“Give it a chance!”

48 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 80 helpful votes
“Give it a chance!”
Reviewed 5 May 2014

I purchased tickets to see Jay Mohr a few days before the show. Our babysitter cancelled on us and we needed to change the date on our tickets. I thought the club would tell us we were stuck with what we purchased but they had no problems changing our show time and couldn’t be friendlier about it even though the show was sold out. We arrived 20 minutes before the show start time and were escorted to our seats without a problem. We didn’t wait outside or in a line. The only downside was the pricey 2 item minimum purchase. If I’m dropping $34 on each ticket, it would be nice not to have to buy two watered down $13 vodka red bull drinks each. Still, we had an excellent time.

Visited May 2014
1 Thank riceburnergrace

Seattle
24 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 127 helpful votes
“The American Comedy Co. Review - No Laughing Matter!!!!!!!!!”
Reviewed 13 October 2013

WOW!?!?! The American Comedy Company just robbed us! I can't believe it, though after reading some other yelp and tripadvisor reviews (which I should have before I purchased) I shouldn't be surprised.

We were in line 20 minutes before the show started. The line was slowly working its way toward the door and then it suddenly stopped. There was about 30 of us still waiting to get in. Apparently they oversold the show.

Ok, I suppose these things happen. How are you going to rectify the situation? Oh wait. . . you're not?

The manager refused to come down and address the public. The bouncers / door guys were disgruntle and on the verge of physically threatening customers who simply wanted a refund / answer / conversation with the manager / solution.

We were pretty much told, your money is gone and there is nothing you can do about it and there is nothing we plan on doing about it. Now get the f*&^ out of here.

I was blown away! People in the crowd actually had to call the cops. There was grumbling of a civil suit was, but I fear there will be little follow through.

I was even more disgusted when I came to review The American Comedy Company and I saw that this was not the first time that Danny (the manager named in a different review) ripped of customers and refused to face them or refund them.

Not sure how a business can continue to function in the manner? But I hope you will do yourself and future patrons a favor and spend your money elsewhere.

Visited October 2013
4 Thank The_Gospel
San Diego, California, United States
278 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 364 helpful votes
“Good times!”
Reviewed 11 October 2013

So far I've seen: Chris Kattan, Michael Yo, Nick Guerra, Sarah Tatiana, and Dustin Ybarra, all whom were pretty FUCing hilarious! They've all been great workouts for my barely existant ab muscles. I dont' know if its voluntary and required by their contract with club, but afterwards the comedians are available for meet and greets and photo ops for free.

Get there earlier if you want better seating, it seems to be first come first serve, but if you like sitting in back, take your time. Be prepared to be a target if you're in the first two rows! I was singled out by Michael Yo... :)

Booze and food prices seem pretty standard for downtown. There's a mandatory minimum "2 item" purchase, but neither waitress on each visit were pushy about it nor enforced this rule. A pitcher of beer counts as 4 "items", and unlimited $10 soda/iced tea counts as 2 "items".

Looking forward to my next ab workout here! :D

Visited August 2013
San Diego, California
19 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 34 helpful votes
“Horrible customer service, Over sells shows”
Reviewed 1 August 2013

This place SUCKS!

We pre-purchased tickets for a comedy show starting at 930. We arrived around 9 and there were ~10 people on line so we went for a drink. Came back around 920 and there was a line down the block. We joined the line b/c there was only one line so we assumed everyone else on the line had pre-purchased as well.

A security guard came down the line and announced that there was a 2 item minimum per person once we entered the venue. That wasn't printed on my ticket, so I found it a bit disturbing, but I was there already and wanted to see the show.

After 10-15 mins of people being let in someone came around and announced that if anyone was purchasing tickets at the door they would have to wait at the end of the line. Why weren't they doing that from the beginning?

A few people before my party and I were to be let in it was announced that it was standing took only from that point. Wtf?! There were about 15 of us left that had prepaid and about 6 left that hadn't. Most of us didn't want to stand for a 2 hr show, so we asked to speak to the manager.

The manager refused to come up, that is until a cop arrived. The cop talked with the manager, Danny to see what could be done and Danny refused to do anything (no transfers, no refunds) so the cop urged us to file a civil suit.

Eventually Danny agreed that if we put out name on a list we could come to the next evening's show. The next evening was Sunday and most of us have work Monday so we asked if there were any other options. He gave us the contact info for the director of marketing and urged us to contact him if that was the case. I emailed the guy 3 days ago and still no response...

I'm $87 bucks down and I am NOT a happy camper.

Visited July 2013
1 Thank NY2theWorld
Sioux Falls, South Dakota
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Few laughs”
Reviewed 15 June 2013

Went on a lark. Thursday night very sparse crowd. $20 each to get in AND two item minimum. Girls ordered diet coke x 2 each but got charged for all you can drink $10 each. Crown and diet $12 each. Over $100 dropped. 8th grade humor at best. Laughed 10% at best. Each comic kept singling out the lone black guy in front for humor. Not cool. Would find better venue for comedy.

Visited June 2013