“so?”

Price range: US$1 - US$20
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating
Reviewed 17 June 2014

I figure I'm in a distinct minority here, since when anyone in san Diego says "Bread and Cie" they do so sort of breathlessly, as if this place was the repository of All Things Good. Fir me, it was everything mediocre. The atmosphere is on par with a noisy + crowded railway station, the latte I had was subpar...and sorry but I have had way better bread. And parking is a real problem, too. I often wonder, as I pass by, if people rave about it because they think they're sposed to?
In a word: meh.

1  Thank David L

Reviewed 27 May 2014

Choices of bread: Huge
Servings: Huge
Service: Very friendly

Downside: Only 1 bathroom and not too much space to sit.
The kitchen looked dirty from the outside.

Reviewed 1 April 2014

We went for breakfast, it was wonderful. bread, bread and more bread, all wonderful. excellent latte. we sat outside and it was very pleasant. seating is limited. you can everything to go. a wonderful little spot

Reviewed 26 March 2014

Bread. So much bread. ANy kind of bread you could want. Best raisin bread ever. No seriously though. Even more worth the glutton than Brian's 24. They have pretty good coffee too. The seating is limited so get there early or take it to go. It also gets really hot in there, so I recommend taking you bread to go :)

Reviewed 26 March 2014

My family (me, my wife, son 6, and daughter 3) stopped by here on the way to a picnic breakfast at Balboa park. They have an excellent selection of pastries and other sweet breakfast goodies. Everything we ordered, and we ordered a bunch, was delicious. I had an apricot cheese danish, my son had a cinnamon roll and apple turn over, my wife had an almond croissant, and my daughter had a cranberry orange muffin. We shared fruit salad and the kids had fresh squeezed orange juice.

My wife liked it so much for breakfast that she wanted to go back to try their lunch/dinner menu items.

We found parking right on the street.

The service was fast, and the locals seemed to go here as well. If we lived in SD, we'd probably be regulars, very well-fed regulars.