon through Thurs. These were also very good. Service was incredible. They are located very centrally so you are close to all the attractions. Definatly will stay there again.

Room Tip: We stayed on the first floor right by the pool. It was great for the family.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Well, I can’t say enough about how much I appreciate you as a guest to take the time to write such a great review about us. Thank You! We love it that we made your stay here perfect. We can’t wait to see you the next time your in town.

New Jersey
Reviewed 3 January 2014

I coordinated a trip for 40 High School age swimmers and coaches. Our contact at the hotel, Rebecca, and her staff were awesome. When we arrived, we were warmly greeted by the staff and they had all our 15 rooms and room keys ready. Our swimmers can eat and the buffet breakfast proved more than ample. A couple times when we got back late from morning swim practice, the hotel made the breakfast available to us after their "closing' time. We did take advantage of the free dinner and used the outdoor pool barbecue also. I was a bit "under the weather" and got an email today from the hotel asking how I was feeling. Talk about customer service!! Also, the rooms were very spacious and clean. I would not hesitate to go back again.

Room Tip: every room seemed great to us. There main road was far enough away that you did not hear traffic...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
RIMVGM, General Manager at Residence Inn San Diego Mission Valley, responded to this review, 5 January 2014
I would like to start off by saying Happy New Years to you, your staff and all your kids. I’m glad you’re feeling better. We love having you all here. You have a great group of kids. I’m glad we could make your stay great and look forward to your next visit.

Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 2 January 2014

This hotel is a model of how great hotels should be! The check in staff was friendly and helpful. The room was great - clean with plenty of space, lighting, hangers, outlets, etc. The breakfast is amazing, as well as the evening hospitality. The pool was fun for the whole family.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Happy New Years! We work so hard to do the very best for our guests. For you to tell me that we should be a model of how great hotels should be! Well, you couldn’t give us a better complement. From my staff and me, Thank You! We hope to see you and your family on your next trip here.

Cheers!!