“Rooftop Seating is the Draw Here”
Review of PB Ale House

PB Ale House
Ranked #85 of 387 things to do in San Diego
Reviewed 25 June 2018

This is your average beach bar and restaurant. They have an open, rooftop deck that is usually packed with people so seating is hard to come by. I had a large group with me so we had to settle for sitting downstairs in the bar area. The server we had was just okay. We had to wait for awhile to just get silverware for everyone after the food had come. It is close to the beach so it can get pretty busy at times. The food was your basic bar food. I had ordered a flatbread that had their barbecue brisket on it with carmelized onions, some cheese and maybe mushrooms. I would order this again but without the brisket on it. The brisket was so fatty that it made it difficult to chew which made it completely unappetizing to me. The rest of my friends said that the food they had ordered was just okay, with the exception of two people that had ordered the same thing which was some kind of taco. They both liked their tacos. If your main reason is to get drinks and just snack on average food then this is the place to be.

All reviews
in 3 reviews
"ocean"
in 5 reviews

Reviewed 18 May 2018 via mobile

All you can eat shrimp for $20 on Thursdays was delicious. The beers we had were all good. A good pick me up drink was the California Dream'en it was orangey, caffeine-filled, and delicious. The service was a bit slow, had to wait awhile to get our check at the end.

Reviewed 8 May 2018

I had the fish. This was my first time in California. The fish was really good and the service was even better. Everyone was welcoming!

Reviewed 10 April 2018 via mobile

So awesome! Sat up on the 2nd floor seating area looking at the water. Started w the mission and Grand (which is now my fave drink) fish tacos and cheese flatbread were amazing! Will definitely go back!