Best Western Cabrillo Garden Inn
HardRockSD.com
  • Restaurant
US$236
  • Breakfast included
Hilton San Diego Resort & Spa(San Diego)(Great Value!)
US$233
  • Beachfront
Bahia Resort Hotel(San Diego)(Great Value!)
US$236
US$256
  • Pool
The Dana on Mission Bay(San Diego)(Great Value!)
US$190
  • Restaurant
Catamaran Resort Hotel and Spa(San Diego)(Great Value!)
US$234
US$225
  • Pool
Paradise Point Resort & Spa(San Diego)
US$242
US$225
  • Pool
Pacific Terrace Hotel(San Diego)
US$328
US$299
Travelocity
  • Beachfront
All reviewsbalboa parkgaslamp districtcounter space in the bathroomquaint hotelwestern hotelshot breakfaststay there againclean roomsthe breakfast areawithin walking distancecomfortable bedconvention centergas lampconvenient locationper nightfresh fruitmini fridge
Reviewed 22 September 2013

I was a bit worried at my first look when I arrived as the hotel seemed a bit old. At he front desk I was greeted by a friendly lady Katrina. I checked in and as I headed to my room upstairs and found a very nice room with a very comfortable bed! The bathroom had been updated and had nice toiletries. The hotel was a few blocks from the Gas Lamp District so a short walk in San Diego weather and you are in the middle of everything. A bonus to the property is on the roof is a great sitting area to kick back and enjoy the city sounds. I would recommend staying her if you want to be downtown San Diego. For the money this place is a great deal.

Room Tip: I stayed in 215 it was an extra large room with a sitting area.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
Y_Chen, Manager at Best Western Cabrillo Garden Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 28 September 2013

Dear Tim A,

Thank you for taking your time to write a review about our property Best Western Plus Cabrillo Garden Inn. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel as well as our friendly staff.
We are looking forward to have you again as our guest in the near future.

Reviewed 22 September 2013

Even though this small motel is in downtown San Diego, it was pretty quiet in my room. The staff was very helpful when we asked about seeing the city. Breakfast was pretty good. I was happy to see hot food, not just rolls, juice,m and coffee. We stayed two nights, and after getting back after the first day, I found my car overrun by little ants, so I mentioned it. When I checked out the next day, they had already arranged to have the property treated. Even though it was a little problem for me, they were right on top of things! Overall, it was a comfortable, pleasant stay.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Dear Angela H,

Thank you for your recent review. Your comments are very important to us and we are using them constructively to better our business.
Thank you again for your comments and we hope that you will give us the opportunity to accommodate you again in the future.
Thank you.
Best Western Plus Cabrillo Garden Inn

Reviewed 8 September 2013 via mobile

We stayed here for three nights in August and found it to be a nice little retreat right in the heart of town. The bed and linen were so comfy it was a struggle getting up in the morning!

The trendy gas lamp district is right on your doorstep so we were able to find nice little eateries and bars just from ambling around.

The guy who checked us in, Carlos was his name I believe, was incredibly friendly and helpful. When we told him our travel plans (to drive along the coast to San Francisco) he produced a map of California and of LA and San Fran and told us all about his favourite spots along the way. He couldn't have been nicer or more helpful and gave us some great tips!

Great little hotel and excellent value for what you get! Definitely recommend.

• Stayed: August 2013
Y_Chen, Manager at Best Western Cabrillo Garden Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 14 September 2013

Dear FunyoungIrishcouple,

Thank you for your recent comments regarding your stay at Best Western Plus Cabrillo Garden Inn.
We appreciate your feedback and we are glad that you enjoyed your stay as well as our friendly staff.
Thank you again for your review and we are looking forward to accommodate you again in the future.

Best Western Plus Cabrillo Garden Inn

Reviewed 15 August 2013

This place so cute... Although the pictures shown make it look larger, it is tucked inside may larger buildings. If it was not for the tender loving care given by its owners it would not stand out. The rooms are smaller, but comfortable and very clean. If you are looking or a view from your room, this would not be your place, however they have a roof top area that has a great sitting area to settle down after a long day. You can even see the ball park from this roof top! If you are staying here, you must wear your walking shoes. You can get to the gaslight district, but it is a walk. If you are going to the convention area it can also be done in a walk, but it will take you about 15 - 20 minutes. The restaurants are not close, however, across the street is a deli/liquor store to grab a quick sandwich or a bottle of wine. The have a very nice breakfast. Overall this is a nice place with character.

Room Tip: Great Local low key business place, not good for the social aspect of business.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
Y_Chen, Manager at Best Western Cabrillo Garden Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 17 August 2013

Dear Ghoran,
Thank you for choosing to stay at the Best Western Plus Cabrillo Garden Inn and for taking the time to share your experience.
We are appreciating your comments and we are looking forward to have you as our guest again in the future.

Reviewed 12 August 2013

I was attending a sales meeting at Petco Park and needed a hotel near by on short notice. The name of this hotel attracted me and it did not disappoint. It was quaint and charming and I wanted to stay longer!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Dear Christine,
Thank you so much for your recent review in regards to your stay at the Best Western Plus Cabrillo Garden Inn. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay at our property.
We are looking forward to seeing you again in the near future.
Thank you for choosing to stay at Best Western Plus Cabrillo Garden Inn.