“Save a trip to Beirut or Amman”

Aladdin Mediterranean Cafe
Ranked #994 of 4,834 Restaurants in San Diego
Cuisines: Middle Eastern
Reviewed 2 November 2012

This delightful restaurant in the Hillcrest area has everything you would find in Lebanon, Jordan, etc and having been to those countries I know. I was there twice in 3 days with my sons and we were very pleased. A large variety of dishes, including of course lamb. Splendid mezze, shawarma and many other delights. The wine list includes Ksara from Lebanon, a famous old vineyard that never stopped producing and exporting during the terrible civil war. Prices are definitely reasonable and the wait staff charming and happy to explain how the dishes are prepared. AND the salad dressing is to die for.

There are newer reviews for Aladdin Mediterranean Cafe

Reviewed 18 October 2012

We were in San Diego for a daily trip from Los Angeles.End of the day we were very very hungry and looking for middle east restaurant. We tried this restaurant.It was average and pricey.Because of we are very hungry we ordered alot and didn't looked the prices carefully.we paid alot.Also I didnt like the kunafa. Restaurant is on the Vermont street not on cleveland ave.

Reviewed 10 August 2012

Great restaurant located in Hillcrest. My family and I visit this place often and are always satisfied with the quality of the food and service. I like their Chicken Tika..comes with basmati rice, hummus, pita bread, and a salad. My favorite appetizers are the cheese borak and baba ghanouj. The owner is a nice gentleman who goes out of his way to be hospitable. If you want delicious middle Eastern food at a reasonable price..this is the place to go!

1  Thank Angelica S
Reviewed 12 March 2012

We found this place just walking around and were pleased to find that the food was excellent and moderately priced. Highly recommend!

Reviewed 15 February 2012

Nicely decorated, spacious, and ample menu. Unfortunately, most dishes lacked flavor and/or texture. If you know Lebanese/Middle Eastern food from elsewhere, you will find this highly disappointing. Staples like Humus taste like paste from a jar; chicken marinade overpoweringly strong and meat dry. Service very inattentive. Give this place a miss, especially as prices are well above average for this type of restaurant in San Diego.