Omni San Diego Hotel
La Quinta Inn & Suites San Diego Mission Bay(San Diego)(Great Value!)
US$111
Pantai Inn(La Jolla)
US$413
Excellent 5/5
Hilton La Jolla Torrey Pines(La Jolla)(Great Value!)
US$230
US$194
US$321
US$242
US$179
  • Breakfast included
Blue Sea Beach Hotel(San Diego)(Great Value!)
US$210
US$204
Orbitz.com
Great 4.5/5
  • Pool
The Sofia Hotel(San Diego)(Great Value!)
US$276
US$202
Travelocity
  • Restaurant
Hilton San Diego Resort & Spa(San Diego)(Great Value!)
US$221
US$183
  • Beachfront
Paradise Point Resort & Spa(San Diego)
US$336
US$172
ParadisePoint.com
  • Pool
Bahia Resort Hotel(San Diego)(Great Value!)
US$213
US$180
Great 4.5/5
4,740 results
All reviewspetco parkconvention centergaslamp districtgreat locationselect guestmccormick and schmickspadres gamethe gas lamp districtball parkvalet parkingcorner roomwithin walking distancedirectly across the streettrain trackscoronado bridgebeautiful hotelbathroom door
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 27 August 2013

What a gem!!! Great location!! We came to celebrate our anniversary and enjoy a day at the ball park. The Omni Hotel made sure of just that!! When we returned from the 15 inning game, we had a lovely basket of wine, cheese, fruit and crackers waiting for us!!! The view was spectacular and the staff was as friendly as could be! Can't wait to return again.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 August 2013 via mobile

This hotel has everything going for it! Not only is it a fabulous facility in its own right, it's perfectly located. Across the street from Petco, home of the Padres, it also is at the doorway to the Gaslamp District and the San Diego Convention Center.

• Stayed: September 2012
Reviewed 26 August 2013

I paid a conference reduced price, but even for that price I thought the room was just average and there was no free amenities such as coffee or AM paper. There is soap rather than shower gel and the phone did not work to call the front desk. Great location, but a little too big and impersonal for my taste. For the price I paid I guess I expected Four Seasons luxury.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Omni Hotels & Resorts
ColleenOmni, Manager at Omni San Diego Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 August 2013

Dear Guest -
Thank you for taking the time to review us on TripAdvisor. I am sorry to hear you were displeased with your stay as we strive to ensure a great guest experience. I'd like to encourage you to join our Select Guest program which is a complimentary membership that includes free wi-fi and daily morning beverage delivery along with other benefits. I'd be happy to assist with enrollment if you would like to contact me at canderson@omnihotels.com.
Again, thank you for your time and we appreciate your business.
Colleen Anderson

Reviewed 26 August 2013

You won't find a better hotel near the Gas Lamp district or for a Padres game. There's a walkway that connects the hotel to the stadium and there's so many great restaurants and shops within walking distance. Don't miss the farmers market every Saturday in Little Italy too.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 August 2013

I'll make this quick. When we got there, we pulled into the driveway and we were greeted by a new member of the Valet staff. She was very confused. She should have been shadowed a little longer. We were promptly taken up to the room, with our luggage, with another member of the Valet staff, and he was great. We booked a non-smoking room. It smelled like smoke, and the Valet even commented on it. There were no other rooms available. They wanted to come in and spray some kind of freshener. It wasn't NEW smoke. It was once a smoking room and it was so stale. The blinds were broken, but they were broken closed, so that was fine. One of the lamp shades was bent and crooked. We had a problem with a recommendation from the Concierge desk, which resulted in a lot of stress and lost vacation time. The Concierge desk sent up a very nice snack, and while that didn't take away the stress, it was thoughtful. They also comp-ed our parking fees, which was like $30 - $35 a day (I can't remember). The breakfast room-service deal is great and right-on-time. We each ordered a bagel, piece of fruit, and coffee, which was from Starbuck's, which was perfect and tasty. I think you have to be an Omni Hotels member to get the breakfast deal, so establish that membership before you book your reservation. We had trouble with getting our room cleaned after we left for the day, and we didn't have our do not disturb sign up. We called the front desk when we got back to the room, and I'm not sure what the problem was, but we weren't treated promptly. The beds are double beds, so if you're tall or big, you will be cramped. There was plenty of seating in the room for a family of 4 and a huge nice sized desk. There were some nice magazines to read too. Even though the hotel was full, it was nice and quiet. The view is magnificent. The bathrooms are very clean and modern, but the bathroom door slides back and forth, and it didn't shut flush on the sides! It was off a few inches on each side. Maybe the building has shifted or there is a problem with the tracks or rollers. I would have been mortified if I had to share this room with another family or couple. The paint and doors need to be updated, along with whatever smells like smoke in there. We encountered a few problems, don't have time to list everything, but I believe the staff were competently trying to fix them. I might stay here again, especially since it has a dedicated walkway to the Padres stadium, but I would look at these reviews again before I left to see if management stepped it up a notch. It's not a new hotel, so maybe they recently had a management change. It was odd. The front desk manager seemed young, so maybe with experience, she'll "get it." The visiting MLB players stay here, and they were treated very anonymously. There was a guard out front. I'm assuming he's only there during games. I could see how it could get rowdy for the athletes without him. It's in a great location.

Room Tip: Our room needed to be updated to be considered a good value, especially since it smelled like terrible, stale smoke. Book a non-smokY room, with a bathroom door that closes, and request to be high on the Padres stadium side. It was such a cool view.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank 07travel
ColleenOmni, Manager at Omni San Diego Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 October 2013

Dear 07Travel,
Thank you for taking the time to review us on TripAdvisor. I apologize for not responding to your review sooner. I would like to talk with you further about your experience. Please contact me at canderson@omnihotels.com.
Colleen Anderson