“FOUR SPOONS!!!!”

Oscar's Mexican Seafood
Ranked #62 of 5,141 Restaurants in San Diego
Cuisines: Mexican, Seafood
Reviewed 20 August 2014

Very very tasty tacos with several choices of sauces to top them off. Would have gotten the highly coveted FIVE SPOONS award, but really just a take out place with crowded limited seating on the sidewalk.
But we loved our tacos! The smoked fish and grilled fish were mexilicious!

Reviewed 16 August 2014 via mobile

The smoked fish tacos especial are amazing. Battered fish tacos are very good. Try the sauces from the cooler. Seating is limited. Don't miss this SoCal gem

Reviewed 14 August 2014

It saddens me that I can never step foot in a Rubio's again. Oscar's is THE place for fish tacos. I mean it really blows, because there's like a Rubio's down the street, and the closest Oscar's is a six and a half hour drive. That is bogus man!

Wonderful! Brilliant! They've set the bar high. Big beautiful tacos, the kind you'd make if you knew how to.

My mahi salad was a joy to partake of. Slivered almonds? Who does that, yet it was so appreciated. The fish was a delight to the senses, and though the sesame dressing was kind of lacking, the squeeze bottle of chipotle sauce was the purrrfect replacement.

The space inside is abbreviated, with some outside seating. And they wont ask you to leave when you show up with tiger face paint

Reviewed 12 August 2014 via mobile

I consider myself a connoisseur of all things Mexican food. Having lived in the central region of Mexico for a few years, I feel I have some background on the topic. It is not often that I find a restaurant that has taken the freshness typical to a Mexican plate and perfects it. Oscar's is one of those few places. The Torta de Oscar, essentially a Mexican sandwich, is as great, if not better, than the several I have eaten at Rick Bayless' Xoco in Chicago. It is incredible. The blend of skirt steak, smoked fish, spicy shrimp, cabbage, onion, tomato, and cilantro are full of flavor and freshness. The smoked fish taco is every bit as incredible. I highly recommend trying all the available salsas on your food. They are delicious, refreshing, and so typical of the best taco stands in Mexico. I have had seafood at several San Diego locations and NONE compared to the flavor and freshness of Oscar's. Every time I am in SD, I WILL eat at Oscar's.

1  Thank RazorUte
Reviewed 8 August 2014

Had fish tacos...they were very good...service is slow but then again they make everything fresh and made to order so understandable! Worth the wait! Very reasonable prices!!