“Excellent buffet lunch”

Urban India
Ranked #2,028 of 4,873 Restaurants in San Diego
Cuisines: Indian
Reviewed 18 February 2013

San Diego is an expensive city and I expect prices to be 2-3 times as much as my mid sized Greenville, SC. To my amazement this Indian restaurant priced its lunch buffet the same $9.99 as my home town and the food was much better. The naans were fresh, All the vegetarian sabzis were well done and fresh. The fritters were nice and crisp. The dessert was not too sweet, just perfect.

The owner, a Sikh from Punjab was very pleasant and did come up twice to my table to inquire if everything was OK. This is an excellent bargain for the money.

Reviewed 24 January 2013

Very quiet on a Sunday night. I ordered Lamb Vindaloo spicy. It was as bland as any Indian food I have ever had and it was cold too. I could not get the waiters attention as he was on the other side of the restaurant talking to some friends so I told the busboy. He brought some red pepper paste but that did not make it any hotter. Atmosphere was also pretty stark. Not a place I would go back to.

Reviewed 9 January 2013

Other than this being in downtown San Diego and the parking is tough.....it was great!!! The waiter was great. We found that they have a buffet every day for lunch......that would be a must. The menu was extensive, and I know the buffet would be great.....

Reviewed 29 November 2012

My friends and I were looking for a place to eat before we took the Amtrak back to LA, and we wanted something a little ethnic so we went to downtown San Diego just before lunch hour for the buffet.

The place was almost empty, since they'd just opened on a Monday morning, but the buffet was already prepared so we walked in with anticipation.

There was a decent spread and the food was quite delicious, though not as spicy as I'd hoped it'd be. To be fair my taste buds have grown accustomed to spicy food, so the buffet probably had to cater to people with less tolerance for that.

There's a mix of vegetarian and meat dishes, so no one has to feel left out. And the naan was really good. Definitely looking forward to dropping by the next time I'm in the area!

Reviewed 10 November 2012

Probably given to the location of this restaurant, it would appear to be catering to the bar crowd of this downtown San Diego neighborhood. If you're looking for authentic Indian food, then you'll be disappointed here. The server was fun and friendly, but she seemed out of place; the space seemed more bar than Indian restaurant. We had fun, but we were disappointed with the food.