“I love to support local restaurants, but...” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Ricky's Family Restaurant - CLOSED

Ricky's Family Restaurant
Cuisines: American
Good for: Cheap Eats, Child-friendly, Groups
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Waitstaff
Neighbourhood: Mission Valley / Hotel Circle
Saint Louis, Missouri
“I love to support local restaurants, but...”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 April 2014 via mobile

The sign said, "home of the World Famous Apple Pancake", so I decided to stop in & try one! I also decided to ignore the obvious signs of a bad restaurant, very few customers & that slight old/mildew smell. I now know the server was trying to discourage me from getting the apple pancake when she said it would take 20 minutes. But at the time, I didn't think a 20 minute wait was a big deal.
When the pancake arrived, I realized why it took 20 minutes to prepare, 15 minutes to heat the oven to the temperature of the sun, & 5 minutes to bake the apple-filled cinnamon, sugar & scrambled egg cake!
I tried, but I could only eat a few bites. After a while, I just didn't see any point in eating more.
I almost LOL when the server asked if I wanted a to go container! I told her I didn't like the pan mess. She said she doesn't like them either!!!
I just hope the call Chef Robert Irvine, STAT!!!!!!!

1 Thank GGStl

West Palm Beach, Florida
“waste of our time and money”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 April 2014

Visiting Ricky’s was a sheer waste of our time and money.
The atmosphere was nice with live music in the weekends. However, the food was way below average. For the high end price they charge, the actual food quality equals a cafe inside a Holiday Inn at best.
Their French toast like ones from a local store. I think Rickey's needs to decide who their target audience is; you can't avoid hiring a real chef if you want to charge hefty price for your dishes.

• Visited April 2014
Sherman, Texas
“Worst Food”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 April 2014

What do you desire out of a restaurant? Obviously you wish for delicious cuisines, soothing ambience and memorable experience. Now coming to the real story, our experience of Ricky’s turned out to be exactly the opposite.

I went to Ricky’s with my family and was looking forward to a great evening. The food was bland, the ambience poor and the service extremely disappointing. The staff of the restaurant was extremely unprofessional and was simply not interested to serving us. The food which was served was either burnt or uncooked and we had to leave it after 2 or 3 bites.

I have vowed never to return to the restaurant again.

• Visited March 2014
Dallas, Texas
“Bad Experience from Start to Finish!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 March 2014

Having driven past Rickey's for years and never thought to eat there, a friend suggested it for dinner. We were very excited to try a new place that promised the best apple pancake in town. The place was ordinary, but we still had hopes for amazing food stuffs. The risotto was simply tasteless, and the butter was floating at the sides. Apple pancake was a huge disappointment with the taste not even ordinary. Disappointment is not the word is would use; in fact we were ‘angry’ with fake promises of delicious food. We have never returned to the restaurant and will never will!

• Visited March 2014
Chicago
“Great Chicken Sandwich”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 February 2014

Actually used Chicken sliced from the breast. None of this processed lunchmeat or from frozen chicken breast.

Visited February 2014