“Great Milkshake”

Bunz Gourmet Burgers
Ranked #346 of 4,847 Restaurants in San Diego
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 23 May 2014

This restaurant was right next to the hotel. I Got a great Peanut Butter Milkshake. I only wish that it was bigger.

Reviewed 20 May 2014

Wife and I had breafast. Food was ok, but nothing exceptional. Server was pleasant. Close to many motels on hotel circle

Reviewed 14 May 2014

I have to recommend the All 'bout Garlic burger with angus beef patty. Yum-mmee! My mouth even waters just writing about it! I was in the garlic mood and got it with garlic fries. Not knowing what to expect, I hoped I wasn't getting too much garlic-ey stuff. No worries at all, the food was just DELICIOUS without too much of anything. And I didn't even have it with a beer (which they have a good selection of).
The server was very nice and courteous. The restaurant itself is in front of the Days Inn and appears to be a small diner-type. Looks are deceiving because it was not diner priced. I agree with others that it was pricey and their online menu prices are not updated. However, my experience was well worth the cost.

Reviewed 29 April 2014

Bunz is a sit-down gourmet hamburger place that also serves fries, onion rings, salads, and shakes, among other things. It was almost empty when I entered on a weekday evening. They seated me and took my order right away. All the staff were friendly and polite. It's an ordinary atmosphere but neat, clean, and comfortable.

I wasn't in the mood for a burger, so I ordered a Cobb salad and decided that I would order fries if the salad wasn't enough food. Let's just say I didn't need any fries--the salad was huge. And it had a lot of my favorite toppings, like bacon, gorgonzola cheese, and guacamole. It was really tasty and was plenty of food for dinner.

I found the menu to have a lot of choices and the prices to be very reasonable. Yes, it is more expensive than a fast food burger joint, for two good reasons. First, it is not fast food. It is a table-service restaurant. Second, it is on Hotel Circle, where many business travelers, like myself, are stuck without a car. Comparable menu selections at my hotel's restaurant were the same quality for twice the price.

Should I travel here again and stay nearby, I will happily dine at Bunz again.

Reviewed 20 April 2014

There is inside and outside dining. The staff are really nice. The menu prices are expensive. They are only open for breakfast and lunch. Because they are on the Days Hotel property, breakfast hours are crazy busy and you will have to wait. Food is good, (not great). Milkshakes are good.