“FABULOUS!!”
Review of Dublin Square Pub

Dublin Square Pub
Reserve with OpenTable
Dublin Square Pub is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #465 of 5,145 Restaurants in San Diego
Price range: US$0 - US$25
Cuisines: Irish, Steakhouse, Bar
Dining options: After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Downtown
Description: Dublin Square Irish Pub & Grill doesn't just look like a piece of Ireland-it actually is a piece of Ireland. Before getting shipped across the Atlantic Ocean to its home in the Gaslamp Quarter, the pub was manufactured on the island by O'Sullivan Interiors. What's more, it's based on an authentic pub whose roots stretch back to the early 1700s. Guests can experience this homage by sidling up to the Irish oak bar, or toasting themselves next to the cast-iron fireplace in the Victorian Lounge. Of course, the food and drink are likewise Irish-inspired: beer-battered fish and chips, Guinness-braised beef, and an Irish lamb stew loaded with potatoes, onions, carrots, and fresh Colorado lamb. On certain nights, the pub buzzes with trivia competitions, karaoke performances, and sets from live bands. Join us for Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner and Desserts!
Reviewed 3 May 2014 via mobile

Authentic from the woodwork to the beer! The food kept us coming back for more, no to mention the real Irish beers! We at 5 times in 5 days at Dublin. We went other places, but the food and staff drew us back. We even took Scotch Eggs back on the plane with us. The music at night was very good and we loved the Irish waitresses (not all, just 2 are Irish). One of the few places in the US to get Kilkennys - and on tap!

Reviewed 28 April 2014

Wonderful evening, great food and great staff.
All the Irish beers and whiskey one could dream of and a good selection of local brews too.
They have a good menu but we were not real hungry and settled for a nice cheese plate and the chicken & steak kabobs.
We saw a good many people having the Shepard's pie and others with the Fish & Chips. Both are very popular as confirmed by the young Irish lady who served us.
A real Irish pub in decor and atmosphere. A winner for us!

Reviewed 15 April 2014

The Field and Dublin Square are the two best pubs in the Gaslamp that we visited over the weekend. The staff here was really great, the food was awesome, and they have live bands on the weekend! It's a really fun place and we'll definitely eat, drink, and be merry here again! The bar is bigger than it looks and has a lot of great seating. The breakfast is awesome and we'll definitely go back!

Reviewed 16 March 2014

I tend not to do restaurant reviews but this place was great. We went in for breakfast and then came back at night for the St Patty's party. The staff was great, the food was good, and the beer was varied and affordable. Its comfortable for a wide variety of people. It would work for those on a pub craw to a family just wanting lunch. Nice environment.

It was one of the most professionally 'bounced' bars Ive been to. A lot of times St Patty's turns into amateur hour with fights etc but the staff and security really kept this place running smoothly all night.

Great place.

Reviewed 13 March 2014

I was walking around the Gas Lamp District not really knowing what I wanted to eat. I did know I felt like drinking a half-and-half.

I stumbled upon the Dublin Square Pub and decided to stay as there was a table available outside. I ordered my beer and a Dublin Square Jumbo Burger. I wasn't in the mood for much more than a burger, but then their mac and cheese jumped out at me from the menu, so I ordered it as well. I WAS NOT DISAPPOINTED! I wanted to order another one, but that would have be carb overload!

Next time, I promise to put on my Irish hat and try their traditional offerings.