“average”

Mumbai (Bombay), India
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“average”
Reviewed 16 October 2013

good seats for. Humphries was a lovely small venue to experience this Jazz singer at her best. Granted the chairs are as others have described them, but a warm September evening by the Bay and close enuf to watch her keyboard made up for this inconveniencehe venue is small with a nice bay view, but the seats were somewhat uncomfortables! They were white plastic folding chairs, tied together,

Visited April 2013

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Sacramento, California
62 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 76 helpful votes
“Diana Krall at great venue”
Reviewed 8 October 2013 via mobile

Diana Krall concerts are a great treat and hard to get good seats for. Humphries was a lovely small venue to experience this Jazz singer at her best. Granted the chairs are as others have described them, but a warm September evening by the Bay and close enuf to watch her keyboard made up for this inconvenience. The site is outdoors with drinks and food offered at the rear to sample before she went on. She is a brilliant singer, pianist, and charmer for her audience. This was my first time there, but not first time I have seen her perform, nor will it be my last either there or at another Krall concert. She was on stage for the entire hour and forty-five minutes. My son and his date accompanied my wife and me there for my wife's birthday celebration. They thought she was fabulous, better than either ever thought.

Visited September 2013
Calexico
30 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 51 helpful votes
“Great Lila Downs concert, uncomfortable seats”
Reviewed 22 September 2013

It was the first time that I went to a concert in this venue. The artist was Lila Downs. She has a great voice, excellent musicians. The sound was excellent.
The venue is small with a nice bay view, but the seats were somewhat uncomfortables! They were white plastic folding chairs, tied together, so narrow that we can't move, with a poor view of the stage. All are in one level, so if the person in front of you is tall, or has a hat, you can't see. My sister and her daughter had to move to other empty seats.
The staff was great.

Visited September 2013
Big Bear Lake, California
168 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 227 helpful votes
“GREAT VIEW BUT BAD SEAT LAYOUT AND SOUND”
Reviewed 19 September 2013

My wife and I had stayed at Humphrey's Half Moon Inn several times in the past but had never been to one of their concerts. We went to one recently (Buddy Guy / George Thorogood & The Destroyers). While the view of the Bay was nice, the seats are folding chairs wire tied together all on one level. So, you can't see much of the stage if you have an exceptionally tall person sitting in front of you (as I did). The large, portly gentleman sitting to my right that needed three seats to fit his body also made it extremely uncomfortable for me to sit through the concert as I could not sit straight in my seat to view what view of the stage I could manage. The sound system is also sketchy as we could not make out much of the singing (or between song banter) of either act during the concert hearing only loud bass guitars and other distortion from the speakers. I would rate this locale as "very good" based solely on the overall area (bay view) of the site. However, there are better locations to see this type of concert if you want to truly enjoy the view of the stage and music/singing that you are really paying to see/hear.

Visited August 2013
1 Thank Steven C
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fabulous location for a concert!”
Reviewed 3 September 2013

Small venue with great entertainment. Saw Cheryl Crow last year and Steely Dan this year. It's definitely on our list for an annual trek.

Visited August 2013