Omni San Diego Hotel
Hilton La Jolla Torrey Pines(La Jolla)(Great Value!)
US$224
US$194
Hotels.com
  • Restaurant
Manchester Grand Hyatt San Diego(San Diego)(Great Value!)
US$337
US$330
  • Pool
The Dana on Mission Bay(San Diego)(Great Value!)
US$162
  • Breakfast included
US$251
US$190
  • Room Service
Bahia Resort Hotel(San Diego)(Great Value!)
US$208
US$179
US$168
  • Pool
Paradise Point Resort & Spa(San Diego)
US$180
US$162
ParadisePoint.com
  • Pool
Hilton San Diego Resort & Spa(San Diego)(Great Value!)
US$219
US$183
Travelocity
  • Beachfront
4,738 results
All reviewspetco parkconvention centergaslamp districtgreat locationselect guestmccormick and schmickspadres gamethe gas lamp districtball parkvalet parkingcorner roomwithin walking distancedirectly across the streettrain trackscoronado bridgebeautiful hotelbathroom door
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 13 August 2014

I need to start this review by acknowledging the superb customer service we received by Ayanna (front desk/loyalty ambassador) Days before our arrival she contacted us to make sure we’d get accommodations to our requirements. We did have some requests and she and her team delivered exquisitely! Super nice/clean room with equally super nice view. We also found a very chic detail for me & wife for our 11th wedding anniversary (such a lovely touch)

The hotel is very, very good. To some, it might seem small (only one restaurant within the property), but trust me, it’s just the perfect size. The pool area is lovely, very modern décor and lighting, with terrific views. The gym is very adequate for those in need of some sweating/training. The location can’t get better! You have exclusive access to Petco Park next door thru bridge in 4th floor and steps away from Gaslamp Quarters, Convention Center and perhaps 5- 10 min from/to SAN airport and Balboa Park.

The only not so good part would be the parking. It is Valet parking ($38/night) but I guess it comes with the territory being California and all. The valet guys are very helpful and polite though. Nothing to complain on that front.

Overall, a very good hotel with excellent service from customer service to bell personnel to valet staff. Thank you Omni San Diego for making our experience an enjoyable and memorable one.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
OmniSDManagement, General Manager at Omni San Diego Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2014

Dear Pete K17,
Thank-you for your very kind and thoughtful review. We are very appreciative of your trust in us to deliver a memorable wedding anniversary getaway for you and your wife. Every stay is important but when someone is visiting to recognize a milestone in their lives, it's particularly gratifying for us. Thank-you for recognizing the efforts of Ayanna. She's a terrific asset to our hotel and is was very flattered to be commended in such a public fashion. We're also pleased that so many other elements of your stay were to your satisfaction and hope that your overall experience will prompt a return visit soon.
Thank-you again,

Reviewed 13 August 2014

I enjoyed the property very much and found it to be extremely well kept, with a modern design scheme. The reception area is very large, therefore conducive to quick check-in and out. The valet service at check-in was smooth and the Valet Mark was the BEST. We attended a SAN DIEGO CHARGERS game on a Thursday and were very tired after a five hour drive from LA. The hotel was easy to get to, beds were comfy, bathroom was very clean with robes for guests. View from my 8 th floor room was nothing exciting. The morning breakfast options were great, McCormick and Schmidt was serving full breakfast, but I chose to explore the GASLAMP DISTRICT. Staff suggestions were AWESOME. Coffee and Art was superb spot, HEAVENLY cupcakes were indeed heavenly. Pool/Spa very up to date. Cost was well reflected in the service provided.

Room Tip: There are railroad tracks and Metro tracks on one side of the hotel for all of those Thomas fans, and the pool water view on the other.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family

Dear Lori J,
Thank-you for your delightful review! We are very pleased that we played a small part in such an enjoyable visit to San Diego. I am proud of the team of professionals that come to work each day with a passion for performing well and making our guests happy. Mark certainly is among the best of our best and it was very thoughtful of you to recognize him in such a meaningful way.
Mark and all of us hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to our hotel in the near future.
Thanks again,

Reviewed 12 August 2014

This is funny because I just got done writing a review of the worst hotel I stayed in since 1988. Now let me say... wow what a great night. Met friends for the game, had drinks by the pool walked over to the game (Petco Park is attached by a sky bridge) and then went to enjoy the Gaslamp for a late dinner and drinks.
Then my date and I spent a great night together in our room with the lights of the Coronado bridge as a backdrop. It couldn't have been better. Well a little but look in the traveler tip section for my suggestions.
Note: it was a friends early and a couples night later it was great for both.
You get treated like you would expect at a property like this. Perfect

Room Tip: trip tips: WiFi is free if you sign up for their guest club (I am GHA member) If you want the water view get up as high as you can. The train yard is between you and the water and if you leave the balcony door open they could wake you. (or pool noise) Get the in room breakfast service I went down to the coffee shop and I might of saved a buck or two but the delivered breakfast would have been great too. If you are new to San Diego they have "pedi" cabs I have used them before and either the price has gone up since the last time or when you say Omni they charge more...or it could have been the few pounds I gained in the Gaslamp. Overall expensive and worth it.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
OmniSDManagement, General Manager at Omni San Diego Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2014

Dear Jayfromcali,
Thanks for your fantastic review! I think you've captured the perfect night in San Diego in just a few brief sentences. We're thrilled to have played a role in such a nice getaway and the related memories. We hope that you plan to recreate your 'perfect night in San Diego' with us soon. Just remember, there are just two home stands remaining in the Padres 2014 season!
Best regards,

Reviewed 12 August 2014

I had planned this getaway months ago just for myself but my girlfriend's scheduled freed up her time so she met me in San Diego. The Hotel was everything positive I read previously. great location, friendly staff, very nice room, excellent view from the 20th floor (see my photos). Admittedly my girl friend wasn't thrilled about the open format of the bathroom with the sliding wooden slat doors and wooden slat windows but it didn't bother me. We were able to walk almost anywhere in the Gaslamp quarter (which was much better than being hussled by the rikshaw guys).

Room Tip: If you want an excellent view of the Coronado bridge and bay, go high. we were on the 20th floor with unobstructed views. However my girlfriend wasn't crazy about the trolley noise. It didn't bother me a bit, however.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear gusgus8156,
Thanks for your great review! I'm glad that we lived up to our past reviews! We aim to be as consistent as possible with our service levels. I'm sorry that your girlfriend didn't like the bathroom design; we genuinely appreciate her feedback as it will guide us in future room renovations.
Thank-you for staying with us and we hope that you'll return very soon!

Reviewed 12 August 2014

My girlfriend and I took a little getaway to San Diego. I had stayed at the Omni in Chicago years ago and remembered it to be a very nice vacation. This property didn't disappoint either. Literally walking distance to the entire GasLamp Quarter. Our room was on the twenty floor with views of the Coronado Bridge, the Bay, Hilton Hotel and part of the convention center. I was completely satisfied with almost everything. The only downsides and these were primarily from my friend, were the "open format for the bathrooms (doors are sliding with wooden slats and there are wooden slat windows in the bathroom) and the trolley station which was a bit loud for her. I would still come to this property again but maybe a alone.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Omni Hotels & Resorts

Dear gusgus8156,
Thanks for your great review! We are always thrilled when we earn a 5-star rating. I'm glad that you had such an enjoyable stay at our hotel, enjoyed our location and your view! We definitely appreciate constructive criticism as you've presented it. It will always be taken in to account when we are planning room renovations. We track guest feedback for this very purpose.
Thank you again and we hope to see you back soon,