Judging from the outside of the hotel, it didn't look like anything to write home about, but this ended up being a really great place to stay in San Diego!
LOCATION: The location is great! It is a short walk from the hotel to the main street of Old Town shops and restaurants. We did a trolley tour and the first stop was on the main street as well so it was nice just to walk there from our hotel to catch the trolley. There's also a historical museum of San Diego right down the street that you can walk to.
ROOM: We upgraded for an extra $10 per night to get a room with a 'balcony' (it's more of just a look out), the doors swing open and you can take about one step outside of your room. However, I LOVED it because we slept with the door open and we fell asleep to the sound of the fountain in the courtyard below. Very peaceful.
I also liked that the outdoor hot tub was open late, so we definitely took advantage of that after our long days of site seeing!
They have continental breakfast, which was nothing special, but I was grateful that we didn't have to pay for an extra meal everyday.
The only negative thing I could say is that the room didn't have shampoo in it, which is a big problem especially us ladies with very long hair. We received two conditioners and and a bar of soap & that was it...luckily I had travel size shampoo with me..
Overall, great place to stay...do the balcony rooms & the hot tub...and take advantage of the location by visiting Old Town!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled in the culture and history of San Diego's Old Town, Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott San Diego Old Town provides travelers with a relaxing escape. Set away from the bustle of the city, and located minutes from San Diego's top beaches, our accommodations are perfect for those who want to be near it all yet revel in the slow pace that comes with a removed place. Old Town, with its charm and stories, delights and there is no shortage of museums and authentic shops to explore here. If you are looking for hotel suites in San Diego that let you completely unwind as you visit Old Town, Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott San Diego Old Town is ideal. We offer excellent value for travelers desiring more space, modern amenities, and an exceptional San Diego location. Our hotel provides a free daily breakfast and easy access to the Gaslamp District, Petco Park, Qualcomm Stadium and more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Ebookers, Marriott, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Cancelon, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Hotel.de so you can book your Fairfield Inn & Suites San Diego Old Town reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fairfield Inn & Suites San Diego Old Town Hotel San Diego
- Fairfield Inn And Suites San Diego Old Town
- Holiday Inn Old Town
- Holiday Inn San Diego
- San Diego Holiday Inn