“Solid Choice for Indian in the Gaslight Area”
Review of Urban India

Urban India
Ranked #1,577 of 4,768 Restaurants in San Diego
Cuisines: Indian
Santa Monica, California
“Solid Choice for Indian in the Gaslight Area”
Reviewed 3 March 2013 via mobile

Very good service and tasty food in an attractive, warm dining room. I eat Indian food every time I have the chance, and Urban India is a solid 4 stars. Chicken Khorma, lentil soup, vegetable pekoras, and garlic naan were all delicious. Shocking how few people were here, though, on a Saturday evening. A couple oddities - no coffee available, and no vegetable sides. The only way to get a vegetable with your main dish is to buy another entree.

Stansted Mountfitchet, United Kingdom
“Fantastic Food!”
Reviewed 27 February 2013

Go here, that's all I really want to say about this place.

Now I love to eat meat but I decided to be a vegetarian for this visit and it was amazing. Have the cauliflower appetizer it's awesome. It's the best way i've ever eaten cauliflower.

Good service and good location.

Visited February 2013
Greenville, South Carolina
“Excellent buffet lunch”
Reviewed 18 February 2013

San Diego is an expensive city and I expect prices to be 2-3 times as much as my mid sized Greenville, SC. To my amazement this Indian restaurant priced its lunch buffet the same $9.99 as my home town and the food was much better. The naans were fresh, All the vegetarian sabzis were well done and fresh. The fritters were nice and crisp. The dessert was not too sweet, just perfect.

The owner, a Sikh from Punjab was very pleasant and did come up twice to my table to inquire if everything was OK. This is an excellent bargain for the money.

• Visited February 2013
Winter Park, Colorado
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Not so hot!”
Reviewed 24 January 2013

Very quiet on a Sunday night. I ordered Lamb Vindaloo spicy. It was as bland as any Indian food I have ever had and it was cold too. I could not get the waiters attention as he was on the other side of the restaurant talking to some friends so I told the busboy. He brought some red pepper paste but that did not make it any hotter. Atmosphere was also pretty stark. Not a place I would go back to.

• Visited January 2013
Pagosa Springs, Colorado
“You need to try this one!”
Reviewed 9 January 2013

Other than this being in downtown San Diego and the parking is tough.....it was great!!! The waiter was great. We found that they have a buffet every day for lunch......that would be a must. The menu was extensive, and I know the buffet would be great.....

• Visited January 2013