Residence Inn San Diego Mission Valley
US$270
US$261
  • Pool
Hilton San Diego Resort & Spa(San Diego)(Great Value!)
US$233
  • Beachfront
Bahia Resort Hotel(San Diego)(Great Value!)
US$224
US$256
US$224
  • Pool
The Dana on Mission Bay(San Diego)(Great Value!)
US$190
  • Restaurant
Paradise Point Resort & Spa(San Diego)
US$242
US$225
  • Pool
Catamaran Resort Hotel and Spa(San Diego)(Great Value!)
US$225
  • Pool
Pacific Terrace Hotel(San Diego)
US$328
US$299
Travelocity
  • Beachfront
US$652
HardRockSD.com
  • Restaurant
All reviewshotel circlesea worldmission valleyold towntwo bedroom suitefree beer and winefull kitchenfront desk staffparking feeliving areafamily vacationfashion valleythe breakfast areayogurtshort driveheated poolbalboa park
Reviewed 30 June 2014

We came to San Diego to nurse our San Diego State University student/daughter following a tonsillectomy. We needed a property that would provide meals, a kitchen and very comfortable and quiet rooms. We got everything we needed and more. The entire staff are some of the most friendly and professional people I have ever encountered in the hospitality business. Our room was very clean, comfortable and noise free. We requested the 5th floor and was given what we requested. They hotel rate was an incredible $129 per night. We had complimentary breakfast, wine/beer happy hour and dinner, plus anything I requested for my poor daughter. I will always look for a Residence Inn versus the Hyatt or Hilton for a family vacation.

Room Tip: Request a top floor as there are quite a few families with young children.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
RIMVGM, General Manager at Residence Inn San Diego Mission Valley, responded to this reviewResponded 3 July 2014

Thank you so much for your kind words. I am glad we were able you help you have a home away from home during your time here caring for your daughter. I will be sure to share your comments with my staff. We look forward to seeing you during your next trip to San Diego.

Reviewed 29 June 2014

Although I was here on business for a week, the biggest thing I noticed is that this places looks family friendly. The pools and grilling area were full every day I was there. Plus, the breakfast is out nice and early so the families can get a jump on the day. Staff is very friendly as well...helped me out with finding places to run, because it's almost impossible here due to the location.

Rooms were clean and comfortable, but like almost every mid level hotel I'm at anymore, the walls are too thin, and it's easy to hear into other rooms (even though I was up at 5:30 am every day, it's not being fun woken up by noise at 4:30 am.)

Biggest disadvantage is location to downtown or to restaurants. Unless you are prepared to pay $20 a cab ride, there's not much here on hotel circle other than hotels. In other words, it's tough being here without a car (luckily I had one) as there's no local shuttle.

Still, if you're here with family, it's probably a good place, and better than some of the other places on hotel circle south. Otherwise, it's still not bad, but you pretty much need a car to get anywhere.

Room Tip: My tip - have a vehicle
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business

Thank You for your review. I’m sorry you found the location of the hotel to not be convenient to your needs. Please inquire with our staff during your next stay to help you find a location to eat that is within walking distance for you. Our staff is here to help point you in the right direction and we love to help our guests get to know the area and experience what it has to offer. I hope you give our property another chance in the future and I assure you that we can meet your expectations.

Reviewed 26 June 2014

Stayed for a total of 4 nights so got to know the property and surrounding area pretty well.

The good:
- Convenient location: Fashion Valley Shopping Center, Target, Macy's all within 5-10 minute drive. Sea World and Old Town a bit farther but still relatively close by
- Free breakfast and dinner (M-Th): Dinners were somewhat inconsistent depending on what they served. Breakfast was delish with outstanding selection of hot and cold items plus juices, teas, and coffee.
- Good amenities including exercise room (small but good variety of equipment), basketball court, laundry room, in and out parking, arcade (albeit with ancient video games).

The EXTRA good:
- Free cocktails (M-Th): I was most impressed with this as they had a GOOD beer and wine selection. In addition to standard bottled beers, they also had at least 5 locally brewed beers on tap which were tasty good. All served in a separate bar area with TVs to watch the games.
- Attentive staff: We had an issue with the tub draining properly and the staff worked quickly and diligently at fixing the problem. Due to the inconvenience, they offered a room discount which I thought was fair. Kudos to Antonio and the maintenance staff!

Not so good:
- Walls and flooring are pretty thin as we could hear a lot of noise from adjoining rooms (and I'm sure they could hear us).
- Half of the rooms face the pool so it can get pretty noisy especially during the summer with a lot of kids. Pool closes at 9 or 10 pm so noise can continue until pretty late.
- No luggage racks so you either have to unpack all of your stuff into the dressers or put your suitcases on the floor.

Room Tip: Quieter rooms are those not facing the pool.
1  Thank flyaway4eva

Thank you so much for your kind review. Our goal is to make everyones stay as pleasent as possiable. I am glad my staff was able to provide you with the service you expect when saying with the Marriott family of hotels. We look forward to seeing you again in the future!!!

Reviewed 19 June 2014

Pros
Rooms are specious
staff are helpful
location is good

Cons
- Parking Charges : I just don't understand why there is a parking charge to begin with - this is not a downtown location. this is not in front of zoo that you don't have to take your car. this is not a valet parking then why?

Parking spaces is extremely tight. you can not open door if other car is parked next to you.

Pool Towels - they are a joke. seriously. Never seen pool towels as small as kitchen towels and as "grey" as they had. just don't use them.

Noise- walls are very thin.

you have to ask for service your room or else it won't get serviced. this is a surprise. why wouldn't I want a towels, toilet paper and vacuum. this is a family hotel remember?

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for your review. I will discuss your comments and concerns with my staff and hope to come up with some changes to the challengages that you have expressed. Without hearing about hese concerns we can not fix them. Thank you for bringing these issue to our attention and hope that upon your next visit you will see a reflection of your review.

Reviewed 18 June 2014 via mobile

The room was good plenty of space for our family of five. The staff was friendly and the morning breakfast was nice. Could have been a little but cleaner but was ok. The location was great it was close to all the attractions especially Sea World. Overall it was a nice stay.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for taking the time to write a review after your recent stay here at the Residence Inn Mission Valley. I’m happy to see you had a good time with us. I will also discuss your comments with my staff to see what we can do to improve your next experience here. Stay with us again and see what new changes we are making for a better experience.