“Worst Food”
Review of Ricky's Family Restaurant - CLOSED

Ricky's Family Restaurant
Cuisines: American
Good for: Groups, Child-friendly
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Waitstaff
Neighbourhood: Mission Valley / Hotel Circle
Sherman, Texas
“Worst Food”
Reviewed 2 April 2014

What do you desire out of a restaurant? Obviously you wish for delicious cuisines, soothing ambience and memorable experience. Now coming to the real story, our experience of Ricky’s turned out to be exactly the opposite.

I went to Ricky’s with my family and was looking forward to a great evening. The food was bland, the ambience poor and the service extremely disappointing. The staff of the restaurant was extremely unprofessional and was simply not interested to serving us. The food which was served was either burnt or uncooked and we had to leave it after 2 or 3 bites.

I have vowed never to return to the restaurant again.

• Visited March 2014

Dallas, Texas
“Bad Experience from Start to Finish!”
Reviewed 19 March 2014

Having driven past Rickey's for years and never thought to eat there, a friend suggested it for dinner. We were very excited to try a new place that promised the best apple pancake in town. The place was ordinary, but we still had hopes for amazing food stuffs. The risotto was simply tasteless, and the butter was floating at the sides. Apple pancake was a huge disappointment with the taste not even ordinary. Disappointment is not the word is would use; in fact we were ‘angry’ with fake promises of delicious food. We have never returned to the restaurant and will never will!

• Visited March 2014
Chicago
“Great Chicken Sandwich”
Reviewed 20 February 2014

Actually used Chicken sliced from the breast. None of this processed lunchmeat or from frozen chicken breast.

Visited February 2014
Clarksburg, West Virginia
“Terrible day of my life”
Reviewed 11 February 2014

I took my boys out for dinner as usual, but this time we went to Ricky’s. My little boys are ardent rib eaters and we have our growing list of favorite restaurants. Sadly though, Ricky’s narrowly missed my approval. Though the food was just fine, the way dried ketchup and tidbits of food were glued to the table took away my appetite. My little boys were equally dejected by the sight.

• Visited January 2014
Monterey, California
“Nice”
Reviewed 3 February 2014

The restaurant is a free standing restaurant on "Hotel Row" in San Diego. One of the reasons we chose it for our breakfast.

Bright and airy, Diner style with many booths. Server was very pleasant and attentive. We ordered a plate for each of us, two adults and two children, which turned out to be way too much food as the portions were very generous! The food was fine, as in "ok", not "great". It provided us with the sufficient fuel for a long day, but also took some extra dollars that we had not budgeted to spend at a family diner.

Nothing "bad" about the experience at all, but spending what we did, I really would have expected more.

• Visited February 2014