“Wedding on the Adventuress”

Adventuress Catamaran
More attraction details
Owner description: The Adventuress Luxury Catamaran is a gorgeous 60' luxury yacht available exclusively for private charter. All excursions are customized for our guests and the Adventuress is certified to accommodate 2-48 guests. This yacht is ideal for: sailing tours of San Diego Bay, corporate entertaining and teambuilding, weddings, bachelor/bachelorette parties, family reunions, birthdays, Gray Whale & Blue Whale Watching, and special events. Ask about our catering and beverage service options.
Reviewed 21 November 2013

I got married aboard the Adventuress on 11/7/13 and I have never experienced better customer service in my entire life. Let me just say that if it weren't for discovering this sail boat to utilize for my ceremony and reception, there is no way I would have had the same (or comparable) experience elsewhere. Captain Ken was away on vacation during my wedding so the boat was co-captained by Brock (which we found out right away so there were no surprises and he did an awesome job!).

My fiancé and I met with Brock and Ken a few months prior to the wedding to view the boat before deciding to book. Once we decided to move forward, we signed a contract with Heather which was very easy and straight forward and all prices where what we were quoted. From that day, most of my contact was with Brock. In the months leading to the wedding, I probably text him 20 times with questions on the layout, supplies on the boat, and other general questions. Never once was he unprofessional or short with me (although I probably bugged him). He listened to every word I said on where I wanted things placed (decorations, food, alcohol), how I wanted my music to work day of, and he even provided very helpful directions that made the entire process easier.

The day before the big day we met with Brock to discuss the timeline for the wedding and ceremony and he was very detailed in explaining how the guests would board the boat and be served drinks, when and how I would exit my dressing room, where all the guests would be situated when I walked out, and everything else down to every detail.

My fiancé and I made our own food and brought our own alcoholic beverages which kept cost down but this option of renting the Adventuress for 3 hours for our wedding and ceremony was BY FAR THE BEST OPTION FOR THE MONEY! Not only was the price amazing but we had our ceremony and reception in one location which made things SO EASY. Because we went this route, we didn't have bridesmaids or groomsmen which made planning a dream.

On the day of the wedding, I was paranoid (like any bride would be) because I wanted things to be perfect but Brock and his team made things run more smoothly then I imagined they could. The ceremony was perfect, the weather was ideal, and the sunset was magical.

If you want a dream wedding with easy planning and awesome customer service, book the adventuress for your big day! I would imagine that any event aboard this boat wouldn't disappoint.

1  Thank rebecca_hinson

Reviewed 19 October 2013

I recently had a fantastic experience on the Adventuress Catamaran with Captain Kenny and his crew. Everything about this operation is top notch. I recommend these guys to anyone looking to charter a boat in San Diego.

The boat, which appears to be pretty much brand new, is absolutely beautiful. The deck was our favorite place to hang out, lounging in the super comfy deck chairs. When my kids got a little chilled, the crew got blankets for them to stay toasty. In the cabin, they've got a great kitchen and comfortable sofas for hanging out and listening to music (Kenny even let my daughter select her own tunes).

The food and drinks were delicious. The crew made sure there was plenty to eat for everyone including the vegetarians among us, which we really appreciated.

As great as the boat is, the thing that shines brightest of all is Captain Kenny himself. He is about the friendliest guy you'll ever meet. It's also a good feeling knowing you are in the hands of a super skilled sailor - be sure to ask him to share some stories from his racing career including his involvement with the America's Cup.

Thanks again, Captain Kenny! You, Heather and your crew made for an experience we'll never forget.

Reviewed 15 October 2013

If you're searching for something special...something magical, choose The Adventuress for your event location! We just enjoyed a 3 hr. sunset cruise for a Surprise 60th Birthday party, and it was unforgettable. The crew was accommodating, courteous and a joy to be around...always smiling and helpful! My guests thoroughly loved the smooth sail in the San Diego Harbor and viewed the city lights, the Coronado bridge, Hotel del Coronado and so much more...it was truly magical! The comment I heard over and over throughout the evening was "You set the bar so high, how can we ever match this beautiful evening?"...I'm hoping they'll do just same and book The Adventuress for their future parties...and that I'm invited, of course! :-)!

1  Thank JudithJ23
Reviewed 9 October 2013

We chartered the Adventuress for a two hour sunset cruise following our wedding and reception. We had a destination wedding and are from out of state. This yacht is amazing, gorgeous, state of the art!! All of our guests were in disbelief on how wonderful the boat, crew, etc. was! Heather was superb to work with and was super speedy on return emails and very informative. Thank you Heather and Ken for the awesome experience and great service!

Reviewed 6 October 2013

I threw my 40th James Bond themed birthday on the Adventuress and have to say it's been my best birthday ever!

Captain Ken and his wife Heather were super accommodating and friendly, the boat was absolutely beautiful and the cruise was perfect!

Can't wait to sail with them again!

1  Thank Stephanie H