“AG1001646”

Residence Inn San Diego Mission Valley
Ranked #135 of 278 Hotels in San Diego
Reviewed 12 June 2014

This was the best hotel I have ever stayed at and the free breakfast was awesome the rooms were clean and beautiful and the pool and spa is always clean I would go back next time and you should go to.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
RIMVGM, General Manager at Residence Inn San Diego Mission Valley, responded to this reviewResponded 3 July 2014

Thank you for writing us such a great review. Thanks for pointing out some of the great things we provide for our guests. We can’t wait to have you back. See you soon.

Reviewed 2 June 2014

I love this hotel chain and am a rewards member but don't believe I will ever, ever return based off this experience. We tried checking in on a Saturday afternoon to spend Mothers Day in San Diego. At any other location I pay cash for the room and they pre-authorize my card for around 50 dollars for incidentals. Well at this location they want to authorize your card for 300 dollars on top of paying cash for the room!!! After arguing with the rudest female manager ever. She told me that if I pay with my card I wont have to worry about the 300 dollar authorization. So I had to drive around for an hour to go to the bank put money in my account and return. Sorry some of us do not put $500.00 to the side for a one night stay in a hotel...So upon return to the hotel she again tries running my card for 300 dollars after telling me it wasn't necessary if I used my card.. REALLY! So this went back and forth for another 30 minutes.. Finally she "hooks me up" by running it for 200 still 60 more then the room and waived the parking charge for the inconvenience...Really WOW thanks for the 13 dollars after 2 hours of arguing!! I thought the customer is always right. She could care less about my business. To top it off, that night I go outside and there are RATS!! running up and down the hand rails to the stairs in the back.. ARE YOU KIDDING ME!!! Another guest saw them and laughed saying he couldn't believe it either. Upon check out I make them aware of the rude manager and they apologized and offered me some of the coffee we really liked at the hotel. I appreciate the gesture but really... you think giving me coffee is going to make up for the worst hotel experience of my life? Thanks for ruining our Mothers Day weekend Residence Inn!! I will never return to this hotel!!

1  Thank Matt_Prohaska
RIMVGM, General Manager at Residence Inn San Diego Mission Valley, responded to this reviewResponded 3 June 2014

Dear Mr. Prohaska,

My sincerest apologies for the inconvenience we caused you during your check in. We have strict policies and procedures when it comes to methods of payment. As for the rude service you received I would love to speak with you personally so I can get more details about the situation that occurred so I can be sure my staff is properly educated on how to handle that matter in the future. With regards to your statement about the Rats, we take our pest control very serious. I have informed our 3rd party vendor (ECOLAB) of your comments and they have taken the appropriate actions to address any pest control issues there may be coming from the mountainside in the back of the property.

I look forward to hearing from you personally,

(619)881-3615

Reviewed 29 May 2014

the staff couldn't have been friendlier and more accommodating. we did have a problem with a leak in our room and were immediately moved to new rooms. stop listening to luckyEvery morning it was a joy to go to breakfast and only because the food was good but to see so many families with children. It was never noisy and it was a separate area with children's tables as well as available highchairs. My grandchildren really enjoyed the swimming pool after busy days of sightseeing. the grounds are very well And there were flowers and new plantings - pretty good for an urban hotel. The location is terrific with easy access to US 5, 8 and you are within 5 miles of the airport, Sea world, zoo.

2  Thank CG4746446

It was a joy to have you and your family stays with us. Thank you for the kind words. We appreciate it when our guest gets to tells us how much of a great time they have had with us.
I could tell the time you got to spend with your grandchildren was very special to you and I am glad we were able to be a part of that. I will be sure to start off the day by sharing your kind words with my entire staff in our next meeting. We can’t wait to see you and the family again.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

We stayed here for a week in May. The staff are great and very accomodating. The kids loved the pool and we loved the firepit.
The breakfast buffet added great value. They also have light dinner and free drinks on weekday evenings which was a money saving feature.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family

It makes me happy that our hotel was a great place for you and the family to enjoy. Thank you for telling everybody some of our great amenities we provide for our guest. I love to hear that the kids had such a great time and we hope you can stay with us again the next time you’re here in San Diego.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

This hotel was such a convenient spot to explore the area in and around San Diego. Very easy to get to off the interstates.
Very well maintained property. Rooms were spotless as were the common areas including the breakfast area, lobby, pool and patio.
Staff was super friendly and welcoming. Very helpful with directions, suggestions, etc.

I would stay here again without question. We stayed 8 nights. Breakfast was good and extensive.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the pool - much better than the parking lot views.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

My Staff and I would like to thank you for such a great review. It’s nice to know that our guests will take the time out of there busy day to help our new guest to see what our location and hotel provide them when they stay here. It really means a lot to us. We hope you can stay with us again the next time your in San Diego.

Reviewed 26 May 2014

Stayed for 6 nights in a 1 bedroom with 2 Queens. While the location certainly is not scenic it was quick to most everything we wanted to see. Shopping mall & several restaurants nearby (driving). The room was clean, staff were all friendly & room cleaned each day in a timely manner. Pool is good size and the pool area is nice. BBQ's outside for guest use. Exercise room looked nice but didn't use it. We all slept fine & didn't have any issues with noise (we were on the 4th floor not near stairs or elevator).

Breakfast is fairly extensive and was a great start to every morning. The evening meal is served Mon to Thurs with Salads and a main course being served from 6-7:30. Drinks if you want. My only comment (which I did visit with Staff about) is that the Hot food was not Hot. It was luke-warm at best for both breakfast & evening for any of the hot items. After a few days of that (yes I get the food is free) I stuck to make your own waffles & cold items. Otherwise the food all would have been fine and is a nice option for guests.

This hotel is a good value and overall we liked it very much. Would stay again.

1  Thank sd2travel

Thank you for taking time out of your day to write us such a great review. I’m glad you enjoyed your stay with us. I also appreciate your comments for improvement. We are always trying to find new way to make our guests experience a better one. Look forward to seeing you again the next time your in town.

Reviewed 26 May 2014

We stayed out in the residence inn from its excellent rating and guest reviews. All hotel staff were very professional and made our stay an unforgettable experience. It was friendly, clean and relaxing.

Thank you so much to all the staff at the hotel for making my first visit to San Diego so wonderful. It was exactly what we were looking for. Would we recommend the residence inn hotel? YES!!

• Stayed: May 2014

I love to hear that you had a great time here at the Residence Inn. I will be showing my staff this review to our next meeting. The best part is that I get to thank all of my staff for such a great job they did. I’m so happy you had a great time with us. We can’t wait to see you the next time your in San Diego.