“Great food, surprisingly quiet”
Review of Crest Cafe

Crest Cafe
Ranked #290 of 4,853 Restaurants in San Diego
Price range: US$5 - US$30
Cuisines: American, Diner
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast
Description: Family owned and operated since 1982, Crest Cafe is a San Diego favorite known for delicious, hearty, healthy comfort food!
Reviewed 7 May 2014

Our son-in-law had seen a segment about the Crest Cafe on one of the food channels. We got a table outside on a Friday morning and the street-side table was surprisingly quiet. I ordered the breakfast quesadilla and it was more than enough! Everyone else in our party had a nice large breakfast that was delicious.

Reviewed 6 May 2014

The Crest Cafe is a small quaint cafe in the Crestview region of San Diego. I was dining alone on a Saturday. I showed up shortly after it opened at 7am and it was not crowded at all. This cafe has been featured on Diners, Drive-ins and Dives so it does get packed later in the day.

I ordered the Cubana Breakfast Sandwich and it was delicious. Basically a thick slice of ham with Cuban style pulled pork, a few slices of bacon, topped off with a fried egg and served on a grilled roll. I ordered the home fries as the side. I also ordered a cup of coffee that was always at least 1/2 full.

Service was excellent. Friendly and efficient, the server never let me see the bottom of my coffee cup (one way I personally judge service level).

So many other things on the menu looked fantastic. There were a lot of lunch items that sounded very intriguing. I plan to back for some of those other items next time I'm in the neighbor hood.

Prices are moderate and you can order anything on the menu all day long. Parking can be a little tough as it is metered street parking.

Reviewed 2 May 2014

We visited Crest Cafe for breakfast before going to the San Diego Zoo. The menu has so many options, you'll definitely find something you like.

I ordered the Hangover, a very spicy omelette with jalapenos, jack cheese, and chimichurri sauce. It took a while to eat, but it was very good. The others in our group ordered different omelettes, and the kids split a waffle topped with strawberries.

It wasn't very busy for a weekday, and the only parking that we saw was metered parking on the street. If we lived in the area, we would probably be eating there a couple times a month.

Reviewed 20 April 2014

I honestly dont care if Guy Fieri has been here or not, I was here first ! The crest pasta is to DIE for !! Thick yummy pasta with shallots, Canadian bacon and a wonderful cream sauce ♥♥
It is NOT for someone on a diet but if you get one and split it with your friend with a salad you will have less guilt, a MUST try item

Reviewed 17 March 2014

We sat on the sidewalk for a lovely lunch. The food was imaginative and tasty, and the portions very generous. The sign said it was a "DDD" place, but it sure seemed a cut above!

2  Thank old-guy11