“Standard SpringHill Suites hotel” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of SpringHill Suites San Diego Rancho Bernardo/Scripps Poway

SpringHill Suites San Diego Rancho Bernardo/Scripps Poway
Ranked #116 of 279 Hotels in San Diego
Del Mar, California
“Standard SpringHill Suites hotel”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 April 2014

Stay here on business and found the hotel to be clean and your standard SpringHill hotel. The check-in and the check-out process was less than efficient and a little disappointing. The breakfast was just ok, your standard SpringHill offering. There was just one toaster available which took a 10 minute wait to use. I found the bed not up to Marriott standards, it was not very comfortable. All in all a pretty standard SpringHill hotel, just nothing special.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Michael D
Kelly_Herrington, General Manager at SpringHill Suites San Diego Rancho Bernardo/Scripps Poway, responded to this review, 1 May 2014
Thank for taking the time write a review of your experience at my hotel on Trip Advisor. I want to apologize that the hotel was not up to par. I will follow through by sharing your comments with the appropriate departments to help improve our service levels in the affected areas for you and future guests. We hope to see you in the near future so that we may provide you with the excellent service you are accustomed to from Marriott.

Kelly Herrington

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
Diamond Bar, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 April 2014

I have stayed in many hotels. From 5 hotels to hole in the wall motel for my business travels. During my stay I never felt obligated to write a review, a good one or a bad one. However my recent stay at this hotel has prompted me to write this review. In my years of travel I have yet to find one that is as friendly and courteous as this one. My stay here at this hotel was very delightful. It did not feel like a hotel; but, more like home or staying over at friends house. The rooms are very clean and very spacious. The staff is very friendly. But one staff in particular will go above and beyond to make your stay at the hotel feel like home rather than a hotel. His name is Matt. He works at the front desk and he makes sure all your problems get solved in most expedient manner possible. Matt will even look up what time the local Starbucks opens; this was great because my co-workers and I love a cup of coffee at 5:00 AM in the morning. It is the little things such telling some of the best places to eat in town or general directions to local points of interest that made my stay and my co-workers stay at this hotel pleasant and hassle free. My two month stay at this hotel was very pleasant because of the professionalism of the hotel staff at the SpringHill Suites in San Diego.

Room Tip: Ask for the fourth floor. 1. Less noise so better night sleep. Lots of teams stay here at the hotel...
Green Features: This hotel does recycle and is very environmentally friendly.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Kelly_Herrington, General Manager at SpringHill Suites San Diego Rancho Bernardo/Scripps Poway, responded to this review, 22 April 2014
Thank you for sharing a review on Trip Advisor. I have passed along your wonderful feedback to the staff and they could not be happier to know that their hard work was recognized. It was our pleasure to have you stay with us.

Santa Maria, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 April 2014

Our soccer team stayed at this hotel and it is beautiful, has huge rooms, breakfast and friendly staff. The lobby is nice and there's plenty of room to gather. Rooms are spacious, clean, and nicely decorated. Breakfast was great and the staff accomodated us by having breakfast out early one morning. Would reccomend to anyone!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Kelly_Herrington, General Manager at SpringHill Suites San Diego Rancho Bernardo/Scripps Poway, responded to this review, 11 April 2014
I'd like to take this opportunity to thank you for the review! Our team is committed to making our guests' stay both enjoyable and comfortable. We value your feedback, and are grateful for the recognition you placed on our breakfast and quality accommodations. It was our pleasure to have you stay with us.

Warm regards,
Las Vegas, Nevada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 April 2014

I just returned from a 2-night stay at this hotel. My family had 2 rooms for our trip to take 2 young girls to the San Diego Zoo. First of all, the 8-year old was absolutely fascinated by the mini kitchen in the room (mini fridge, microwave, coffee pot and sink.) That may have been the highlight of her vacation. The room was also stocked with a few paper plates and plastic ware. There is a Von's grocery store down the street, so it was very easy to get frozen dinners and snacks to take to the room.

The room is quite spacious, with a separate desk area in the alcove with the kitchenette, large couch, 2 queen beds in our room, and 2 large TVs. There was plenty of room to keep the kids from getting antsy.We were only here 2 nights, but the room was kept very clean and we noticed that all of the staff were very friendly.

