“Two thumbs up for this place”

La Quinta Inn & Suites San Diego SeaWorld/Zoo Area
Ranked #160 of 279 Hotels in San Diego
Reviewed 21 October 2013

Great location. Quick access to all the major attractions. Very close to the High way that made commuting very easy.
Nice clean facility and very friendly staff. The service was great from front desk, cleaning staff and breakfast lady. I would like to see hot breakfast added to the menu.
Internet coverage can be improved a little. The connection was not very consistent.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta
lq6119gm, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites San Diego SeaWorld/Zoo Area, responded to this reviewResponded 8 November 2013

We are delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay and thank you for the two thumbs up! As we always strive to provide our guests with excellent service, we are happy to hear your stay reflected those efforts, with a clean facility and friendly staff. Thank you again, and we look forward to welcoming you back during your next trip to San Diego.

A La Quinta traveler
New Carlisle, Indiana, USA
Reviewed 17 October 2013

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 October 2013

The Good: Comfortable beds, somewhat updated room (newer granite counter top and replaced tile in bath, nice larger fridge, a microwave and small table with 2 chairs, free parking Friendly clerk checked me in and asked my preference of room location. Free breakfast, but I didn't take part, so can't give review on the breakfast. It has a small outdoor pool and Jacuzzi, but I didn't use them. (For vacationers, the beach is about 15-20 min away.)

The Bad: Internet was "included" in the price, but it didn't work except at 6:00 a.m. The hotel tech support said too many people were using it and I should wait a while. It didn't work both evenings I was at the hotel, which is completely unacceptable for me.

The place is set up like a motel. As a single woman, I didn't feel very secure with my room opening up to the public walkways. The breakfast and gym were in another wing. I was planning to go to the gym at 6:00 a.m., but didn't feel secure walking through the parking lot to get there in the dark. I was also told the gym was not locked, so I assume non-guests could access the gym. Signs everywhere reminding patrons not to leave anything in their cars didn't help me feel safe.

TV was a larger flat screen, but the one in my room was almost dead and pixelated.

Would I stay again? Well, it WAS much less than the fancy hotels on the other side of the freeway. It was clean and comfortable (just old and right off the freeway frontage road). I might return if I needed a moderately-priced place for a night or two, was not staying alone, and didn't need the hotel's internet to work.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business

Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your stay. We are sorry to hear of the issues you experienced with the internet and television. I have reviewed your comments with the staff to ensure these issues are corrected. Please contact me if you have any questions or would like to discuss your stay further.

Reviewed 8 October 2013

I loved every minute i had to spend with Shamu.
just loved the polar bears and dolphins, sea lions, whales jumping.
Seaworld is a great place to visit with your family. It's fun and exciting for all ages! Have fun!!
Kids love this trip..

Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family

We are happy to hear you enjoyed your trip to San Diego and to SeaWorld, one of the many great attractions near our hotel. Thank you for your review and we look forward to welcoming you and the kids back during your next fun filled adventure!

Reviewed 6 October 2013

Right when my husband and I arrived, we found a front row parking spot for the front office. When we walked in, we were greeted immediately with a friendly smile and we checked in. They noticed that it was only the two of us and asked if we wanted to upgrade from a regular two queen room to a king suite. We agreed (of course) and we got a really nice, clean room with a sofa, desk, refrigerator, microwave, two sinks, two TVs, tub/shower, and everything that comes in any hotel room. At night, it was very quiet and our room faced east so there was no morning light in our room in the morning. Very comfy bedding and the mattress was not lumpy or too hard. I found absolutely nothing wrong with the room.
The next day, I went to the pool. It was clean with a towel folded on each lounge chair. the exercise room was dinky and at least 10 degrees hotter than it was outside. Good thing I don't use the gyms at hotels!
I frantically realized the next night that I needed a printer fast. I called the front desk to see if they had a computer hooked up with a printer. They said of course, print as much as you want for no extra charge. The internet on that computer was super fast and the printer got the job done.
This 3 night stay was the best stay at a hotel EVER! I highly recommend this hotel to anyone.

Room Tip: Get a room facing east. Light WILL show through in your room if you want to sleep in later.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
A TripAdvisor Member
Santa Paula
Reviewed 2 October 2013

Service was great. Nice rooms, clean location was fine,Quiet.Rates were good.Staff was very nice, and they were very helpful when needed.Food in the breakfast room was very nice and set up very nice it was very clean, and had a staff that was always cleaning and taking care of you,

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 October 2013

Very comfortable room, a bit dated and cramped perhaps. Great powerful shower and very fast wifi. Breakfast was ho hum. Very helpful and friendly staff at reception. Can't beat the location for trips to the zoo and USS Midway. Good value for money.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family