“What a delicious find”

Urbane Cafe San Diego
Ranked #704 of 5,143 Restaurants in San Diego
Reviewed 20 November 2013

My wife and I were out shopping in the Morena home furnishings district in San Diego and wanted a quick lunch. We just happened upon this place and were we ever so glad. This is a what I would characterize is an upscale fast food place in terms of ambiance and decor. You order your meals at the register and then they bring it to you. My wife had a seasonal special turkey sandwich with a cranberry sauce that should could not stop raving about. I had the Caprese sandwich that again had a unique sauce that was very tasty. The sandwiches also came with a fresh mixed greens salad with a unique and tasty balsamic dressing. The owner circulated among the diners to check in with them. We immediately asked when they would open a place in our neighborhood, some 25 miles away. The person at the next table overheard our conversation and asked when they would have one in her neighborhood as well, 25 miles in a different direction. This place is definitely worth seeking out for lunch or a casual dinner.

Reviewed 20 November 2013

Grilled cheese for our toddler. He only ate a bit of it. Portabello mushroom sandwich for me. It had lots of cheese and sauce which made the bread soggy and little mushroom. My husband had the BBQ chicken sandwich and said it was average. We may or may not go back.

Reviewed 22 October 2013

We frequent this place. They have delicious high quality soups, salads and sandwiches. Even though it's far from where we live, I haven't found a place that equals it's freshness and quality standards so I always find an excuse to go to Morena Blvd just to eat there. Wish we had something like this in our own community.

Reviewed 26 August 2013 via mobile

While visiting San Diego from The East Coast, I stumbled upon this unassuming little sandwich place. I ordered the So Cal Chicken sandwich and one bite told me I had found what I had been looking for all my life. The most delicious low calorie sandwich and salad I had ever eaten. I have returned and also had their turkey club and various salads within 24 hrs of my first bite.

I can't pinpoint what makes these salads and sandwiches so amazing but perhaps it's a combination of the following:

Warm, made from scratch focaccia bread.
Fresh green leaf lettuce and avocado slices.
Succulent natural and hormone free grilled chicken.
A variety of cheeses and aioli dressings.
Unbeatable prices for casual gourmet dining.

Whathever if is, Urbane got it all right. I so hope that one day they'll open one of these in Raleigh, NC. So me and my family can relive the wonderful experience of eating at Urbane Cafe over and over again.