“Nice, unique spot”

Queenstown Public House
Ranked #79 of 4,991 Restaurants in San Diego
Price range: US$15 - US$25
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: A New Zealand Restaurant in San Diego's Little Italy with outdoor dining and a dog friendly patio. Saturday & Sunday brunch. Perfect for date nights.
Reviewed 7 August 2014

Great spot for lunch near Little Italy. Sat down on the porch with family, fans going on above us moving the air nicely. The food was great and coming from San Francisco definitely not pricey at all - steak frites perfectly cooked to medium rare for $17 in my case, and all the sandwiches in the teens. Portions are definitely generous and the beer menu extensive. A great place to have a bite and linger over drinks on a sunny day.

Reviewed 30 July 2014

I'm not a happy hour person (beverage-wise) but the eclectic and varied assortment of alcoholic selections sure are enticing. They offer a really neat way to sample beers and other libations. The happy hour offerings food-wise are tasty and a good way to go as far as being a little friendlier on the wallet.

Reviewed 22 July 2014

I dined at the bar on a Sunday at the end of what seemed to be a hyper busy weekend in SD. Found it on Yelp, although I had heard someone mention it. Among the choices in Little Italy, it really stands out as distinct and special Place was packed with people eating and drinking, enjoying the last light of the day. There's a very friendly vibe and ambience as you walk in. After all, it's an old house it's located in so you feel like you're entering someone's home for a party. While they have a special thing for different burgers, I chose the Salmon on a bed of quinoa and was very much not disappointed in my choice. The fish was tender and perfect and a good sized portion as well. Separate gluten-free menu as well (yay). There are a lot of wines and beer on tap, many are unique finds to SD area. When crowded, noise might make it harder to carry on a conversation, but that's hardly a problem at a party, is it?

Reviewed 17 July 2014

We came here for lunch on our last day in San Diego. It is just on edge of Little Italy.
Good selection of salads, different sandwiches / burgers and mains.
Also great selection of draft beers and wine.
Decor is very different -bare wood, in bar area, next door looks like a sitting room except for the grass and lambs on the ceiling. Outside patio area constructed of reclaimed items.
Service is very good and food was tasty.
We also came here for a drink on the previous evening and it had a busy,lively atmosphere.
Would definitely recommend it.

Reviewed 5 July 2014

Came back to have breakfast for the second time here when we were back in SD last weekend. I had the french toast and the wife had the Elvis hmmm mmmm good! I use to think Hash House had the best french toast in SD but have to say I think this place is now my favorite. Cannot wait until we are back in SD to go back.