“Unfortunate outcome”

San Diego Bay Adventures
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: It's time for YOUR NEXT BIG ADVENTURE! Conveniently located on Harbor Island- directly across from the San Diego International Airport (SAN) - San Diego Bay Adventures welcomes visitors and locals alike. Get a chance to learn about naval history or simply soak up the sun with one of our many rental & tour opportunities. We offer World-Class Jet Ski Tours & Rentals, Paddleboard Tours & Rentals, Kayak Rentals, AND Catamaran Charters. There is something for EVERYONE to ENJOY! So, fly solo or grab some friends, family, or that special someone and get set for YOUR NEXT BIG ADVENTURE. Open Daily: 9am-Sunset Call for Reservations! Can't wait to see YOU out on the WATER, ALOHA :) !!
Reviewed 11 August 2014

Traveled to San Diego last week with my wife and three high school/college aged teens. Called SD Bay Adventures and booked a one hour PRIVATE jet ski tour for myself and two of my kids. Was quoted $75 per ski plus $120 for guide which I thought was reasonable. Young woman who took reservation was terrific. Showed up for the tour two days later and found their office to be completely disorganized. Very unprofessional. There was also another young couple there who appeared like they were also getting ready to go out. Watched a quick safety video, completed required paperwork and then moved to the dock. I was a little concerned when the other couple came to the dock with us but simply thought they were getting both trips ready to go out at the same time. I even confirmed with the person who took us to the dock (who made it clear she was not our guide) that we were going to have a private tour. The other couple were sharing a ski so there were four ready to go out when the ONE guide appeared. At this point I really just wanted to get going and the one other ski didn't concern me all that much. I just didn't want to be part of large group. The tour was fine. The guide, an older gentlemen, was completely self-absorbed. We heard far too much about his personal background at the expense of truly interesting information about where we were traveling and time on the water. Finished the tour and returned to the dock. Tipped the guide $40 which I thought was reasonable. Went to the office to take care of payment (they held a credit card while we were out). I was told the price I was quoted would not change despite the fact that the tour was not private. I asked if at the minimum we would be splitting the cost of the guide with the other couple and our guide said absolutely not. Both would be required to pay the $120 fee. I'm sorry but they can't have it both ways. At what point does it not become private? They should have pointed this out either on the phone at the time of the original booking or before the tour began. It's bait and switch. Really wished I had not provided the tip before I learned of this. I would therefore NOT recommend this company. There are several others in the area who offer the same service. Look elsewhere.

7  Thank Mike G

Reviewed 13 July 2014

I rented a jet-ski with my son for an hour (no tour, just the jet-ski since I have a bit of experience with them). The entire staff is very friendly and helpful, from the person answering the phone to book a slot to the staff onsite. We'd like to tip our hat especially to Josh, a fine young man that made us feel at ease, explained everything very clearly, answered all of our questions and took the time to chat with us (and if you look away while talking, you'll swear you're chatting with Matthew Mcconaughey ;-) )

The units themselves are new or like new and work extremely well. The bay is really big and more than enough for an hour and even more if you have the energy for it (riding those waters compared to a lake was demanding physically, especially if you like to ride fast). We saw some great navy ships, beautiful sailboats and amazing yachts in the marina. At 2pm on this sunny day, just a bathing suit and t-shirt (with the life vest) was warm enough.

My son and I really had a blast and highly recommend visiting the guys at SD Bay Adventures!

Reviewed 12 July 2014

Wife and I loved it. Hannah was awesome and super friendly. When I go back in going there for sure. Jet skiis seemed all brand new and can really move! :)!

Reviewed 11 July 2014

We had a great time with Mr. Bruce the tour company owner. He was very informative and the jet skis are a blast! Best tour in San Diego!

Reviewed 9 July 2014

We live in San Diego and it's all fun to find things to do. This place has all the things you want to do in the water and at a great price. Also everyone who works is great and allways friendly. We will be back to this place all the time.