“Not as impressed as I thought”

Omni San Diego Hotel
Ranked #18 of 278 Hotels in San Diego
Reviewed 21 June 2014

Stayed 4 nights at this hotel for a conference the week of June 16th. The hotel is conveniently located across the street from the convention center so that was really nice. I read reviews prior to coming and I was expecting to be wowed. I wasn't at all. The service was great and everyone was very pleasant but that's about it. The rooms are very average. I was facing the convention center and still heard the train sirens. I also heard conversations from the people next door. My AC was weird, I had to set it to 65 to be comfortable in my room and I am not one that likes it cold. Also regarding the room, the bathroom door is a sliding door that does not seal shut. There were openings on both sides and I would not consider it very private. Since I was staying alone it didn't bother me but I was traveling with someone and I had to use the bathroom, they would be able to hear everything and peek inside from the side openings. Just saying lol I'm funny about my privacy. I had a FedEx letter delivered to me during my stay and had to pay $3 to receive it. That was ridiculous. On the morning of my checkout the maid and mini bar lady knocked on my door 3 separate times starting from 9am. Once I asked them if checkout was at noon they apologized and kept moving. I ordered room service a few times and was extremely disappointed with the steak considering it comes from the same kitchen as McCormick & Schmidts below. It had absolutely no flavor. Finally, the only part of this hotel I enjoyed was the pool. The waitstaff was great, there is a bar and you can order food. I would recommend this hotel if your company is paying for it, otherwise I would probably stay somewhere else that was cheaper with a similar pool.

Room Tip: There was a baseball game while I was there, so ask for a room away from the stadium if noise is a p...
3  Thank grkgoddez
ColleenOmni, Manager at Omni San Diego Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 June 2014

Dear grkgoddez
Thank you for taking time to review us on TripAdvisor. I am sorry to hear that your stay didn't meet your expectations and I'm grateful that you took the time to share your experience. We do our best to learn from our customers and I will be reviewing your comments with our housekeeping team and restaurant in particular. We appreciate your business.

Reviewed 21 June 2014

vegas hotels have spoiled me,we thought the room was too small for the price.every staff member we encountered were friendly,professional and helpfull.padres games the nights we stayed were a little loud but the people watching at the fish place next door was fgreat and the tacos were great,skip mccormick and schmicks,theres much better eating in the gaslamp

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank josephtl
Reviewed 21 June 2014

Front desk and bell staff were extremely polite and helpful. I had a corner room on the 6th floor, which was on the same level as the pool and looked toward it. The room was very nice. I did hear the trolley at all hours, but once I fell asleep, it did not wake me up. I also did not hear my neighbors through the walls, but a coworker was next door, and she was very quiet. I did have a disturbing call at 5:25 AM that I won't go into detail about, but I had never had that experience at a hotel before. The complimentary coffee was delivered on time each morning, and Internet signal was good.

1  Thank ATLcruiser

Dear ATLcruiser
Thank you for taking time to review us on TripAdvisor! I'm pleased to see you enjoyed your stay and was hoping to learn a bit more about the phone call you received at 5:25am. Would you mind emailing me directly at canderson@omnihotels.com with the details?
We appreciate your business and hope to welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed 21 June 2014

Wonderful hotel with everything being excellent.
The staff were friendly and helpful from check in to check out.
Rooms were super comfortable and you can't beat the location.
Right in Gas lamp and Eat village and next to the ball park. Also across the road from convention center.
Would definitely recommend and will stay here again.

Room Tip: Higher floor for views
1  Thank DanHobs

Dear DanHobs,
Thank you for taking time to leave such a great review us on TripAdvisor!
We appreciate your business and hope to welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed 20 June 2014

My family and I really enjoyed staying at this hotel. Customer service was excellent! Staff members were friendly and professional from the moment we walked in. Room was nice size (2 double beds) and clean. Beds were comfortable. We had a nice view from the 14th floor. We were all very happy and would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Omni Hotels & Resorts
ColleenOmni, Manager at Omni San Diego Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 June 2014

Dear michaelrI6508UN;
Thank you for the great review! We value guest feedback tremendously and are so pleased you and your family had such a great stay. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon!

Reviewed 19 June 2014

Perfect gateway for the business traveller seeking a bit of vacation. Close to convention center, Gaslamp quarter, the stadium. Pool is superb, could benefit from a slick bar, such as in the Hard Rock hotel. Rooms are classic- a bit boring- really the chain format- no style. Service was impeccable. No frills hotel- that somehow manages to get overall package right.

1  Thank beachloverPrinceton
Reviewed 18 June 2014

Omni is a nice hotel and good location. We like to be able to walk around the city and enjoy little city life. Peco park is right next to the hotel, we can walk our dog over there it is very convenient. Hotel itself is very clean and up scale that's why we came back again.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple