“Great Beer with Humble Beginnings”
Review of Hess Brewing - CLOSED

Hess Brewing
Reviewed 18 October 2013

This was another brewery on our Sunday crawl. We were at the original, industrial location. Nothing spectacular but it doesn't need to be if the beer is good. There were several selections we tried and our beer guy (he was a previous Hawaii dweller!) was very knowledgeable and fun. He spent the time telling us the back story of Hess and overall our visit was great! I wish we had more time in SD to visit their new brew pub location but next time.

Reviewed 2 July 2013

A colleague and I stopped by for a quick bite to eat from the food truck and to partake of their beer. Missed the tour by a half-hour or so, but one of the employees gave a quick run-down of the operation.

Anyway, all of the beer was excellent and having the food truck available was great.

1  Thank chris_NM
Reviewed 28 May 2013

Visited on Friday after work, what a good surprise. Very good fresh beer on tap and a Food Truck park outside. Interesting place we nice friendly feel, people bring the beach chairs and lounge and drink one of San Diego's best brews. Some people had a hard time getting there, it's at the end of the driveway in some industrial zoned area. Small warehouse space where they actually still have a brew set up you can see the mash tuns and all the grain stored. I got the sampler special 5 tastes + Souvenir glass for $12, Did my research on their website and had a list of what I wanted to try, all good! Dog friendly place (& credit cards accepted)

1  Thank Eduardo_TJ