“Very good for the price, service and cleanliness”

SpringHill Suites San Diego Rancho Bernardo/Scripps Poway
Ranked #143 of 279 Hotels in San Diego
Reviewed 1 November 2013

The location is close to the I-15 freeway. I was apprehensive of staying here again because I use to be able to hear the freeway and they must of got double paned windows because I can no longer hear the freeway anymore. So that's a plus! Friendly staff - checked me right in. The room was a suite and are good sized. It has a microwave, refrigerator and sink with a sofa bed I believe. The hotel is situated next to Chili's, Wendy's a gas station and a Fish restaurant. So there are a few places for you not much, but at least it's something. You are close to the freeway so it gives you options. :) If you continue up the hill, there is a Sammy's Woodfire Pizza and a few more restaurants with a Vons grocery store. There is a breakfast in the morning and there is a small pool, but more for the kids than anything. I would stay here again for the price, the cleanliness of the room, location and service.

Room Tip: Room on the east side, but it seems they fixed the sound proofing?
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank leizy1
Kelly_Herrington, General Manager at SpringHill Suites San Diego Rancho Bernardo/Scripps Poway, responded to this reviewResponded 4 November 2013

Thank you for sharing your experience on TripAdvisor. We value our guest's comments, and were so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay. We hope we get a chance to serve you again in the future.

Reviewed 23 October 2013

We stayed for one night after spending the day at the San Diego Zoo. The hotel was a quick drive up the freeway and easy to find. Check-in was quick and easy and the clerk was very nice. The room was a suite and it was very clean & nice. We had a room on the first floor and were amazed at how high the ceilings were. There was a king sized bed and a hide-a-bed in the couch in the living room area. The only negatives were the tiny swimming pool, which was filled with lots of kids. Not a good place to relax. There was a Chili's restaurant and a gas station with a mini-mart in the same parking lot. There was nothing else in walking distance. The nice desk clerk gave us a map with the location of some local restaurants about 5 minutes up the road. We found a shopping center with a nice grocery store and lots of restaurants.

Room Tip: Rooms on the first floor have very high ceilings!
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Kelly_Herrington, General Manager at SpringHill Suites San Diego Rancho Bernardo/Scripps Poway, responded to this reviewResponded 27 October 2013

I'd like to take this opportunity to thank you for the review! Our team is committed to making our guests' stay both enjoyable and comfortable. We value your feedback, and are grateful for the recognition you placed on our location. We hope you'll come back and visit soon.

Warm regards,

Reviewed 23 October 2013

Stayed here on business trip very clean and comfortable. Friendly staff and attention to detail is exceptional. Short ride to downtown & Coronado Island. (Just don't try it in the early AM)
Breakfast is good and decent variety of items.

Room Tip: Odd numbered rooms face I-15 and it is remarkably quiet
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Derek E, Manager at SpringHill Suites San Diego Rancho Bernardo/Scripps Poway, responded to this reviewResponded 24 October 2013

Dear Glenn C.,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us during your recent business trip and adding a great review on Tripadvisor. We take great pride in the service our staff provides and we are lucky enough to be centrally located within close proximity to most major attractions and destinations.

We hope you stay with us again during your next trip to San Diego whether it be for business again or perhaps for leisure.

Thank you again!

Best Wishes,

Derek Edwards
Assistant General Manager

Reviewed 15 October 2013

I just wanted to thank Springhill Suites, namely Sonya Allegra, for assisting me with our wedding hotel room block, and the shuttle service! It took a huge weight off my shoulders, and everything ran smoothly!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Kelly_Herrington, General Manager at SpringHill Suites San Diego Rancho Bernardo/Scripps Poway, responded to this reviewResponded 16 October 2013

Thank you for sharing your experience on TripAdvisor. We value our guest's comments, and were so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that Sonya was able to help make your special weekend run smoothly.

Congratulations from the entire staff!