The breakfast in the morning was terrific! We mastered the waffle maker, and also enjoyed scrambled eggs and sausage in addition to the standard toast, bagels, muffins and cereal.

To our surprise and delight, after returning from a long day at the zoo, we discovered that the pool is heated! The kids were able to work off the last of their pent up energy by getting in the pool and swimming around. There are beach towels at the pool for your use, so you don't have to take the towels from the room. By the time the girls were done at the pool, their mom had their dinners ready and there were no arguments about getting ready for bed.

This hotel is very conveniently located right off of the interstate. There is a Chili's and a Wendy's right in the parking lot. With the grocery store just up the street, we could not have asked for a better location.

I would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank slhenry
Kelly_Herrington, General Manager at SpringHill Suites San Diego Rancho Bernardo/Scripps Poway, responded to this review, 7 April 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share a review of on Trip Advisor. I appreciate you sharing your positive experiences with us. It is nice to hear that you found the property and the staff to meet your needs during your stay. We hope you come back and visit.

Denver, CO
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 March 2014 via mobile

The room was nice, had a mini kitchen (small micro, frig and sink) and desk, and a small sitting area with a couch. Housekeeping did a good job, the room and hotel seemed very clean. Breakfast consisted of pastries, fruit, cereal/oatmeal, scrambled eggs and a meat, yogurt, juices and milk. The attendants kept everything well stocked and tables cleaned. Chilis and Wendy's are right across the parking lot. I loved that there was always fresh fruit, drink (lemonade?), coffee and newspapers in the lobby and a free little bottle of water in the room.

My only complaints are minor. The hotel is just off the 15, I was on the 2nd floor and was surprised by the highway noise when I first entered the room. When the curtains were drawn tight it was lessened a lot but I think they could upgrade the curtains for more noise reduction. That said, I didn't really notice it when the tv was on and it felt like white noise when I was sleeping, it bothered me much less than I thought it would.

The only other complaint is that the desk is in the little kitchen area with no line of sight to the tv. I like to watch tv while I work. They did provide a small table/tray for the couch and that was great for the short time I was on the computer so it was fine for me on this trip.

Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Kelly_Herrington, General Manager at SpringHill Suites San Diego Rancho Bernardo/Scripps Poway, responded to this review, 10 March 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share a review of on Trip Advisor. I appreciate you sharing your experience with us. It is nice to hear that you found the property to meet your needs during your stay here in San Diego. We look forward to your next trip back.

Thanks Again,
London, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 February 2014

I stayed at the Spring Hill Sweets on Valentine's day weekend and my experience was amazing. The rooms were clean and had everything we needed. And the area was peaceful and relaxing. Complimentary breakfast was delightful. And Laura Marquez as we'll as Nhoree, the receptionists, were very welcoming and helpful during our stay. Always smiling. I'll definitely be back again, and recommend this hotel to friends and family!

• Stayed February 2014
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Kelly_Herrington, General Manager at SpringHill Suites San Diego Rancho Bernardo/Scripps Poway, responded to this review, 24 February 2014
We were simply delighted to read the wonderful review you shared on TripAdvisor. Our team is committed to providing service so memorable, and we're glad it showed. Thank you for the kind words. We look forward to having you stay with us again in the future!

Oak Park, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 February 2014

I was very pleased with my recent stay at the SpingHill Suites in Poway. The rooms were very nice, clean and comfortable. We enjoyed the breakfast buffet and found the staff to be very helpful and very friendly. It was also close to shops as well as restaurants. I would definitely stay there the next time I visit the area.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for taking the time to share a review of on Trip Advisor. I appreciate you sharing your positive experiences with us. It is nice to hear that you found the property to meet your needs during your stay here in San Diego. We look forward to your next trip back.

Thanks Again,
Also consider these accommodations in or near San Diego
Residence Inn San Diego Rancho Bernardo/Scripps Poway
Staybridge Suites San Diego Rancho Bernardo Area
Staybridge Suites San Diego - Sorrento Mesa
Comfort Suites San Diego Miramar
Hampton Inn & Suites San Diego-Poway
Radisson Hotel San Diego - Rancho Bernardo

Been to SpringHill Suites San Diego Rancho Bernardo/Scripps Poway? Share your experiences!