“Great breakfast”

Marina Kitchen Restaurant and Bar
Ranked #340 of 4,992 Restaurants in San Diego
Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Marriott Marquis San Diego Marina features the fresh and approachable Marina Kitchen Restaurant and Bar, a dining venue that stands out from other waterfront restaurants in San Diego, California. Marina Kitchen Restaurant and Bar boasts a reputation for superb modern American cuisine in a relaxing luxury atmosphere
Reviewed 21 August 2014

Good choice / value for money and service . Location also great overlooking the marina . I can recommend the spinach omelettes with swiss cheese.

Reviewed 17 August 2014

We came here as the final stop of the apps/wine dinner tour of the Marina. It's located inside the Marriott Marquis hotel (left of registration) and was highly recommended by the young man at the check-in desk. Also, it was after 10pm and their kitchen stays open late.

The Atmosphere - Ambient lighting with warm tones, several lounge chairs and incredibly comfortable bar seats.

Entertainment - There was a live performance by a Jazz vocalist. Excellent. Totally fit into the vibe of the place and the kind you could enjoy listening to while having a conversation.

Wine - I thought the half bottles seemed overpriced which was a turn off, but the wines by the glass didn't disappoint. My friend had the Mendoza Malbec and I opted for the Edna Valley, CA Zinfandel. Both were excellent.

Food - Good lord the food was excellent. I didn't go for the recommended chicken and waffles. I'm not a waffle person, but I think next time I'm there I will, because the food is surprising here. We did order the Grilled Cheese Bites with Truffle Cheese and Tomato Jam. I was curious about the Tomato Jam. It was slightly chilled and really refreshing over the warm bread and melty cheese. The second thing we tried came highly recommended by the bartender; Grilled Lamb Sliders. Lamb is a tricky thing to me. It's either really really good or really really bad. These were excellent~ Moist, with a hint of mint and I don't even know what "Harissa Mayo" is, but the flavor combination was killer. That all nestled into a really soft bun. The other thing to note is usually I can't eat all that bread without feeling all bloaty later. Not a problem this time which says to me the ingredients in their dishes are clean and held to a high standard.

Service - was good. There was a moment where we had trouble getting our server's attention, but the second bartender picked up on it and stepped in.

I don't normally go to the downtown area. I'm a bit of a North County hermit, but I had such a great time and experience with so many great flavors and scents that I'm looking for an opportunity to go back and soon~

1  Thank Ali G
Reviewed 9 August 2014

We had to come here twice just to have the chips with cheese and meat on top! Great friendly service!

Reviewed 8 August 2014

The food and staff were great. However when you stay a week the food is the same over and over more variety would be nice.

Reviewed 23 July 2014

we sat outside during sunset overlooking the bay. we were the only ones outside surprisingly. the food was amazing. we had pot pie and gnocchi. while the pot pie could use some fresh vegetables it was really good. the gnocchi was superb. We had a great dinner.