Reviewed 27 September 2013

I stayed six nights using points. I left a very expensive set of headphones (more $ than Bose) in my room upon checkout. I called the next day and housekeeping turned them in. The front desk would not let me pay for postage and returned them to me via FedEx. I thought I had lost them forever, as they would sell in a heartbeat on ebay.

Thanks again SpringHill Suites San Diego!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
Derek E, Manager at SpringHill Suites San Diego Rancho Bernardo/Scripps Poway, responded to this reviewResponded 28 September 2013

ApocalypticTourist,

We're happy that you received your headphones and enjoyed your stay! Our sense of integrity is a large reason why we are able to achieve such outstanding guest satisfaction. We certainly hope you choose to stay with us again during your next visit to San Diego.

All The Best!

Derek Edwards
Assistant General Manager

Reviewed 25 September 2013

Conveniently located near interstate, but with no traffic noise. Friendly front-desk staff, at check-in. Room was clean and new. The beds were comfy and the bathrooms were clean and bright. Though the hotel was full, our room was quiet all night. There were plenty of good tasting choices at breakfast, both hot and cold foods! Friendly staff and very welcoming nice place to stay. I will recommend this place any day to guest. I was even given a a list with their favorite restaurants in the area . I do not expect more for a hotel this standard, but received more than what I bargained for the price. Thank you to Pauline and Cathy for making my stay!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
Kelly_Herrington, General Manager at SpringHill Suites San Diego Rancho Bernardo/Scripps Poway, responded to this reviewResponded 27 September 2013

Thank you for sharing your experience on TripAdvisor. We value our guest's comments, and were so pleased to hear that Pauline and Cathy made your stay more enjoyable. We hope we get a chance to serve you again in the future.

Reviewed 23 September 2013

My husband and I checked in on a Friday afternoon. We arrived at 12:30 PM. Our room was ready and we were upgraded to a spa suite for being Marriott gold members. I thought the room was nice and wasn't cramped. We always ask for a top floor because I am a very light sleeper but I noticed they put us on the 1st floor. I am guessing their spa suites are only on the 1st floor. Why else would they place us on the ground level. Anyway, I liked the spa tub and it was nice to relax in it after a day at the wineries. I suggest visiting Bernardo Winery while you are in town as it has a lot of little stores and candy shops to browse through. Their orange moscato was great too. The hotel itself has very thin walls as I could hear doors slamming a lot in the hallway and the people above us sounded like elephants. They were very loud. The ceiling was too high for me to bang on it and ask them to be quiet. The room temperature was perfect and the air/fan worked great. If you leave the fan on all night, you will not hear any traffic noise or at least I didn't. I would definitely ask for a room on the top level next time. The breakfast was good. It was crowded with a ton of teenagers though. I think a lot of teams must play nearby because every time I went to the lobby, there were young people everywhere. The breakfast consists of scrambled eggs, sausage patties, waffles, hard boiled eggs, fruit, such as apples, oranges and bananas, cereal, milk, juice, coffee and pastries. There was a girl that kept refilling everything so nothing ran low when I was there. I didn't see anything within walking distance. There is a Chili's and a Wendy's in the same parking lot. Every other place we went to, we had to drive. We found one Mexican restaurant but the food wasn't very good. I highly suggest Kaminsky's restaurant/bar for happy hour. Their food was great and the service was excellent. It's very close by, probably within 2 miles. All in all, I would suggest staying at this hotel because it was clean and they have a good free breakfast. The staff were helpful as well.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the top floor.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Kelly_Herrington, General Manager at SpringHill Suites San Diego Rancho Bernardo/Scripps Poway, responded to this reviewResponded 25 September 2013

I'd like to take this opportunity to thank you for the review! Our team is committed to making our guests' stay both enjoyable and comfortable. We value your feedback, and are grateful for the recognition you placed on the property. We hope you'll come back and visit soon.

Also consider these accommodations in or near San Diego
Miramar
Holiday Inn San Diego North Miramar

Been to SpringHill Suites San Diego Rancho Bernardo/Scripps Poway? Share your experiences!