Stayed for a total of 4 nights so got to know the property and surrounding area pretty well.
- Convenient location: Fashion Valley Shopping Center, Target, Macy's all within 5-10 minute drive. Sea World and Old Town a bit farther but still relatively close by
- Free breakfast and dinner (M-Th): Dinners were somewhat inconsistent depending on what they served. Breakfast was delish with outstanding selection of hot and cold items plus juices, teas, and coffee.
- Good amenities including exercise room (small but good variety of equipment), basketball court, laundry room, in and out parking, arcade (albeit with ancient video games).
The EXTRA good:
- Free cocktails (M-Th): I was most impressed with this as they had a GOOD beer and wine selection. In addition to standard bottled beers, they also had at least 5 locally brewed beers on tap which were tasty good. All served in a separate bar area with TVs to watch the games.
- Attentive staff: We had an issue with the tub draining properly and the staff worked quickly and diligently at fixing the problem. Due to the inconvenience, they offered a room discount which I thought was fair. Kudos to Antonio and the maintenance staff!
Not so good:
- Walls and flooring are pretty thin as we could hear a lot of noise from adjoining rooms (and I'm sure they could hear us).
- Half of the rooms face the pool so it can get pretty noisy especially during the summer with a lot of kids. Pool closes at 9 or 10 pm so noise can continue until pretty late.
- No luggage racks so you either have to unpack all of your stuff into the dressers or put your suitcases on the floor.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Residence Inn by Marriott® San Diego Mission Valley is in the center of it all! We are an upscale all suite extended stay hotel in San Diego California located only five miles from the San Diego International Airport (SAN) and just down the street from Sea World Adventure Park®. From the beaches of Torrey Pines to Belmont and Balboa Parks to the night life of the Downtown Gaslamp Quarter, The Residence Inn by Marriott® San Diego MissionValley is in the heart of all San Diego! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Marriott, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, getaroom.com, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelsClick and Cancelon so you can book your Residence Inn San Diego Mission Valley reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Residence Inn San Diego Mission Valley Hotel San Diego
- San Diego Residence Inn