“Good food but very loud”

Sammy's Woodfired Pizza & Grill - Del Mar
Ranked #1,541 of 4,847 Restaurants in San Diego
Cuisines: Pizza
Description: Nestled on the border of beautiful Del Mar and Carmel Valley, our Del Mar location is a favorite dining destination for locals and tourists alike. Now offering a full bar featuring handcrafted cocktails.
Reviewed 10 February 2014 via mobile

Went here with the family. I had the tai pizza. It was good but I have had better. The wife had the bbq chicken pizza. Also good but not great. What was great was the salads. They were fresh and good sized. I little on the high price side for me. The noise level was almost to high to talk to your neighbor. Had a good but not great meal.
The

Reviewed 27 November 2013

I regularly have gone here for dinner with kids. Great individual pizzas and the duck tacos are to die for. Can be a line but it moves fast and worth the wait

Reviewed 28 August 2013

We visited Sammy's and sat on the outside patio which is nice with heaters for the cool evenings in San Diego. Food was good, service was a little slow.

Reviewed 24 August 2013

We had a table full of appetizers and I tried the well margaritas. The food was very good and for that alone, we will go back.

I would prefer "fresh" margaritas, but who wouldn't?!! so I will try another drink next time :)

1  Thank Liz R
Reviewed 8 August 2013

We had 3 pizzas on the same visit - a superb Margherita, an average pepperoni, and a five cheese pizza that really missed the mark. The blending of the 5 cheeses really did not taste right - nearly everybody else seems to get this pizza down much better. Quite nice location in the Del Mar Heights Shopping center near the movie theater. The host who seated us was really nice. The wait staff were attentive at first then service kind of slacked off. The all too common situation of very attractive, personable young people with very limited attention spans - which is why they are waiting tables I guess.
This restaurant really seemed very popular for parents with kids - pizza for the kids and a quite enjoyable bar for the adults. They really do seem to hit the mark on that demographic.