“Sexist”

Fox Sports Grill
Ranked #388 of 4,716 Restaurants in San Diego
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub
Good for: Bar Scene, Child-friendly, Groups
Dining options: Lunch, Drinks, Dinner, After-hours, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: inside the Hilton San Diego Bayfront
San Francisco, California
“Sexist”
Reviewed 6 August 2014

I like a tasteful place.This place had a girl at the bar with her breast practically hanging out! And we all know why, have to get those tips. Then there were girls on a few tv screens that were half dressed.This is besides the sports.I like girls, but in a more conservative manner.This is a business so it should be ran as such. And along the beautiful scenery.Very tacky.And it only seems to be for men for this day anyway.So its sexist. There are girls sports teams that are never shown. There were a few guys at the bar the girl that had the extremely low cut shirt saying words.This would be the last place I would advise a tourist to go.Especially if coming from anywhere, but the US. Can you imagine watching a little sports with your family and you see body parts and mouthing off.Great environment!

• Visited August 2014

Manchester
“A good alternative to the Gaslamp”
Reviewed 3 August 2014

My wife and I came down for a drink while the teens got ready. The bar was pretty empty with options to sit outside on the plush sofas under the patio heaters, or inside by the bar. We chose inside as the TVs were showing baseball from about 10 games at once!

A couple of beers later we asked to see the food menu, purely for research. However, there were lots of things on there which seemed appetising so we decided to stay. After a long walk around the zoo, and the previous night's fiasco at TGIs in the Gaslamp Quarter what could possibly go wrong. Done deal. We moved to a table in the dining area.

Teens arrived and no complaints when we said we were staying. Food when it arrived was plentiful. We shared a chicken nacho starter as I had seen the size of it going to another table. Very tasty.

Mains came and they were also tasty. Service was a bit chaotic, with wrong drinks and mix-ups on food but overall a pleasant experience. Glad we decided to eat there - good atmosphere, tasty food and a big selection of beers to keep Dad happy.

• Visited July 2014
Winter Garden, Florida
“1 star for the service - didn't get a chance to try the food”
Reviewed 29 July 2014

The welcoming staff at the front (and I use that term loosely) was less than friendly. We were going in for a drink and asked to sit at the bar. She pointed us in that direction. All of the bar stools were full but there were some high tables and chairs in the area that looked like they were part of the bar. I wanted to make sure so I went back to the front to ask and was rudely told that those were NOT part of the bar and that if I wanted to sit there I would need to wait like everyone else that was waiting. It was just a question. She didn't have to get all snippy with me. So we left and went to the Marriott for a drink.

Visited July 2014
Indianapolis
“Typical chain restaurant”
Reviewed 21 July 2014

We had a quick dinner here on our first night in San Diego because everyone was too tired to walk to the Gaslamp Quarter. My first impression of the restaurant was that it is a little grimy. The floors in the seats were in need of a good power cleaning. The food is very standard chain food. My husband and I shared the chicken nachos. They had a very odd sauce on them that didn't seem to add anything to the favor. Our beers were $7.50, which kind of surprised me. The kids had normal kid menu food and were happy enough with it. Next time I would make the walk into the Gaslamp Quarter or see if someone delivered!

Visited July 2014
Kernersville, North Carolina
“A solid choice during a crowded convention.”
Reviewed 20 July 2014 via mobile

My colleagues and I attended a conference of about 16,000 attendees in July. Everyone is dismissed for lunch at the same time the first day, resulting in a sea of humanity descending on the Gaslamp Quarter across from the convention center.

My colleagues and I opted instead to walk over to the Hilton Bayfront and have lunch at the Fox Sports Grill. There was a small line ahead of us, but we were seated at an outside table within 10 minutes.

The hostess was not particular friendly (somewhat understandable due to the group ahead of us hassling her over their policy of not seating incomplete parties). Our waiter was very pleasant, however.

Our group enjoyed a variety of offerings, including burgers, burrito, and a very large flatbread. I personally had the burger with avocado and bacon, which was juicy and generously topped.

Everyone enjoyed their meals, and still had plenty of time before heading back to the conference.

We all agreed we would eat there again, and several in our party did so several times throughout the week.

It's a great, convenient location with good food when you're not up for joining the herd in the Gaslamp Quarter.

• Visited July 2014