SpringHill Suites San Diego Rancho Bernardo/Scripps Poway
Ranked #141 of 278 Hotels in San Diego
Reviewed 23 July 2013

I stayed at the Springhill Suites hotel for about a month for job training and had an amazing experience. The real kicker that made this particular hotel go from good to great is the amount of service at the front desk. All associates are great but two stand out- Kyle and Laura. If you ever have a problem, want them to send out mail and have them pay for postage, need another room key, want to know places to go eat and have a menu provided to you right here at the hotel- go see one of these two people. Not a single issue came up (and there were many) that they couldn't solve.
Great experience.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
Kelly_Herrington, General Manager at SpringHill Suites San Diego Rancho Bernardo/Scripps Poway, responded to this reviewResponded 25 July 2013

I'd like to take this opportunity to thank you for the review! Our team is committed to making our guests' stay both enjoyable and comfortable. We value your feedback, and I'm happy to hear that Kyle & Laura provided great service. We hope you'll come back and visit soon.

Warm Regards,

Reviewed 17 July 2013

Had to go to San Diego and I knew exactly where I wanted to stay. I gave this hotel an excellent rating last year and nothing has changed, still an excellent experience. The front desk is very friendly and full of information. Our room was very spacious with two comfortable beds plus a couch. My daughter and I wanted to watch different t.v. shows, not a problem their were two flat screen televisions. I was able to use the gym this time and liked that the treadmills had built in t.v.'s as well. They also supply the gym with towels and water. There is plenty of room in the breakfast area with a variety of foods to choose from.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Kelly_Herrington, General Manager at SpringHill Suites San Diego Rancho Bernardo/Scripps Poway, responded to this reviewResponded 19 July 2013

Thank you for taking the time to share a review of on Trip Advisor. I appreciate you sharing your positive experiences with us. It is nice to hear that you found the property to meet your needs during your stay here in San Diego. We look forward to your next trip back.

Thanks Again,

Reviewed 8 July 2013

This SpringHill Suites is a clean and in a nice, quiet location. It is not ar from downtown San Diego or even Legoland n Carlsbad. We spent 2 nights here while visiting Legoland and San Diego. The rooms are spacious. The staff is very friendly. Another nice thing about this SpringHill Suites is that there is a Chilis and a Wendy located in the parking lot next door. We ordered Chilis to go and it only took me 30 seconds to walk there and pick up our food. I will definitely consider this hotel for my next trip to San Diego.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Kelly_Herrington, General Manager at SpringHill Suites San Diego Rancho Bernardo/Scripps Poway, responded to this reviewResponded 10 July 2013

I'd like to take this opportunity to thank you for the review! Our team is committed to making our guests' stay both enjoyable and comfortable. We value your feedback, and are grateful for the recognition you placed on our location and quality accommodations. We hope you'll come back and visit soon.

Warm regards,

Reviewed 28 June 2013

Nice hotel in the Poway Area. The staff was excellent and the rooms were clean and nice. Only stayed one night, but the hotel shuttles us to our meeting and then came back and picked us up. Was staying with a Chinese colleague of mine and she also felt comfortable even though she does not speak a lot of English. I'd highly recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
Kelly_Herrington, General Manager at SpringHill Suites San Diego Rancho Bernardo/Scripps Poway, responded to this reviewResponded 30 June 2013

Thanks Again,

Reviewed 17 June 2013

Came on Saturday, would never stay on summer weekend. Millions of kids running and yelling, but hotel was pretty good in general, big comfy rooms ok breakfast. Would stay on weekday, also be aware this is right on the freeway so there is some noise it goes all night. there is a gas station and a couple of places to eat at the property.

Room Tip: Rooms on the fourth floor away from freeway, not next to elevator.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
Kelly_Herrington, General Manager at SpringHill Suites San Diego Rancho Bernardo/Scripps Poway, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2013

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience while visiting our hotel. Your feedback is very important to us as we feel it is one more way for us to know how we are doing and to correct the things that need attention. I am truly sorry to learn that your stay was less than perfect. I will follow through by sharing your comments with the entire staff to help improve our service levels for you and future guests.
Again, thank you for your generosity in taking the time by giving us this feedback as it serves as a tool for further enhancement of our services and accommodations.

Reviewed 23 May 2013

Maybe I was expecting too much based on all the glorious reviews here. I usually stay a little more north of here but the reviews were so good, I thought I would try it out even if it meant driving further to where I needed to be. My overall assessment is that it is up to typical Springhill Suites but there wasn't really anything overly amazing about this place. The front desk was pleasant and the rooms were clean.

The location is decent if you have to get all around San Diego. The location intersection gets quite busy with traffic especially between 5pm and 6pm. While plenty of parking, there are tons of cars trying to get in and out of the single parking lot entry way for gas, hotel, and a couple restaurants. Not a major thing, but just pointing that out.

My room faced the freeway. There is a constant hum from cars driving by with the occasional loud truck or car. Again, not annoying but more like "white noise". You don't get much of a view unless you favor San Diego freeway traffic.

Again, I would recommend this place as it has nice rooms and good location. The reviews here might overset expectations as it did for me.

Room Tip: Ask for a room not facing the freeway if possible.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Phoenixroby
Derek E, Manager at SpringHill Suites San Diego Rancho Bernardo/Scripps Poway, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2013

Phoenixroby,

Thank you for your review! It is important for us to hear feedback from all of our guests who wish to share it and continualy improve where and when we can. We strive to ensure the complete satisfaction of all our guests and I am thankful to know you enjoyed your stay with us. I apologize if we weren't exactly what you were looking for but our staff truly maximizes thier efforts in all departments and I am glad you were able to experience that.

We would certainly appreciate the opportunity to accommodate you again in the future if you find yourself in our area.

Derek Edwards
Assistant General Manager

Reviewed 21 May 2013 via mobile

Check in took ages as no one at reception when we arrived. After travelling from the east coast this wasn't what I needed. Breakfast is very limited and very crowded when I was there. Rooms were clean and location convenient.

• Stayed: May 2013
1  Thank Chris H
Kelly_Herrington, General Manager at SpringHill Suites San Diego Rancho Bernardo/Scripps Poway, responded to this reviewResponded 22 May 2013

Thank for taking the time write a review of your experience at my hotel on Trip Advisor. I want to apologize that my hotel was not up to par. I will follow through by sharing your comments with the appropriate departments to help improve our service levels in the affected areas for you and future guests. We hope to see you in the near future so that we may provide you with the excellent service you are accustomed to from Marriott.

Also consider these accommodations in or near San Diego
Holiday Inn Express Mira Mesa
Holiday Inn Express Mira Mesa
#190 of 278 in San Diego
Residence Inn San Diego Sorrento Mesa/Sorrento Valley

Been to SpringHill Suites San Diego Rancho Bernardo/Scripps Poway? Share your experiences!